Home

MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

This is a discussion on MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #297
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XBLA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
I think the graphical style prevents this game from ever becoming a major financial success.

People these days are just too "hard" to play a game with cartoon graphics.

Now if they just took the awesome gameplay engine and used a different graphical approach, I think it would sell a lot.
I disagree, look at OOTP, hardly any graphics and still holds its own.

No idea what 2K's plan is. They had something going with PowerPros, but ditched it (here in the US). Plus they made it only avialable to ps 2 / ps3 backward compatables, and Wii. When you go that route, we can almost guess what the result is going to be.

However, people who bought the product liked it, but your really aren;t getting your game out there if you are limiting yourself to two consoles, one of which is old, the other isn't made to play a realistic baseball gameplay wise on as far as the controls.

What happaned to the Bigs 3? Is there going to be a Bigs 3? Did they ditch that and go with Nicktoones baseball for the Kinect instead?
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #298
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
What happaned to the Bigs 3? Is there going to be a Bigs 3? Did they ditch that and go with Nicktoones baseball for the Kinect instead?
Hehe...Kinect baseball...they probably will dedicate resources to that knowing all the crappy decisions they make (and or have made). If there's one thing I can live with out it's "motion control" games (Kinect, Wii, Move)....and that probably means they'll be building them. If I were them I would scrap anything "motion control" and "3D" and work on things like in game ball physics, CPU AI, online leagues, ect....
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #299
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Hehe...Kinect baseball...they probably will dedicate resources to that knowing all the crappy decisions they make (and or have made). If there's one thing I can live with out it's "motion control" games (Kinect, Wii, Move)....and that probably means they'll be building them. If I were them I would scrap anything "motion control" and "3D" and work on things like in game ball physics, CPU AI, online leagues, ect....
Right. It seems companies are getting obsessed with the next wave of the future, motion control and virtual reality stuff. But some games/genres you just cannot pull it off, and others will be novelties you will play for 10 min and that's it.

Dance Central is a perfect game for the Kinect. I don't dance, but I've played the game, that game is fun and legit, and replicates dancing pretty good. I can see people hooked on that if that's their thing. Same goes for the music games like Rock Band.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #300
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
Right. It seems companies are getting obsessed with the next wave of the future, motion control and virtual reality stuff. But some games/genres you just cannot pull it off, and others will be novelties you will play for 10 min and that's it.

Dance Central is a perfect game for the Kinect. I don't dance, but I've played the game, that game is fun and legit, and replicates dancing pretty good. I can see people hooked on that if that's their thing. Same goes for the music games like Rock Band.
Agreed...games like dance central do work. But sports games? yuk! I watched a demo (can't remember where) of a dude playing NBA 2k with motion controls (PS3) and all I could think about is how stupid that looked...not the guy himself, but trying to point at the screen and pass/shoot/steal using the motion controls...it was really really dumb...and the guy was trying to sell the idea and how cool it was. What's scary is the NBA 2k franchise is a good franchise and they have a solid game yet they're spinning their wheels trying to make the motion control thing work....it's a complete waste of time and energy.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #301
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree as well. Motion controls pretty much suck and can ruin gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #302
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
2K agrees with you at least for baseball. During the MLB 2K11 conference call, they mentioned setting up a motion control prototype and the testers tired out their arm after throwing like 40 pitches. LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #303
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
2K agrees with you at least for baseball. During the MLB 2K11 conference call, they mentioned setting up a motion control prototype and the testers tired out their arm after throwing like 40 pitches. LOL
Which is exactly why they need to implement a bullpen warm-up session before entering the game, duh.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #304
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Golf and tennis. Beyond that motion controls do not make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »