Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #345
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Since I am more of a very casual gamer i really enjoy the MLB today feature in the 2k series. I would love to see that added with the living rosters feature. That's really all I play....

MLB Today like feature in MLB The Show is long over due!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #346
Rookie

Br_Mac16's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Just a few thing for me,
- As someone else has said, I would like to see a season around 50 games and not all piled in 2 months. Maybe take the regular schedule and keep the divisional series at 2 games while the other series are cut down to just 1 game. I think this would allow many more people to be able to play through an entire season.
- I know that it is a programming nightmare but it would be awesome if you could update rosters within seasons or franchise. Im ashamed to say how many times I've restarted seasons because of new and better rosters coming out.
Gameplay:
- I feel as though the ball bounces too high off of the grass. I understand the ball bouncing high on turf but I've seen balls that were ripped in the gap and hit 5 feet in front of the warning track and bounce over the fence. The ball does not lose speed but it doesn't bounce nearly as high in real life as it does in the game. This has cost me runs more often than not with a fast runner on first with 2 outs.
- I'm not sure if it's just an illusion but it looks like batted balls are moving so slow while using the broadcast camera.

Other than these things, the game is golden and I am seriously looking forward to what these guys come up with for next year.

Last edited by Br_Mac16; 07-19-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Iphone has a mind of its own sometimes
Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 1

-create team like the one in diamond dynasty for a franchise mode

-ability to import pictures for logos and wordmarks on the uniforms

-more variety and fun in road to show mode, hard to find incentive to keep going. Third year in AAA and it's dragging along.

-better crowd sounds, more variety.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #348
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Better pictures for players who don't have a real photo.

1. They all have the same facial expression, i.e they don't. Have a lot of them smile like a lot of players do, or have a few perform my personal favourite, the "Ramon Castro" pose.

2. Have the one photo of the player and stick to it, the picture shouldn't change because of the uniform I'm wearing. Have one photo in the home uni and be done with it.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #349
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I am hoping the minimum/maximum velocity for every pitch is increased, there are a handful of pitchers this year who throw curveballs in the low 60's, and there are some pitchers in the minors (that were in the futures game) whose running fastballs/2-seamers average 98+ MPH.

Personally I think the best option would be to allow us to set the velocity range ourselves and have it completely independent from the 0-99 ratings. That way, we can have Verlander sit around 94 MPH like he does this year, with the ability to have him still hit 100 MPH. So his range would be 92-100 with an average velocity of 94. Same thing would apply to Chad Billingsley's curveball, Wei-Yin Chen's curve, etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #350
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Seriously need to fix Service Time when playing a season of less than 162 games (we all don't do that and some of us like playing the offseason part).

It's really annoying when you're 3 or 4 seasons in playing a 29 game season and there are 4 years worth of rookies. It would be a simple fix in the formula. Currently the game thinks you're playing a 162 game season regardless.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #351
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Since I am more of a very casual gamer i really enjoy the MLB today feature in the 2k series. I would love to see that added with the living rosters feature. That's really all I play....
I agree this is a great feature and if MLB the show incorporated this it would seal this game into the most complete sports game.

Honestly MLB the show has done so much right that anything else is just extra fluff. This is just a great game.

I also would not mind the pitching and hitting mechanics from the 2k series.

The analog hitting is nice. Where pullng down and up is for power and by just pushing it up is for contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #352
Rookie

OVR: 5

for diamond dynasty,i have an idea to make it more fun and easier to earn money. kind of like trophies, make it so when you accomplish a major feat, you earn X amount of dollars. like "hit 3 homeruns with 1 player in the same game - $1,000,000." i think more thins like this a little additions to DD will make it a lot better

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »