Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #409
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I would love to be able to edit coaches, and hire/fire within the season. And have the coaching staffs availble to see/edit outside of franchise mode. Like part of the roster file.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I hope next year's game will have more freedom with its rosters now that there is no exclusive MLB contract with a rival developer, which I understand is why there is no MLB Today-like feature in The Show. But what I'm thinking of is a lot more interesting than just the ability to play today's matchup with correct rosters, something that takes a lot of painstaking preparation to do accurately in The Show 12.

Next year, if The Show is going to take a serious step forward, feature-wise, here is what I MOST want to see:

A Time Machine mode.

Something I think both players AND devs would love. Go back in time to pivotal moments in games throughout history. How about that marathon game last year between the Pirates and the Braves that ended with a heartbreakingly bad call at the plate? Who knows what that season could have been for the Pirates had they not completely collapsed in the games immediately after that moment? In MLB The Show 13, step into the time machine and replay that final at-bat of the game as either team and change the course of history. After a brief recap of the game/season so far to give it some context, either with video or (more intriguingly) in-game cutscenes which mimic what happened in real life, the player takes over from that critical point with the exact same roster, ballpark conditions, and gameplay situation as occured in real life.

Other possible "what could have been?" moments that could be included in this mode might be the Bartman ball incident, or the day the 1994 season ended for good (with the Mariners having to play every game on the road after the Kingdome started to crumble, and the Montreal Expos as close to a World Series as they would ever get). Obviously specific commentary, cutscenes and research would need to be done for a time machine mode, but I would pay for new DLC "episodes" a hundred times more quickly than for a historical stadium or Challenge of the Week.

Just the briefest look into the roster building section of this forum, where just hundreds of hours of free time is devoted to recreating rosters from particular time-periods and playing "What if?" should be enough to convince anyone how much demand there would be for this kind of feature in a baseball sim. If that's not the next step in sports simulation, I'm not sure what is.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #411
Banned

OVR: 0

Estimated stats, say you play a 28 game season...it would be nice if the game calculated estimated stats that would reflect a 162 game season. Of course the stats would also show up on the players card...it seems that scea is falling into all the other gamer companies issues with a lack of answers to allvthe bugs and game killing freezes people r having. Hopefully this will change...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #412
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Put the uniform creator from Diamond Dynasty in Franchise. I feel it would be cool if there was a swing customizer which allowed you to set the types of strides(ex. High, toe tap), stance position(ex. open), and swing type(ex. 2H). It would be also if there was a way to edit player tendencies and potentials. These including a preference of diving or sliding in outfield, what cpu players do 2-0(swing away or take). We should also have to ability to add statistics for players not in the game that we create along with editable service time. Another cool thing would be a schedule creator, which would allow us to make schedules of repeat years if we made classic teams. Rehab assignments & trades for cash need to be in for Franchise. Other little things include 26th man for a DH, Rain-outs & Rain Delays, contract buyouts, different glove webbings.

Last edited by MauerMorneau09; 08-11-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #413
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
An online roster and team editor would be clutch.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #414
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Uniform creator would be fantastic!

Like to add lifetime stats to each old-time created player.

On attributes please give us a choice to choose actual Batting Ave and HR's per season instead of the "0 to 99 sliders".

Also for the old time Rosters we create please give an option to choose 60, 61, 70 or 73 HR's as the season Home Run Record to beat.

scooter...BigKlu...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 08-06-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #415
Rookie

OVR: 5

more player sliders (contact vs rhp, that kind of stuff).

for example: strikeout likelyness, batting aggresiveness, fielding ability at all positions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #416
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Assuming Create a Franchise is off the table..

1.) Add a Plate Discipline slider (not vital, but would like the ratings to play more of a role in this at times)

2.) Fix the Interleague ticker issue (not game breaking, just bugs me)

3.) Fix decimal stats

Add those 3 and put it in a new package with updated rosters and I'll consider it the perfect baseball game. Add in create a franchise and it could be my favorite sports game ever.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »