Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #265
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
From my point of view (offline, non-exploiter, will assign sweet playbooks to every team, slider guy), this game will be amazing to me.

I would like for things to be great right out the gates but it's clear that will not be the case this year.

There are some glaring issues:

OL/DL interaction was mediocre
WRs not making an attempt to catch everything thrown their way
WR/DB interaction with ball in the air
CPU QB didn't have great pocket presence
CPU shotgun running was bad
CPU called a fake punt
To me the tackle animations are too long
Dreads are atrocious

I'm hoping some of these issues are addressed. I feel as though I can make a couple changes to them by tweaking playbooks/sliders. For the rest, I don't view them as game killers.

To each their own! I'm buying as I see a good product that will be worth $60. If you don't think that's the case, rent or don't buy.

I have no sympathy for those who cry about spending $60 on a product they do not enjoy. Nobody forced you to buy it!
What I don't understand is why don't people like the improvements as much as they should. It seems like everyone just forgot about zone improvement and more tackle animations. I know their are problems that you want fixed but are they really game killers? I mean come on people. Wr and Db animations while ball is in he air; that's called pass interference my friend. Bad shotgun running by CPU,and no pocket presence can be fixed with sliders. I see nothing wrong with the CPU calling a fake punt. It's used as an element of surprise in real life and on the game. If you take away those few problems, there would be know reason to complain. Glad to see you understand that these problems aren't game killers though. Some people though...not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #266
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
From my point of view (offline, non-exploiter, will assign sweet playbooks to every team, slider guy), this game will be amazing to me.

I would like for things to be great right out the gates but it's clear that will not be the case this year.

There are some glaring issues:

OL/DL interaction was mediocre
WRs not making an attempt to catch everything thrown their way
WR/DB interaction with ball in the air
CPU QB didn't have great pocket presence
CPU shotgun running was bad
CPU called a fake punt
To me the tackle animations are too long
Dreads are atrocious

I'm hoping some of these issues are addressed. I feel as though I can make a couple changes to them by tweaking playbooks/sliders. For the rest, I don't view them as game killers.

To each their own! I'm buying as I see a good product that will be worth $60. If you don't think that's the case, rent or don't buy.

I have no sympathy for those who cry about spending $60 on a product they do not enjoy. Nobody forced you to buy it!
I completely agree. There's always things in NCAA and Madden that I would like to see fixed, but they're not game killers. I played a ton of NCAA 11, loved the game. Now adding a revamped RTG mode, custom playbooks, custom conferences, the better defense, and new tackling animations; I'm sold on it.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #267
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammer
Are you saying you've got to use sliders to make the game play the way it should right out of the box? Running from the Spread or SG should work on any level and without any adjustments.
EXACTLY, maybe it depends on the player... Maybe other gamers stick skills are much stronger than yours?? just sayin'..

ben
voodoo
Old 06-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #268
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
I mean come on people. Wr and Db animations while ball is in he air; that's called pass interference my friend.
The problem is that they aren't in the game but they happen in real life.

Quote:
Bad shotgun running by CPU,and no pocket presence can be fixed with sliders.
False. You can't make the AI smart enough to pick the right running lane, or get out of the pocket when necessary.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 16
they give the QB from texas the wrong mask, james has dreads and the guy playing sucks.... way to sell a game
Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #270
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by xITSxDAWKINSx
they give the QB from texas the wrong mask, james has dreads and the guy playing sucks.... way to sell a game
They aren't the real players.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #271
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I hate having to point out that in NCAA 11 sliders that made shotgun running efficient for the CPU made pro style teams unstoppable. It isn't an even level of efficiency universal of the slider attributes, so you have to change it week by week, which isnt a huge deal, but still, consider how glaring it was in NCAA 11 and the teams that played in the BCS game last season you would think they addressed the proble.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #272
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well for me...
I don't care if it's an early, late or P90X build.

What I do care about is seeing some real nice videos showing me the improvements.
Too many times in the past I've seen "Played great at E3" or "I can assure you I just had a few games in a row where the DL pressure was great!!"...only to get the retail and it was no where near what it was claimed to be.

So I'm assuming by the time the game hits the stores we will see a good amount of final build videos. I'm still pumped to get the game and will be watching closely for better showings of the game.
If I see it..day 1 purchase. If I don't...I'll wait and see what kind of reviews some of the member here (that I trust) have to say about it.

Game does look somewhat better in some areas compared to 11, but I want to just make sure of a few other items.

Bottom line is, it's just a game. If you like what you see get the game...if not, don't. No reason to go on and on about it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »