Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
madden has got plenty of 9 from OS and was no where near a 9 and nowhere near what 2k12 8.5 offers. JUST SAYING
In OS's defense I will say the Madden 11 review was a complete joke and abomination. Think it precipitated the ratings scale change. And the review scores aren't cumulative, so we can't expect review scores to only go higher than the year previous.

But if the new ratings system implies there isn't that much difference between games like Madden 12 and NBA2K12 then seems like the new system is really no better. I'm willing to bet if I look at the Madden review there's positives about the new cameras and intros, things like that. Where 2K12 has new cameras, multiple dynamic intros, outside stadium shots, players interacting with the crowd, etc. etc. etc. Don't think the new ratings system is saying much.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 2
the online sucks...I tired three times to connect with a buddy in a basic online vs. match and we couldn't connect. I have no idea how a company could release a game with this option completely "busted"...maybe they're getting a case of the "Maddens" and getting lazy because there is no real competition? What ever it is they need to figure it out fast. But I will say other than the online stuff the game is great.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #67
Rookie

Totally agree with you spank.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #68
Rookie

Truth be told mister. I bet you 2k did everything they did possible to get ready for 2k12 online, probably bought new servers updated the net code but it's mean nothing until October 4th when customers get and load up on the servers.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
In OS's defense I will say the Madden 11 review was a complete joke and abomination. Think it precipitated the ratings scale change. And the review scores aren't cumulative, so we can't expect review scores to only go higher than the year previous.

But if the new ratings system implies there isn't that much difference between games like Madden 12 and NBA2K12 then seems like the new system is really no better. I'm willing to bet if I look at the Madden review there's positives about the new cameras and intros, things like that. Where 2K12 has new cameras, multiple dynamic intros, outside stadium shots, players interacting with the crowd, etc. etc. etc. Don't think the new ratings system is saying much.
Ya, thats kind of what I mentioned too. You look at what other sports games have offered, and I'm not sure the scores line up. 2K12 offers a ton of features that almost seam overlooked. Just putting a feature on a box, doesnt make it a quality game. My player is the equal to Madden's superstar, and while both could be considered weak, there is still only a 1 point difference. And Maddens online is a joke too IMO(features dont matter if there is so much cheese during gameplay). I'm just trying to be real here. Readers count on accurate scores. Many wont rent a game first.

I almost wonder if OS shouldn't start letting 3 different writers write a review. Maybe it would give more accurate results since some may favor a sport over another,etc..
Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 7
I'm offended that this game got anything below a 9.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #71
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
And people complaining about the score? I'm just glad this site doesn't hand out 9s and 10s like candy.
Same here but in the end it 's just another score form an online gaming site.
I love OS and is my second "home", but in the end the reviews here are nothing more than another persons opinion.
Play the game...like it or don't. Simple as that. Someone elses opinion is a good read but nothing I personally get in a mood about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #72
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
I retired from playing online sports games a long time ago. How good or bad online play is in no way factors into my decision to buy a game. EA can have online. I'll take 2Ks gameplay, presentation, and superior features any day. This game deserves at least a 9 even if online isn't the bees knees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »