Home

Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

Contentious, heated, excitable. Whatever buzzword I use, it probably can't properly sum up the way things get around here once the Madden demo hits each year. It truly is exciting and terrifying all at once. The staff has been playing the demo like all you folks out there, and they have a wide range of views on the game.

So read on to find out what some of our writers think about the Madden 12 demo at this point.

Read More - Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

I think those that stated this game just doesnt feel like football were right on the money. It feels arcade. It feels like Madden, not NFL football. I also can't help but think I will also play a football title from the past another year, like the one staff member wrote. When does that exclusive end again?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
2k5 needs to die. There was a reason it was 20 dollars. I would rather play Tecmo Super Bowl than that trash.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Staff Roundtable: Madden NFL 12 Demo Impressions

You can spotlight receivers in Madden, and you have been able to for years. You just have to hold RT instead of LT.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Madden needs a new engine.

I came away totally unimpressed with the demo. It just felt off. I went into instant replay after a few plays and saw janky animations, "cheat" animations (like a ball's flight defying gravity to zig to a player's arms), clipping, and a ball's spiral actually stop and rotate the complete opposite direction.

Meh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11
I absolutely love the new collision system. That's one aspect that just feels realistic and stands out as an amazing improvement from last year. Presentation is improved, graphics, etc, (but those aspects are pretty much expected at this point).

My main gripe is along the lines of what Jayson and Steve mentioned. The Psychic Cornerbacks are simply ruining the fun of "threading the needle" on higher difficulties and as Jayson said "player warping make it feel like the CPU is at tims cheating you on defense instead of legitimately outsmarting you with superior tactics or skills"

***I am shocked because the WR/CB interactions have been broken every year this generation.***

*Go ahead and try to fit the ball in those tight spots and the Corner will be facing in the complete opposite direction (running full speed), and still change direction in a split second to make the interception.

Fix those problems mentioned above, bring back the importance of controlling ball placement/ trajectory, and implement real-time physics (as the NHL series was able to accomplish) and I will be content with Madden football.

Does anyone out there agree?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14
I think the best piece of news is what Christian was talking about - that the E3 build (hopefully a later one, not earlier) played better than the demo does. If so, while the demo might not be the best, I'd rather have a great final product with a ho-hum demo...Again, still some optimism for the game
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who saw the flaws in the demo. I really hope the final version is leaps and bounds better with whatever tweaks are made. I still have to wait for patch one and the list of what it fixes befor I can make a purchase decision. One thing I saw no one mention was DPP. Is it me or is it that 5 min qrts with acc clock don't allow this feature to be showcased or is it simply absent.

For instance knox was stated to drop open passes and he was actually my main target because hester seemed to draw dbl coverage on most pass plays. Grant was said to fight for extra yardage and should cover the ball more if he fumbled but after making him cough it up his running style didn't change.

One area I felt was a glaring issue was the repetitve and cloned animations. I juked 3 defenders coming at me and 2 did the same slip animation at the EXACT SAME TIME. Again I truely hope the most obvious "issues" are ironed out.

Good read.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »