Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Kinda off-topic, but...

They added bands to the game this year, right? So is Notre Dame gonna have their band in the corner of the endzone like in actual games? It wouldn't make much sense to completely omit the band altogether or put them in an incorrect location if EVERY OTHER SCHOOL has their bands in the game.
Unfortunately, I think this may be the case. Having been in the band at Oklahoma and seeing where they put the bands in a couple dozen other stadiums, I haven't once seen a band placed correctly in any of the previews or videos released yet. I could be wrong and it might be a correction we see before July 12, but I wouldn't hold my breath. And with ND's band being at field level, I'd be even less hopefull...

I guess they expect us to be thankful for each small step they implement. "This year we added bands at pregame." 1 year later... "This year we added the bands back into the stands"... 1 year later "We moved the bands to their proper locations for our favorite top 12 schools..." you get the idea.

Honestly, though, even as a fan of all the pageantry and art they worked on this year, I was hopeing for an upgrade to teambuilder most of all. But if they got everything right each year, then we'd all have nothing to complain about and no reason to buy the game again the next year (especially if all you need to do is download a new roster...)
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #290
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well for me...
I don't care if it's an early, late or P90X build.

What I do care about is seeing some real nice videos showing me the improvements.
Too many times in the past I've seen "Played great at E3" or "I can assure you I just had a few games in a row where the DL pressure was great!!"...only to get the retail and it was no where near what it was claimed to be.

So I'm assuming by the time the game hits the stores we will see a good amount of final build videos. I'm still pumped to get the game and will be watching closely for better showings of the game.
If I see it..day 1 purchase. If I don't...I'll wait and see what kind of reviews some of the member here (that I trust) have to say about it.

Game does look somewhat better in some areas compared to 11, but I want to just make sure of a few other items.

Bottom line is, it's just a game. If you like what you see get the game...if not, don't. No reason to go on and on about it.
This is why I Rent and see for myself.

Great Post all the way through.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #291
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

Does the demo come out at 12:01 on the 28th or later in the day? Do I stay up for the demo or do I just wait until after work on the 28th to grab it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #292
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't know when Xbox Live updates their servers but I am pretty sure PSN updates around 2 pm. Could be wrong about that

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #293
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Does the demo come out at 12:01 on the 28th or later in the day? Do I stay up for the demo or do I just wait until after work on the 28th to grab it?
IDK about this year but I got last years downloaded around 1 am on XBOX live.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #294
Rookie

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Someone who actually makes an entire point (take notes Rules!).

Anyway, I would say it's a valid assumption, albeit, still somewhat off base. These are still two separate entities. The guys working on one thing are not on the other, so it's just incumbent on both sides to play into their roles. It's not like they go in saying we're not going to focus on known issues, let's just make it look prettier.

And even if that's not the case, if there were no presentation upgrades, there would be tons of complaints as well. I would hardly call it embarrassing adding pageantry into the game, and I am not one of those people who auto-skips intros -- I still watch the intros in NBA 2K11 for example. If you do skip then fair enough, but don't assume every gamer is like you.

If anything, the fact that EA already said it's going to be increasing the size of the football team says the company is serious about gameplay, which is an actual tangible fact.
just because they "increased the size of the football team" for NCAA does not necessarily mean they are focusing on gameplay. They are not mutually exclusive. We, and you, have no idea what the extra people are being used for in this instance. It is not a "tangible fact" that it is being used on gameplay just because EA says they are working on it. How long has EA said one thing and delivered another? When are we going to stop believing them? They are out to market their product, OF COURSE they are going to say they are "focused on gameplay" to please the masses and get people to shut up. Until the gameplay ACTUALLY changes and there are "tangible" changes, then really, nothing has changed. So it's not necessarily a fact because we can only speculate what their intentions are.

Until a spread running team like oregon picks me apart for 300+ yards rushing and 500+ yards of total offense and not just throwing the ball for slants or seams that can't be stopped and the CPU actually puts together a dynamic gameplan to pick me apart, just like, I dunno, oregon does IN REAL LIFE, then they will have showed me they have worked on gameplay. Until then, I will believe it when I see it.

Hopefully increasing the "football team" at EA will mean a football version of the "impact engine" FIFA is using. Until they use that, everything will be scripted and movement will be way off... as well as logic and how the game plays. Real-time physics would fix a lot of the gameplay issues w the CPU, like defensive linemen reacting WAY TOO QUICKLY to the zone read.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #295
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
MS is pacific time, and so it could be as early as Midnight on the west coast to as late as whenever they fell like putting it out(they don't really have set day/time for marketplace updates).

I would say anywhere from 2AM to noon Pacific time would be the range it'll be up. personally, I would just wait until the next day when you wake up, it's not like it's going anywhere.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #296
Rookie

OVR: 12
Didn't mean to come off as vengeful... just want to know why people other than the people who actually are on these forums don't hold EA accountable for this baloney? It's the same thing, different year. College Football is based around the spread offense and the play-action and the zone read. So, WHY DONT THOSE WORK PROPERLY? There just really are not any excuses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »