Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #169
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
I have been playing football games since NES... 8 bit... sport games have evolved and we as a gaming community expect to keep seeing these games expand their horizons... with that said... how does EA not put out a better game than 2K5??? It has been 8 years and every year i try out a Madden game either by demo or purchasing on hope and i have been disappointed every single time (best madden in my opinion had Vick on the cover). So once again its time to dust off my ol PS2 system and pop in 2K5 for my football gaming enjoyment.

-Anyone who has updated rosters for NFL 2K5 please tell me how to get them without having to purchase any of those Max Drive or Action Replay devices. I'd be willing to ship my memory card to the end of the world to play with up to date rosters on 2K5. Thanks for anyones help in advance.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #170
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
OXM Reviewed it, 7.5 out of 10. Full game that is.

Here is some input from the review...

+ Hugely upgraded connected careers mode features many clever touches including fake Twitter accounts.
+ Overhauled graphics engine feels heavier and more realistic
- Overall lack of polish including buggy commentary and still error prone. Also some goofy graphic glitches and lack of depth. (Not sure what they mean by lack of depth)

Overall, Madden remains quite raw. The engine shows a great deal of promise and connected features a lot of interesting ideas but there's no question that this is a rebuilding year. The best news is that EA finally seems t be on the right track. Give it another year and maybe Madden will be a true contender.

How many times have we heard that last sentence? Maybe since Madden 06?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #171
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrooklynBaller
I have been playing football games since NES... 8 bit... sport games have evolved and we as a gaming community expect to keep seeing these games expand their horizons... with that said... how does EA not put out a better game than 2K5??? It has been 8 years and every year i try out a Madden game either by demo or purchasing on hope and i have been disappointed every single time (best madden in my opinion had Vick on the cover). So once again its time to dust off my ol PS2 system and pop in 2K5 for my football gaming enjoyment.

-Anyone who has updated rosters for NFL 2K5 please tell me how to get them without having to purchase any of those Max Drive or Action Replay devices. I'd be willing to ship my memory card to the end of the world to play with up to date rosters on 2K5. Thanks for anyones help in advance.
To each is his own I guess, like I said before, I can't complain anymore, yes some issues are still there but I am loving the "fight for every inch" this game give with regard to the running game and tackling animations.

I truly feel we may just surpass 2k5 next gen after all this time, we all know they have a team working on next gen as we speak and hopefully the positives stand up and they are hard at work trying to rid of the the legacy issues.

My magic 8-ball says "maddens future looks bright"!

Less than 2weeks now fellas, good job EA for a new team and direction that shows in its first year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #172
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

I love the demo. Again, has some quirks that hopefully will be patched. But overall, best feel of Madden I personally can remember. The injuries need to be cutback though. I had 11 injuries in one game on the demo yesterday. That's insane.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #173
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

I agree with you smoke6. This is an incredible start with this new engine and the future is very bright for sure!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #174
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
To each is his own I guess, like I said before, I can't complain anymore, yes some issues are still there but I am loving the "fight for every inch" this game give with regard to the running game and tackling animations.

I truly feel we may just surpass 2k5 next gen after all this time, we all know they have a team working on next gen as we speak and hopefully the positives stand up and they are hard at work trying to rid of the the legacy issues.

My magic 8-ball says "maddens future looks bright"!

Less than 2weeks now fellas, good job EA for a new team and direction that shows in its first year!
I think Madden is improving...yes... but not in the area's that it should have been improving on 8 years ago. They are almost on a decade with this. The OL/DL, WR/CB interactions are still terrible, AI decision making is still terrible, presentation is boring... your telling me that they cant have an in studio halftime report... or post game reports... 2k5 had run downs and highlights from season games to keep me interested. Ea says if its in the game its in the game... really i don't know what game their talking about. Its just my honest opinion, that yes... Madden seems better... but better than what??? The last Madden?? All football games will be judged upon its greatest predecessor and thats NFL 2K5 and it has been for the past 8 years. The only thing and absolute only thing Madden has over 2K5 is graphics... and it should its next gen. Don't get graphics confused with PHYSICS... 2K5 still holds reign on that as well 8 years later.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #175
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
OXM Reviewed it, 7.5 out of 10. Full game that is.

Here is some input from the review...

+ Hugely upgraded connected careers mode features many clever touches including fake Twitter accounts.
+ Overhauled graphics engine feels heavier and more realistic
- Overall lack of polish including buggy commentary and still error prone. Also some goofy graphic glitches and lack of depth. (Not sure what they mean by lack of depth)

Overall, Madden remains quite raw. The engine shows a great deal of promise and connected features a lot of interesting ideas but there's no question that this is a rebuilding year. The best news is that EA finally seems t be on the right track. Give it another year and maybe Madden will be a true contender.

How many times have we heard that last sentence? Maybe since Madden 06?
And they also said it was all around much better than Madden 12 yet gave it a lower score lol. The lacking depth part is absolutely laughable after playing retail. It is easily the deepest sports game on the market and deeper than any sports game I have EVER played.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #176
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Casey, do you play the show? Or ootp?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »