Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #273
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7Xraider
-create a stadium
-create an expansion franchise, where u build a stadium design unis etc and draft your team for offline play, this is different from diamond dynasty
-ability to relocate franchise and re design uniforms stadium (ties in with above)
yes, yes, and yes. even choosing from a few generic stadiums would be fine with me when creating a new team. properly drafting a new team would be amazing too.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Please make franchise more fun. It is the most barebones career mode I have played in any game dating back to 2004.

Make scouting more in depth than a couple of useless letters. Place more A's and B's in the draft so the best players in a non-OSFM draft aren't all in their mid-30s. Speed should not be improved but velocity should progress over the course of a prospect's career. 75% of newly drafted pitchers are soft-tossers.

Trade logic can be better. I shouldn't be able to trade a 25 year old reliever with D potential for Jurickson Profar. MVP Baseball 2004 had perfectly fine trade logic.

Free Agency is a very boring process. All you do is make an offer better than the others and sim with very little feedback. I understand you shouldn't be able to sign every free agent you want but it's a little unfair that the the guy will be most interested in your offer, you sim a day, and he chooses another team. NHL 2K8 set the bar for negotiations.

Morale should carry greater weight.

More statistics should be implemented and recorded.

I should be able to see box scores of playoff games.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #275
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

I skipped over a few pages, so sorry if I missed it.

In the actual gameplay, unless im completely missing something, there really needs to be a way to put your pinch hitter into the on deck circle, instead of always having the pitcher come to the plate to hit, then replace him.

It would add a little bit more commentary also, with the announcers talking about so and so on deck, what will the opposing manager do, etc.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #276
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

umm? keep doing what your doing! if you could get the mlb today like 2k has for match ups that would be sweet.maybe star spangled banner before game? on deck PH was mentioned. but to say what needs to be done to grab my interest?....This game is awesome as is for me! but add a few little more things only makes it better

Last edited by ghm125; 07-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of things have been mentioned but I believe the two things that should be addressed is franchise mode and the atmosphere of the games.

Franchise mode needs improved trade logic, free agent signings, and franchise goals and strategies (small market vs. big market, etc.).

I think crowd reaction is pretty poor and can sometimes take away from the big moments of the game. The crowd often has late reactions and often doesn't show enough enthusiasm over big moments. An improved crowd could make game winning hits, big late inning strikeouts, one run games etc. that much more rewarding.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #278
Rookie

OVR: 1

1) Change the colour of either the #2 or #4 pitch. Can't see on TV.

2) Show the Timing and Contact of CPU's batters

thanks.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 0
Make the minor league and major league spring training parks to be more like the actual parks. ie Coca Cola park for the Iron Pigs
Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #280
Rookie

OVR: 2

Online- Improve the lag, it is impossible to get more than 2 runs a game because of all the lag between when the pitch is thrown/when it reaches the batter.

Commentary- Change the commentators, they are as dull and boring as vin scully, get the 2k commentators, they are brilliant. Make it so it actually feels like a broadcast and theres never any silence, make it so theres actually conversations between them and that they talk in detail about the hitter and the pitcher. The only good thing about 2K is its commentary, and that is the show's biggest weakness.

RTTS- Something that can turn off trades, and stop the rule that you get benched for stealing a base, last time I looked josh hamilton doesnt get benched for stealing.

Updates- when the game adds new players, upload their picture as well, and make their faces a lot better also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »