Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #393
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

For the Braves, I'd like to see Milwaukee Braves throwbacks and the 1970s jerseys (I always associate those jerseys with Hank Aaron, so that'd be nice).

And I'd really LOVE to be able to relocate teams or create a new franchise, would really like to get North Carolina an MLB team on there.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #394
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1) Pitchers' 2nd and 4th pitches can be shown clearly. The colours are too similar. I can't differentiate on TV.

2) CPU batters' timing and contact are shown. They were shown in previous versions of the Show but not this one.

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #395
Rookie

OVR: 0

For a few years I stayed away from MLB The Show but after playing the 2K series for two years. I think MLB the Show provides a realistic experience in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #396
Banned

OVR: 0

Generated pitch counts would equal a purchase...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #397
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

So I'm watching the Red Sox/Twins game right now, and when the Sox shifted on Morneau, Middlebrooks was playing shallow left... I don't believe this is possible in the show since the "extreme right" position for 3B puts them at SS, so maybe custom shifts (outside of an actual game that can be saved) and hopefully a player tendency option next year? The Mariners employ a similar shift (Seager in shallow right, Ryan right behind second base, and Ackley normal).
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #398
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Some post-release Vita support would certainly be nice.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 3

Personally, much more depth would be nice. Sure, you can choose ads for the stadium, but it doesn't visually do anything. Add a hot tub on paper, but not visually. Field degradation looks fancy as a slide bar but, visually, means nothing. Make these things visible. Stop using the same "ad companies" that you've had for 4 years. How hard is it to invent new ones? It'd literally take an hour to throw in 20 more, especially because it is all text. Give greater control over team and stadium functions with a visible element. Move teams, divisionally and physically, if you want. Add a new team, start from scratch. Edit uniforms. have more awards, and, again, a visual element, other than text. Also, hair that isn't creepy (hello Joel Hanrahan).
Old 08-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #400
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

-Would like for it to be a tad easier when diving for a ball to be able to come up with it. Too often my infielder dives for a groundball and it goes under his armpit. Maybe it's just my slow reflexes though (it probably is)

-Would like to see a different atmosphere from the crowd in regards to game score and game importance. Would like for a crowd witnessing a 3-2 game or a playoff game to have a lot more excitement

-2K's announcing team

-Would like to start a season and plug in a roster without going thru the "spring training work around" to keep lineups intact

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »