Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #297
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Every time Kershaw and Verlander pitch, no mention that either one won a Cy Young last year, or that Verlander was AL MVP. There is no way to check and see if the game even knows the awards they won last year.
There is nothing wrong with this request, but this tells me that this game has done a wonderful job. When we start making request like this, and nothing in regards to gameplay.
Then the guys involved making this game should be very proud of themselves.

Dont get me wrong. There is always room to tweak things, but this is where this game is. Just some tweaking here and there. Just a great job in making this game.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #298
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
There is nothing wrong with this request, but this tells me that this game has done a wonderful job. When we start making request like this, and nothing in regards to gameplay.
Then the guys involved making this game should be very proud of themselves.

Dont get me wrong. There is always room to tweak things, but this is where this game is. Just some tweaking here and there. Just a great job in making this game.
Yes, I can agree pretty much with what you said. However, I don't consider not acknowledging what Kershaw and Verlander did last year a minor thing. The game talks about Kershaw as it does about Wandy Rodriguez, and those two are not in the same class. Game play is fine, just like you said, but there are moments that baffle me. I was the Phillies, Hamels, going against Kershaw. Juan Pierre comes up and I see the opposing manager motion for the outfielders to go back. I switch teams and check their OF defensive alignment. The OF was set deep for Juan Pierre! There was no one on base and like who plays Juan Pierre deep?!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #299
KTB
Rookie

OVR: 0

Walkup music needs to correspond to the video boards. Boards should be more animated like in real life showing player collage's and sync to the walk-up music. Each stadium needs its own announcer not the same one for each venue. Players in dugouts still not animated enough.. ie.. a homerun we should see more excitement from players. Umpires need to be different for each series. Every season it seems the game has these "happenings" that are so annoying. This year it's the hits back to the pitcher that bounce off his leg. It happens way too much. Last year I believe it was the check swings. enough of that already, let's get more realistic. What about bad calls at the plate.. we should have the option to argue the call with the manager. How about start "rivalries" with certain players who get beamed. It should be remembered the next time the teams meet. Home run music for each ballpark should be incorporated automatically. Every park has some theme music they use. If you are in a season with a team you should be able to download current rosters without runining yours.. ie I could not get Andy Pettitte on my team because I already started the season and if I downloaded a roster update it would override my current lineup as I create some players and put them on my team. So I had to take a creatable free agent and turn him into Andy and them offer him a contract.. We should be able to trade who we want to whatever team we want not just have control over our "season team" We should be able to make any trades like the Red Sox and Orioles if we wanted to make it as real as real life as possible. Instead I have to go and trade that player to my team and then trade him to the team he was actually traded to in real life. The roster updates do not work for me.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #300
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2

Nitpicking a little here but these three things annoy me as I run a 'chise with my Blue Jays:

1. Fix the temperatures at not just Rogers Centre, but all of the Northern U.S. parks as well. Very bad to see temps in the mid 50's in Toronto past mid May as the temperature hovers between 70-90 degrees from that point forward. Also with the cold temps it causes all players to wear sleeves which is unrealistic.

2. Have options for stadiums to be open or closed when starting up a game.

3. Fix the shade of blue on the Jays uni's. It is much to dark!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #301
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

More options for secondary positions...
Let me actually choose the individual positions they play... A guy like Trevor Plouffe plays everywhere except CF but I cant do that in the game...

(The closest I can get is his primary LF and secondary IF but hes a SS in my game, so that would leave him without any OF eligibility, if you know what Im saying...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #302
Banned

OVR: 4

All-Star rosters is horrible!!!!!!! Every year this function is broken. Let us the User pick the roster reserves and how about a 36 man roster like in real-life? HR Derby is the same concept as far as choosing who should compete, I just simulated it again in Franchise because I cant change the players. I like the voting but not having the option to pick the reserves is stupid!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #303
Rookie

sictransitchris's Arena

OVR: 0

My only wish is that they stop using player portraits and just use the character model's face like they do for created players. It's nitpicking but sometimes is spoils the immersion of Franchise/RTTS mode when you see all these guys from different teams on the defensive positioning cutscene. I understand they can't change player portraits to reflect in-game moves so why not just remove them entirely?

Honestly though, this is a great series.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #304
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sictransitchris
My only wish is that they stop using player portraits and just use the character model's face like they do for created players. It's nitpicking but sometimes is spoils the immersion of Franchise/RTTS mode when you see all these guys from different teams on the defensive positioning cutscene. I understand they can't change player portraits to reflect in-game moves so why not just remove them entirely?

Honestly though, this is a great series.
YES!!! I thought of that years ago with a past game, the picture of players with "FA" caps are ridiculous... Either cut the caps out of the pic or better yet, like you mentioned, go with the CAPs face

Last edited by TGov; 07-11-2012 at 02:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »