Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #377
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Unless you really want the roster editor super bad, I wouldn't get Bobblehead Battle at 800 points. It's more of a 400 point game IMO. Fun diversion, but not worth $10. It seems like a minigame that was left out of the real game for some reason.

Bobblehead Stars is a better value at 400 points, since you get the My Bobble mode, All Star teams, and Homerun Derby.

Bobblehead Battle is fun, but there's no longevity to the game because Challenge mode is so easy, and you can't adjust the difficulty in it. You'll get the most fun out of it as a head-to-head multiplayer game.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-28-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #378
Hall Of Fame

Looking at the Japanese PS3 version of this game, Bobblehead Battle seems to be a stock feature:

It's in the shot where the guy swings the big yellow glowing bat.

Basically, Konami took apart all the modes in the Japanese version and piecemealed us a couple modes at a time for the American XBLA release.

I don't recognize this mode from the JAP PS3 screenshots:

Anyone know what mode that might be from?

Last edited by jyoung; 09-28-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #379
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings of queens
I downloaded the roster update and it is a great addition. Making me in no rush to get Battle especially for 800. At 400 it would seem more reasonable. I bought Home Run Derby All Star add on to support to the game but now I wish I held out and just got Battle.

I haven't tested it out yet fully yet but it seems after the update those are now the default rosters so you can't add players to teams that were in the game before the update and were removed unless you delete the roster update file.

But I did notice after I downloaded the update my custom teams had all the default players. Hopefully this works in reverse where after you delete the update you still have players you added from the update. Making it easier next year to just delete and re download the rosters if players sign to other teams or come back from injury. If any of that made sense lol.
I had arrange teams with the original rosters, so this shouldn't be a problem for me.

What I'm gonna do with my custom/arrange teams is add on the players they added in the new update to my old roster and manually edit the rosters and players, instead of just using the full updated roster because they took some guys out.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 09-28-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #380
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Unless you really want the roster editor super bad, I wouldn't get Bobblehead Battle at 800 points. It's more of a 400 point game IMO. Fun diversion, but not worth $10. It seems like a minigame that was left out of the real game for some reason.

Bobblehead Stars is a better value at 400 points, since you get the My Bobble mode, All Star teams, and Homerun Derby.

Bobblehead Battle is fun, but there's no longevity to the game because Challenge mode is so easy, and you can't adjust the difficulty in it. You'll get the most fun out of it as a head-to-head multiplayer game.
It's too bad I bought the pack before learning what was inside.

As much as I've been saying they should've just made MLBPP11, I guess I'll just try and make the most of MLB Bobblehead Stars + updated rosters.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #381
Hall Of Fame

Looks like Bobblehead Battle is the final DLC piece we're getting on XBLA:

http://www.konami.com/games/mlbbobbleheadbattle

Quote:
1 of 3 Games - Bobblehead Battle is the 2nd of 3 MLB downloadable games made available between opening day and the All Star game! Release 1 (PROS) will feature a full bobblehead themed baseball game while Release 3 will feature the all-star game format.
The "3rd" game not mentioned there is the DLC Bobblehead Stars, which was already released on All Star weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #382
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I downloaded the roster update after work. I don't see the point it spending more money modes I won't use. I wish they had just released this all at once for $15.

Either way the roster update was a nice surprise.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #383
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I downloaded the roster update after work. I don't see the point of getting the DLC pack, spending more money on modes I won't use. I wish they had just released this all at once for $15.

Either way the roster update was a nice surprise.
I'm glad they got the roster update in there too.

I don't understand why they didn't just make a whole game for $15 like you said. And even if they split it up, they could have just made Battle an extra thing to add to the Stars pack for like 400 MP, not a full game for 800 MP.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #384
Hall Of Fame

Well, the full Japanese game retails for 3,980 yen, which is $52 U.S.

So $25 for the entire U.S. XBLA version isn't too bad.

It's just lame that you have to launch a separate game to get into Bobblehead Battle. I wish it just added the game onto Bobblehead Pros so you didn't have to switch games just to play a different mode. Especially since the load times are kind of bad in both Bobblehead games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »