Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #97
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Has it been 100% confirmed that this demo is a pre-E3 build?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #98
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Has it been 100% confirmed that this demo is a pre-E3 build?
I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but there is evidence to suggest that it is an older build. Some of the recent Koach K videos (if you can stomach all of the shaking ) show the game with more stability and what looks like a closer default camera.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #99
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Dude, arcadey is arcadey, even if someone's opinion says it's not. Sure somethings are subjective, but there are lines where the subjectivity becomes more objectivity.
Buck, you've been fussin' since the demo dropped. What's the crux of your issue with the game?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #100
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Dude, arcadey is arcadey, even if someone's opinion says it's not. Sure somethings are subjective, but there are lines where the subjectivity becomes more objectivity.
First of all, BK is right, it's just opinions on the net. So, now we are down to my opinion is wrong and everyone else who says it's arcadey is right? It's a two way street. My opinion shouldn't be undervalued vs the round table writers and their opinion shouldn't be under valued vs my opinion. If someone starts telling me I should open up the window and go play football or turn on the TV, I'll put them on ignore. So, I ask again, why is your opinion of arcadey more valued than mine that says it's not? I just don't get that mentality. Is it really a matter of who is right vs who is wrong? There is just as many people who are loving the demo(if not more) vs people that say the game is arcadey. Does that mean the people who are enjoying the demo are wrong in what they are enjoying?

Plus, like I said, opinions goes both ways and should be treated as such. As soon as someone says something bad about the game, look out, because here are people waiting in the wings to pounce on people who have different opinions than that poster.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 7

After playing the demo for Madden 12, it's a mixed bag for me. The game is beautiful and the presentation is top-notch. I did turn the game down to slow and got a better game. I'm still disappointed about the DBs and LBs having "psychic" powers and not being able to force a few tight passes. How should I go about fixing this without cheating? Turn up the QB Accuracy, WR Catching sliders? Turn down DB sliders? Haven't bought this game since '06, so bare with me.

Franchise Mode is what determine whether I buy this game or not. However, like all sports games, you can't buy them on Day 1. There's always something wrong and something that needs a patch. I don't even understand why folks get angry and upset at demos/pre-release. Honestly, I wait until the patches come out and read impressions, then buy it used for $35 or less. Some people should try this method.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Buck, you've been fussin' since the demo dropped. What's the crux of your issue with the game?
It's the same problem I have struggling with Madden every year, except for the years I skipped. On Next Gen (this gen), I've messed with a friends 11 (so far skipped console, but that will change this year).

I want to see a realistic number of plays, both offensive and defensive, providing realistic stats, both totals and per play/attempt.

Playing the demo, I'm seeing the same things I've seen with every Madden I've looked at (which isn't surprising to me), that coming up with realistic stats may still be a struggle.

In the Demo impressions thread, there were many others praising the demo while giving their 5 min qtr stats of 6 ints and 5 fumbles plus Grant with 10+ yards a carry, etc. Sure you may get some total stats in those 5 min qtrs that resemble what a real NFL game might get, but the yards per are then so far off.

I'm not saying this is the worst Madden on Next Gen (what is now this Gen), cause I think in some areas it's actually exceeding (in franchise mode) what was even on the PC. So, it potentially (and I expect it will be) the best Madden so far on this current Gen.

I just have a major beef with trying to get a realistic game (stats wise) with almost any Madden. Guys at Football-Freaks jumped through major hoops trying to accomplish this after hacking the DB access and encryption (those guys were GODS) and still struggled with it, but the Next Gen (this Gen) Maddens seem even more arcadey.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #103
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
I want to see a realistic number of plays, both offensive and defensive, providing realistic stats, both totals and per play/attempt.
I guess my question would be is why do you find this so difficult to achieve? For most, it's as simple as running a few games, adjusting the quarter length and accelerated clock options until you get to roughly 120 plays or so. It's not that hard Buck.

The demo is just that. I can't speak for anyone else. But for myself, I'm not even keeping up with stats. I'm taking risks that I wouldn't do in a game I cared about. I'm going deep. I'm going for it on 4th down. I'm doing everything I can to get a feel for the game in a relatively short period. I imagine others are doing the same.

When I get the retail, I imagine that I'll again be getting realistic stats with about 13-15 mins and 15 secs left on the play clock via the accelerated clock. It's not that hard.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I guess my question would be is why do you find this so difficult to achieve? For most, it's as simple as running a few games, adjusting the quarter length and accelerated clock options until you get to roughly 120 plays or so. It's not that hard Buck.
It's not getting the 120-130 plays, it's getting realistic stats with that number of plays that I and football-freaks have struggled with. And on the console, I don't have football-freaks to help me out.

Quote:
The demo is just that. I can't speak for anyone else. But for myself, I'm not even keeping up with stats. I'm taking risks that I wouldn't do in a game I cared about. I'm going deep. I'm going for it on 4th down. I'm doing everything I can to get a feel for the game in a relatively short period. I imagine others are doing the same.
Without realistic stats, why have a franchise? Maybe somebody will have settings that represent an NFL game. It's just, historically, I haven't had this happen.

Quote:
When I get the retail, I imagine that I'll again be getting realistic stats with about 13-15 mins and 15 secs left on the play clock via the accelerated clock. It's not that hard.
I don't know how you're doing it. Many of us have struggled with it. Are you getting the 120-130 plays a game? Getting the normal amount of total yards? running yards? passing yards? sacks (for each position)? fumbles? ints? QB comp %? yards/att yards/comp? yards/rush? tackles (for each position)? etc? etc? etc? I've had to sacrifice QB completion % to get a more accurate total passing yards in the game, which also gives a normal yards/att but yards/completion is very skewed. You leave QB % up where it should be and passing yards are outrageous.

You really get good stats out of Madden? Many of us really struggle with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »