Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #457
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
I would like to see strike zones adjusted for stance height. For example, Albert Pujols and Troy Tulowitzki are the same height and have the same strike zone. So given how crouched Pujols is, in the game his strike zone is basically knees to shoulders, whereas in real life those same pitches would be balls.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #458
TheHitKingz

dj will's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I'd like to see the ability to import your own picture for your Road To The Show player

Last edited by dj will; 08-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #459
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Almost forgot some player edit ideas.

Most important is Home & Away edits. Couldn't stress how important this is for a franchise with changing batting glove and armband colors, cleats, etc. I would also like to see the ability to wear batting gloves while on base and the ability to choose different colors for those gloves or if the same as the ones at bat. Another baserunning edit is wrist braces, ex. Michael Cuddyer & Vlad Guerrero. Now for the infield edits. Webbing for gloves should be customizable including trapeze, cross, regular, etc. I see many different webs for all sorts of gloves. I would also like to be able to edit the color of the under glove batting glove. I see many different batting gloves aside from the player's at bat gloves. Last is the at-bat edits. I notice many players have pine tar at the meeting of the barrel and the handle. I would like an option to select how much or if any. Last edit is bat size and the finish of the bat. Some bats are very glossy while others are somewhat rough.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #460
Rookie

NothingTrivial's Arena

OVR: 2

I dont know if its been mentioned, I read through the first 20 or so pages and didnt see it. Id like better stat tracking, as well as more season and all time records, maybe a top 10 of each stat so we can track where certain players rank among the all time greats.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #461
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to see each team have their own broadcast commentators whether it be the radio guys or the tv guys. Would love to hear the words 'Souvenir City' when hitting a bomb at progressive field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #462
Rookie

as much as i would love that as well that will never happen.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #463
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I want to see tighter and looser fitting jerseys, because not everyone wears the their jersey the same, see the difference between Dan Uggla and Jayson Werth. Also the option to unbutton your jersey, like Brian Wilson. This shouldn't be too hard to add, but then again, what do i know.

Also chains and necklaces, and balance bracelets would be awesome.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #464
Rookie

Gameplay:

-I think hard hit foul balls that just miss 1st base or 3rd base and carom off the wall are too common
-I've never ever had a bloop single.
-I think there are too many foul choppers just behind the plate
-How about we add foul tips into the game?
-I think the strike zones are a little off. When I perfectly dot the low outside corner with a curve it just looks far too low. YMMV are this one, because it may be my camera setting skewing my perception or there is too much break between the point a pitch reaches the plate and the point it reaches the catcher's mitt.
-Catcher's getting up to throw to second base is way too fast and seamless. I don't think the discrepancies in catcher defense ratings play well on the field
-On the topic of steals, I think tags are WAY too fast
-Improve the blocking mechanism. If my guy is stealing, the catcher shouldn't be able to glove a fastball in the dirt so damn smoothly as he gets up
-I don't like the look of a the baseball from the batter's view. The texture is kind of ugly and when it hits the dirt it looks lifeless.
-The swing animations and transition to baserunning is definitely smoother than in year's past. Still I think there should be more variety in swing animations and perhaps even special ones for players like MVP 2005. Please change the really ugly left handed swing where they immediately drop the bat and it falls completely straight.
-Most of my opposite field homeruns seem to be on inside pitches. It's unrealistic and consequently most oppo-shots are look ugly in the replays.
-There are way too many times my outfielder or the AI's fails to cut off a basehit and lose their balance as the ball rolls to the wall. This rarely ever happens in the MLB and I'm not sure if it is an issue with outfield depth or an over-abundance of linedrives.
-Not a big fan of the outfielder catch animation where they put both of their hands up just before the catch. It just doesn't look smooth.
-Also, the outfielders look like they're throwing shot-puts, which makes it look the ball is thrown way too fast. This can be more fluid (more arm extension?)
-Less OF frontflips on throws to the plate
-The animation when an outfielder cuts off the ball from the side is a bit clunky.
-Diving outfield catches should be a bit easier. Too often the glove overruns the ball
-I think the outfielder running animation is very stiff.
-The transition after catches near the wall can be smoother. My guy will sometimes jog and all of sudden they'll barrel into the wall as if the if it was a sprinting catch
-I understand it's hard to program a fan catching the ball, but we should tone down those huge bounces in the stands after a homerun to give an illusion of fan interaction.
-I don't like catcher popups. I feel they have less hang-time than average and a towards the end a catcher will stop and suddenly lunge
-A way to make baserunning ability more intuitive is to make sliding harder for some players. I think slides are too easy anyway. They're too ankle-breaking and trick the fielder too easily into whiffing the tag

That's just gameplay, folks!

Last edited by KGIY94; 08-12-2012 at 12:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »