Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #81

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

I guess the previous warning wasn't understood.

This has nothing to do with any other game. This is about Madden, it is not a comparison thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #82
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I guess the previous warning wasn't understood.

This has nothing to do with any other game. This is about Madden, it is not a comparison thread.
My bad dude. Wont happen again.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 25
You'd think these guys would bother to go explore the settings. If they did, they could've easily noticed that you could turn down the game speed.

Yes, the game felt slower last year, because the default game speed was SLOW! Guess what it is in the demo? NORMAL. You'd know this if you would've bothered to do the due diligence and look at the menus/settings. It's like complaining that a YouTube video's default setting isn't clear enough at 360p without even checking to see if you can change it to HD.

You's also think these guys would pay attention to info posted on their own site. Most of us already knew this was a pre-E3 build, as it was stated that the demo was submitted in May and had to get cleared or whatever.

You CAN spotlight receivers. The problem is the fact that the QB snaps the ball immediately, which gives you no time to do so sometimes.

From what I've heard, mostly everything like the QBs taking off WAY too fast will be fixed.

But you guys dropped the ball on this impression.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #84
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
You'd think these guys would bother to go explore the settings. If they did, they could've easily noticed that you could turn down the game speed.

Yes, the game felt slower last year, because the default game speed was SLOW! Guess what it is in the demo? NORMAL. You'd know this if you would've bothered to do the due diligence and look at the menus/settings. It's like complaining that a YouTube video's default setting isn't clear enough at 360p without even checking to see if you can change it to HD.

You's also think these guys would pay attention to info posted on their own site. Most of us already knew this was a pre-E3 build, as it was stated that the demo was submitted in May and had to get cleared or whatever.

You CAN spotlight receivers. The problem is the fact that the QB snaps the ball immediately, which gives you no time to do so sometimes.

From what I've heard, mostly everything like the QBs taking off WAY too fast will be fixed.

But you guys dropped the ball on this impression.
I have no problem spotlighting receivers. Usually I will go look at the DPP of the Bears and see who is doing good and I will spotlight them.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 16
Got a link to where you heard the QB quicksnap would be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #86
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
You must not have played the demo enough, so ill gone and post this lil replay vid of whats been happening to me and its very frustrating to see this happen alot.

Also why is it everytime in every madden that as soon as I hit the button for my intended WR, the AI (all 11 of them) have this spidey sense and know who, where and when the ball is being thrown? I never get that element of surprise or the defender actually being unaware of the play thats going on up until this demo when I AM PLAYING DEFENSE?

But here is the SUPER DB clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-69B_qFyy_8
How is this Super DB??? He gets beat off the line, gathers himself and trails the WR, and the QB places a ball in the worst spot possible to let the DB that is trailing the WR to pick the ball off. He even turns his head to look at the QB!!! If this ball was placed correctly it is a completion...

Dont get me wrong there are definitely psychic db's sometimes but this is definitely NOT a example of Super DB's. People are a little quick on the trigger these days to say things are wrong in the game.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #87
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I think it's funny that 68% of people voted on the poll that the demo was either good or great, and yet almost all of the comments I've read about it from others give off the smell of average at best and mostly bad.
Though I voted average in the poll, I have to say that the Madden 12 demo is the probably the best Madden demo I've tried in a few years. However, that does not mean that I think it's a good game nor that I will buy it. Madden is, and have been for years, too arcade for my taste.

I don't care for authentic camera angles, entrances, coin tosses etc., when you don't have authentic gameplay.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #88
MVP

OVR: 19
ill still pick up MAdden even if its average, just to get my football game fix. Hopefully Ill be able to get a few seasons in, unlike last years version.
and who ever said 2k5 is trash, really?.......might be getting dated but definetly not trash.

on another nore, itt's really hard to determine if EA is really putting in the required effort to make a compelling, immerssive football game. Graphics and souped up intros only go so far. What about commentary and all the other little stuff.

There seems to be a disconnect between the way the game's Ai logic is coded and the improved graphics.
Its like EA gives us one or the other yera after year.
one yera its about the graphics look good but the gameplay sucks, or iyts they made one or two improvements in gameplay, but the graphices will be from the previous years version,
Im starting to suspect thats how they budget their projects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »