Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
I stopped after you said Online Association was decent. It is the worst mode in anything I have ever experienced in an online game.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #34
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FGOmik
Someone made a similar comment on my review of the game and I just don't get it--especially coming from a sports gamer.

Online is a massive part of what gives a sports game its longevity. Even in the best sports games, you can only play the CPU for so long before it becomes completely rote. There is no substitute for human competition.

Further, whether the score would be different if there were no online at all is irrelevant. It IS there and so it needs to be put through its paces and evaluated. And so far, it is dire, at best.
If a AAA title today is released with no online mode, it's top is probably AT BEST an 8.0 and that's if everything else is perfect within the game. So again, just someone trying to twist words and find meaning where there is none. Online is 10-20% of a sports game, depending on the game and all the other intangibles. So that is definitely something that is taken into account. We dock the more minor games all the time not having good online modes (or any at all).
Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

sports game survive pretty well without online and now people just act boogie now that online came. people don't gave game nights no more, people don't invite friends over no more. its sad really

online play is so dysfunctional and lack of stability. not everybody have great connection but everybody expects a great connection everytime you hit quick game. people are so blind and naive to what it takes to make a game playable online.

I haven't played a sports game yet that has a great online yet. I played some that durable with a few adjustment to lag but never a game that feels like I'm playing offline which should be what online play is striving for. only 2k get a review hit because of online when all sports game online should take a hit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
To each his own, reviews are worthless play the games for yourselves. How can I game be the best virtual b-ball game ever but get lower scores than games that were not as good. Does not make sense. That is like giving Jordan the best ever, a lower overall score than D-Wade. It just does not make sense. If it's the best true reviews should reflect it being the best. At the end of the day, I think people cry too much about online. Online is not true to sim on any level, so it is not essential to me.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
7 is the top score I would give this game. The online has been broken since the beginning of this generation. That is inexcusable. Add to that the buggy My Player, and you should get no more than a 7 for not fixing those issues after YEARS of repeated neglect towards those issues. I am sure the single player looks and plays like a dream, but I just can't excuse the net code any longer.

You are not getting my $60 this year 2K.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #38
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
To each his own, reviews are worthless play the games for yourselves. How can I game be the best virtual b-ball game ever but get lower scores than games that were not as good. Does not make sense. That is like giving Jordan the best ever, a lower overall score than D-Wade. It just does not make sense. If it's the best true reviews should reflect it being the best. At the end of the day, I think people cry too much about online. Online is not true to sim on any level, so it is not essential to me.
Of coarse it's the best one ever when it doesn't have competition and improving on last years game play. Just like each Madden release will be the best football game ever. The game is good but doesn't deserve a high score since it has so many problems.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #39
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Maybe on your old archaic college paper grading scale

(Insert plug to actually read the scoring rubric to see how we actually score games with a full 10 point scale here)
LOL I have to see how the new scoring system is done. THX
Old 10-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

Apollo don't even try and put 2k into madden problem. they gameplay has the same for years. 2k uses the same engine but 2k12 plays nothing like 2k11. animations are better, a.I. is far superior.out the box and presentation is godly IMO. and this is without elite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »