Home

NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yeah, the ratings are bogus. Gamespot and IGN have theres more correct this time. Madden has not made a football game that comes close to NBA 2K11 or 12 on these new gen consoles but OS would have someone just blindly clicking through ratings to think so. I just feel like the new system should have compensated for past grades. No way any Madden on this new gen is even close to NBA 2K12. I think OS is just crying out to 2K to fix online and as we all know they could keep those tears.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #58
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
Yeah, the ratings are bogus. Gamespot and IGN have theres more correct this time. Madden has not made a football game that comes close to NBA 2K11 or 12 on these new gen consoles but OS would have someone just blindly clicking through ratings to think so. I just feel like the new system should have compensated for past grades. No way any Madden on this new gen is even close to NBA 2K12. I think OS is just crying out to 2K to fix online and as we all know they could keep those tears.
lol those guys at IGN and even gamespot didn't even Play the game for more then 2 games. They didn't point out any flaw but weird faces. There's a reason why ppl hold up on purchasing until OS does a review. These ppl watch sports.

Last edited by apollooff320; 10-10-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Review (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I don't know OS. If NBA 2k12 isn't a classic(therefore a 9+ based on the above), then I haven't seen a classic sports game before. If 2k12 was the last 2k nba game, it would be the NFL 2k5 of basketball for years to come. I also think there is a bigger gap then 1 point from Madden and 2k12 on 1-10 scale.

Regardless, 2k12 is a amazing game. Like you said, THE BEST NBA GAME OF ALL TIME! I think the game offeres so much for $60, I could care less if my player and online isn't perfect. Honestly, I haven't even seen a single sports game that I think is great online. Anyway, I think I'm more suprised it's only 1 point above Madden in your view, then I am it's a 8.5,lol. Just hoping one day these reviews line up at the end of the year. Just my opinion. Thanks for all you guys do, I appreciate it! Sorry to sound negative about the review score.
My sentiments exactly. I think this title easily would stand for years to come on it's own - that's also the case with 2K11. That really can't be said for most sports titles on a yearly release schedule. Don't want to bring Madden into it but it does imply there isn't that much difference - as a developer taking the kitchen sink approach versus where lesser games are, that's ridiculous. What's the incentive for going the extra mile if it doesn't garner extra considerations? What's the incentive for doing all the work programming "the little things" into a game when means next to nothing next to games that don't have that same level of effort/execution? Either way, I almost want them to take it easy next year - it's time to establish a more realistic expectations level. They probably won't though

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

i decide to look at the review for 2k11 and you should to

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/563/nba-2k11-review/

look how much details they described what 2k11 offers and even had a section describing online and stated online was lackluster but then u look at 2k12 and its not nearly as detailed like its a letdown but it the best nba game of all time
Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #61
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
I am encouraged by this review, but I'll add that the initial, inevitable my player bugs and online terribadness are the two exact reasons I am waiting for a price drop to purchase this game.

Unfortunately, it looks like my reasoning was justified.

And people complaining about the score? I'm just glad this site doesn't hand out 9s and 10s like candy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
I am encouraged by this review, but I'll add that the initial, inevitable my player bugs and online terribadness are the two exact reasons I am waiting for a price drop to purchase this game.

Unfortunately, it looks like my reasoning was justified.

And people complaining about the score? I'm just glad this site doesn't hand out 9s and 10s like candy.
madden has got plenty of 9 from OS and was no where near a 9 and nowhere near what 2k12 8.5 offers. JUST SAYING
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 14
Doesn't make any sense to me "THE BEST NBA GAME OF ALL TIME!" But scores lower than NBA2k11 or GULP...sorry for bringing it up , Madden11 a 9 (wow, that still is a head-scratcher).
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
IGN has never given Madden of these new gen consoles anything higher than 8.9 but they gave 2K11 and 12 9.5 which is a better rep of a true review than giving 2k12 a 8.5 and having any Madden of this gen higher, bottomline. Bottomline is there is not a Madden of this gen that is better than NBA 2K11 or 12 and it is not even close. The fact that Madden's gameplay is so not representative of sim football has always been worth more than a 1 full point deduction. You take 1.5 points away for online, my player, and no offline association upgrades, but just 1 point for Madden not having realistic gameplay that comes close to matching what you see on Sunday's but people run around here talking about SimCity and Sim basketball. Sorry, but rating is bogus and not representative of what the OS community was suppose to be. I came here because I thought Gamespot and IGN were covering too many games and just handing out ratings, but I must admit this rating has shown me that I should not have been so quick to judge IGN. They have it right, no Madden on this gen consoles is better than NBA 2K11 or 12 bottomline. OS is cool though, I just learned my lesson that people around here throw around words like Sim. You are not Sim if you rate any Madden ahead of 2K11 or 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »