Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #361
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Hit by pitch are far too low when compared to sim stats as well as MLB for both user and AI

Too easy to not walk anyone. Needs to be a balance to lose control more OUT of the zone and not always over the plate ala meatballs
- On Classic pitching you can get results like this with adjusted sliders.

Call up and send down of minor leaguers based on performance and not just for injuries (too long waiting for this one)

Impossible to field a bunt or weak hit and throw anywhere but 1B. Ridiculous. I should be able to make the occasional force play on the lead runner - don't disagree and a good point.

Foul ball fan interaction is terrible still, and even worse are the repetitive fans who wear the same thing and move at the exact same time

Commentary is only a notch ahead of Hawk Harelson who is basically a collection of pre-progammed phrases himself. I honestly think it's a computer doing his play by play. He terrible and should never be imitated

1B takes too long with pitcher to make routine outs on balls hit to 1B. This should be rare

Thrown out from RF? Never - don't throw it as it is a known bug on 12.

Players should round first more realistically - another good point I would like to see them run through first as well legging out singles. A detail that needs to be in the game.

How do we separate crafty base runners who take an extra base either during play or against a pitcher?

Pick off system is fubar. Way too difficult to take any sort of lead and also too many balls thrown into stands. Need more subtle throws, like in dirt but to 1B still etc - another decent point, it could use more tuning.

Coaching changes during season - yes would be cool

Mental lapses like missing a stop sign (rare)

Add in owners with personalities as well as team GMs. Owners may die, GMs get fired etc

Player suspensions - would be great.

International free agents

Rain delays, makeup games and doubleheaders - would be awesome.

Nagging injuries that reoccur, and an injury history/reputation - would be awesome.

Expansion mode with draft

Weekly lineups for quicker simming

More doubles hit up the lines

MUST incorporate guys with good eyes to get walked more. Maybe its tougher to paint the corners against these guys? Both AI and user...Soriano and Adam Dunn should not have same amount of walks if they were both on my team where I played each game. This is a big one!

Stadium builder for franchise mode and the AI should use it too

Team relocation (rare)

Retractable roofs that work

Too many triples because of stupid OF wall animations

Stadiums should not always look sold out. Lame - they don't. Go play at a last place Brewers stadium....empty seats everywhere. They do this pretty good already.

Starters more stamina, relievers less (recovery for MR is too quick too) - sliders are your friend.

Some guys should be able to play 162 games or close to it. (Durability needs adjusting on high end) - agree

Much much much better stat tracking is needed and for multiple seasons and should be readily available. See OOTP - agree

Exportable stats

A career converter for new versions for us who play each game

More player interactions about their happiness/status

Sent from my Android device

You made some great points, and some I just don't agree with and some are things that will be difficult to implement right away.

But the game plays great overall as most of us know. When we are talking about little things and not core gameplay you know you have an outstanding product.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #362
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
You made some great points, and some I just don't agree with and some are things that will be difficult to implement right away.

But the game plays great overall as most of us know.

When we are talking about little things and not core gameplay you know you have an outstanding product.

Exactly what I was thinking
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #363
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Man... so many of you complain way too much!! 1 thing that NEEDS in the game is what I said about service time in less than 162 game seasons.

Second that will probably never happen but would be so awesome is be able to start in the 70s and go through time to reach the present.

I wish I knew how OOTP can do it but no sports title can do this. Don't use real pictures, don't use real looks...just the names & appropriate stats. It would be awesome but I won't hold my breathe.

I'll be really happy if they fix my first one. This game is better than Madden or NBA 2K or Fifa or anything!!!
Paying $60 bucks for the product allows me to state my concerns, especially when the venue for such is provided. I don't see any of my points as complaining, but areas that I see that can be improved. Of course it is a fantastic game, but not lacking the need for improvement.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #364
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
Paying $60 bucks for the product allows me to state my concerns, especially when the venue for such is provided. I don't see any of my points as complaining, but areas that I see that can be improved. Of course it is a fantastic game, but not lacking the need for improvement.
I didn't mean you can't state things you'd like to see changed but when somebody comes up with a list of 20-30 things, they're just nit-picking which usually ends in a worse product (see every other sports title). Giving a couple things in which you REALLY want changed/added is very acceptable because we are paying for a service. A lot of these lists are overkill IMO though.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #365
MVP

OVR: 1

Better and more accurate player ratings, especially attributes, and that goes for pitchers as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #366
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd love to see SCEA give the player the ability to turn off ratings, letting us rely solely on stats and such. It's a long shot, but something that I'd love to see.

Also, I know its beating a dead horse, but as I play through my Franchise I can't help but wonder how much this game could use some kind of end of the week wrap up. The Show does a great job of making me feel connected with my franchise, but I often feel out of the loop when it comes to other teams.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #367
Banned

OVR: 1

1. Would love the sliding to stop at first base for pitchers as they magically glide to first base when you think the runner is going to be safe and they just teleport to get them out, also happens in outfield a lot when you think he will not reach ball and just glides and magically catches it.

2. The ability to better ram people at home. seems like a lot of the time i dont have great control.

3. A hall of fame and retired players page for RTTS and Franchise.

4. Edit player potentials.

5. Be able to move back and fourth the players batter stance. The ability of pitchers to dust players off and saying I am batting I could move guy back a little bit. or forward depending on the pitches.

6. ore variety in crowd.

7. A better Knuckleball.

8. More in game stuff like the wave from fans in crazy moments, maybe more mascot things that are specific to certain teams. and would be cool for more sound effects and little things like 7 inning stretch or boat races, or under the hat things in between innings.

9. MLB tonight would be very cool to have once a week for analysts, if not that then instead of the paper have an MLB.com site replica and have all news and different updates, maybe even a site that scouts players and just random tid bits. Eextreme Wrestling Revenge did a great job on gossip and crazy stuff like this during its career mode. IF not at least include paper news through playoffs.

10. Interviews with players in RTTS and franchise. I want things in there to make it feel more connected, players to have personalities, and chemistry ratings. MVP did this very well where managers would have to have meetings to make players happy or certain teams would just start losing, and this should lead to being able to fire a manager in middle season if he is not keeping team happy.

11. Locker room celebrations. World Series Celebration such as parade and champagne. Maybe even add the shaving cream pie and team mates wearing world series shirts for win.

12. Make the roofs work and if not in franchise be able to control weather in exibition

13. When focusing on key things add players. Madden in older games did this great by picking out on player for each game and talking about him, really adds to it.

thanks for reading
Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #368
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

The one thing I really want is for MOM to be an Exhibition mode again, not just a Franchise/Season mode. I will be a very happy man if that happens.
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »