Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Personally speaking I would like them to put something back in to the game they once had and then removed. I am referring to the "offline profile" where the game kept your personal stats wins/losses, batting avg., hits, doubles, triples, home runs, strikeouts etc... for games you played offline. The game actually had the ability to create multiple profiles so if you played with a friend on the same console each person could have their own stats that the game kept.

For a while the profile would only record your win or loss (and all the rest your stats) if you were playing a season (or franchise) against your friend where each of you controlled a particular team within the league & the particular game you played was for the team you controlled.

I would hope that if they brought back the profile feature for games played offline, they would fix this and as long as you were playing the game and loaded your offline profile, and then played as a human opponent to the other player's scheduled game (despite the fact that it was not the game that your controlled team in the season or franchise was on the schedule) that your stats from the game you played were still recorded to your profile.

Just one more point to add, if two players played an exhibition game, the profile did store both player's stats. The problem is, the game did this only in exhibition, I am asking this feature be included in season & franchise games as well.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 08-08-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #434
Rookie

Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

A game feature I have absolutely no idea why it has not been implemented in this game since it's inception. The ability to manually control your own baserunners lead. Meaning, if you take a lead off the base and the pitcher decides to throw over (a pickoff move) that the runner should be controlled by the person playing the game to decide to run back to the base not to get picked off.

Every year so far in the game, the baserunner on a pickoff throw automatically runs back to the base. I want (at least an option the game should offer) to control what my baserunner does under that situation. Whether to run my baserunner back to the bag, just stand where he is, or run to the next base. (the same way the game allows me to do this when I get a hit)

The idea is, let the game offer in the options menu the ability to remove the automatic response the cpu does for me & let me choose what I want to do instead with the baserunner on a pickoff.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #435
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
Voice Synthesis has evolved to a high standard over the last few years. It would be fantastic to be able to type a players name and hear it in the game.

This would be a back-up to the big name database offered.

scooter...BigKlu...
I was going to say the same thing. You beat me to the punch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #436
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
A choice to relocate a Franchise to their previous homes. Send the Dodgers back to Brooklyn, Have the announcers call them the Brooklyn Dodgers, Repeat with the following teams:

New York Giants
Kansas City Athletics / Philadelphia A's
Milwaukee Braves
St. Louis Browns
Washington Senators

scooted...BigKlu...
I wonder if MLB would give Sony the rights.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #437
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nez477

Gameplay

Improve Fielding

Men on 1st and 2nd, one out. Scorcher groundball sent to the 3Bman. He runs over to 3B puts his foot on the bag. Then stops. Winds up. Throws to 1B. Safe.

This happens way too often. Carry my momentum through the bag at 3B and throw on the run. This is how real defenders do it. I've seen this at 2B/SS too. Its like the CPU doesn't understand what we are trying to do.

Make the field "bigger"

I think the game field plays smaller than it should. Its quite hard for a guy from 2nd to score on most grounders to the outfield because it feels like the LFer/RFer are playing just yards away from the infielders. Not a huge deal, but something to look at.

Stamina

Some players rarely need rest. I don't like the fact that I have to bench Jimmy Rollins every 7th day. Its minor, but a fix in this case would be nice.
Great ideas. I second them.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #438
Rookie

Add more editing capabilites for the fielding glove such as gloves that contain multiple colors in the main glove area.

Also add the gold/yellow colored fielding glove. (the one you see in the cut scene in the dugout after a game) After all, it is a glove color used by real MLB players.

Also add an independent option for the color of the palm of the fieding glove. (currently the palm color is linked to the main glove color.)

Add the ability to change a player's glove color based on home or away games.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 08-08-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #439
Rookie

Add an option for different batting stances for switch hitters. (one for batting left handed & another for batting right handed)
Old 08-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #440
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauerMorneau09
Rehab assignments & trades for cash need to be in for Franchise.
Great ideas. I would also ask for the ability to trade 2 players for 1 player or 3 for 1 or 3 for 2. After all, this is done quite often in real life.

I would also ask this not to be limited to franchise play, but also as an option when playing a season as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »