Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #369
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be any way to turn off the CPU pitch cursor in Challenge mode of Bobblehead Battle, which is the main mode of the game (you go through all 30 MLB teams, 1 at a time ala NBA JAM).

The "controller setup" option that usually works in Exhibition mode is grayed out in Challenge mode.

I'm guessing Challenge mode limits you to default settings? Bummer, because so far, it's way too easy to beat down the CPU. I just won 26 - 0, for example.

Maybe it will get tougher as I face the better teams. You start against the lowest-rated team in the game (Pirates) and go through the ranks from the bad teams up to the highest-rated teams.

The gameplay itself is pretty fun, but the difficulty is just way too easy, and there doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the sliders for Challenge mode.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #370
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't appear to be any way to turn off the CPU pitch cursor in Challenge mode of Bobblehead Battle, which is the main mode of the game (you go through all 30 MLB teams, 1 at a time ala NBA JAM).

The "controller setup" option that usually works in Exhibition mode is grayed out in Challenge mode.

I'm guessing Challenge mode limits you to default settings? Bummer, because so far, it's way too easy to beat down the CPU. I just won 26 - 0, for example.

Maybe it will get tougher as I face the better teams. You start against the lowest-rated team in the game (Pirates) and go through the ranks from the bad teams up to the highest-rated teams.

The gameplay itself is pretty fun, but the difficulty is just way too easy, and there doesn't appear to be any way to tweak the sliders for Challenge mode.
How is the player editor feature looking?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #371
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
How is the player editor feature looking?
It's the same thing as My Bobble pretty much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #372
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

So by downloading the Bobblehead Battle you get the Player Editor for Bobblehead Pros as well.

I think I'm not gonna even play Battle. I'm just gonna play Bobblehead Pros with the updated rosters and player editor.

The crap they put in Battle isn't worth a whole game. Why did they change the gameplay to hitting targets, etc?

I would've been fine with a roster update and player editor. But nope, they have to change it to hitting targets. WTF?

Why couldn't they have just made Power Pros 11?

Last edited by philliesfan136; 09-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #373
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
It's the same thing as My Bobble pretty much.
Ok, cool.

So you can go into custom team or arrange mode or whatever, then just edit names and everything on existing teams you copied over?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #374
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Ok, cool.

So you can go into custom team or arrange mode or whatever, then just edit names and everything on existing teams you copied over?
It's the same thing as MLB Power Pros if you've played that.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #375
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
It's the same thing as MLB Power Pros if you've played that.
Ok, cool. Ya, that's all I wanted.

Not sure what Konami's strategy was by piece mealing this game in parts. Doesn't make sense. If anything it turned people away from the game.

Sure wish we could have had Power Pros 11 like you said, but you know what, I'll take what we can get. At least we have something resembling the updated rosters. I don't have a ps2 anymore, or the Wii, had them, and played the old PP's... but this is the only chance to play the series for right now for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #376
Rookie

OVR: 2

I downloaded the roster update and it is a great addition. Making me in no rush to get Battle especially for 800. At 400 it would seem more reasonable. I bought Home Run Derby All Star add on to support to the game but now I wish I held out and just got Battle.

I haven't tested it out yet fully yet but it seems after the update those are now the default rosters so you can't add players to teams that were in the game before the update and were removed unless you delete the roster update file.

But I did notice after I downloaded the update my custom teams had all the default players. Hopefully this works in reverse where after you delete the update you still have players you added from the update. Making it easier next year to just delete and re download the rosters if players sign to other teams or come back from injury. If any of that made sense lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »