Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #257
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
No, it's just guys that posting and not using not one ounce of brain power whatsoever..
All these people who are complaining about not being able to run out of the shotgun don't even know that they are probably playing on default sliders and could be adjusted to better improve the game play... just too common sensible though.. I guess people now are trained to speak before they think...

ben
voodoo
Chase is that you?? If not, Chase now has one on his side. I always love how we should just deal with it or fix the game ourselves. Even better wait until next year as that seems to always be the solution. How about they fix the game once and for all so that way we don't have to jump thru hoops or make a wishlist for next year or hope that the next patch two months later addresses the problem we have had to deal with for years now. Hmmm, I guess people are trained to ignore problems instead of speaking up for a change.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #258
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanAllen4
Seriously..i gotta ask EA, why no Arkansas pageantry? The Woo Pig Sooie chant is one of the most well-known traditions in college football. Should easily be one of the team specific entrances. Shows the team coming through the tunnel..cuts to the Hogs mascot leading the chant, cut back to the tunnel and you can hear the fans doing the chant, then show the team running out.

As one of the up and coming programs in the nation, it's a shame to see that Arkansas has been overlooked again. Hopefully NCAA 2013 will include this.
If that was in the game I would play at Arkansas just for that.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #259
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Maybe a stupid question but just saw no player editing. Does that mean we won't have someone doing rosters this year so all our players are named.

Like I said stupid question but I saw someone post no player editing.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #260
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Maybe a stupid question but just saw no player editing. Does that mean we won't have someone doing rosters this year so all our players are named.

Like I said stupid question but I saw someone post no player editing.
I think they are talking about dynasty
Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 1
Still no spectate...... something that I would pay for. Damn.

Question: Why has replay been removed from online play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #262
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
From my point of view (offline, non-exploiter, will assign sweet playbooks to every team, slider guy), this game will be amazing to me.

I would like for things to be great right out the gates but it's clear that will not be the case this year.

There are some glaring issues:

OL/DL interaction was mediocre
WRs not making an attempt to catch everything thrown their way
WR/DB interaction with ball in the air
CPU QB didn't have great pocket presence
CPU shotgun running was bad
CPU called a fake punt
To me the tackle animations are too long
Dreads are atrocious

I'm hoping some of these issues are addressed. I feel as though I can make a couple changes to them by tweaking playbooks/sliders. For the rest, I don't view them as game killers.

To each their own! I'm buying as I see a good product that will be worth $60. If you don't think that's the case, rent or don't buy.

I have no sympathy for those who cry about spending $60 on a product they do not enjoy. Nobody forced you to buy it!
Good post.

I'll admit, EA had me as soon as it was confirmed that Chief Osceola and Renegade were in the game; I loved NCAA 11 and from my viewpoint, it appears NCAA 12 will be a well-polished version of that game, and that's just fine with me. I'd rather see gradual improvements year-to-year than EA blowing the game up and starting over from scratch every 12 months. No need to do that when you've got a solid base, and NCAA 11 is that solid base to build off of.

I wish FSU wasn't in the demo; I don't want to see the entrance until I have the retail version. I'll just stick to the Texas-Oregon matchup, I guess.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 06-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #263
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

I thought the demo looked much better than 11. Running lanes looked better, no morphing, the cpu was even able to run from the shotgun, as was the user. Sure oregon got blew up on a option play but the base shotgun runs seemed to work.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #264
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

It is kinda depressing to see the OS staff involved in a troll war...kinda shows where the site has gone.

Back on topic, the gamepleay looked, well it looked like last year with better zones. Rather than point out the same flaws as anybody else I would like to point out one major flaw in the the demo itself.

That flaw is that 2 minute quarters do not show how the playcalling AI will work. Now this tells me that the strategic half of the game has been left untouched once more.

Those who believe this game has a solid base, while I respect your opinion, I do not understand what has given you that impression because I am more inclined to believe that this game is more like an 8 story building with a base that is being held together by bubble gum and string. *imagines old Rugrats episodes*

Anyway that is what my take on this series is, and as far as this game, I will wait until somebody posts the results of at least a 10yr sim. Hopefully this game will be good as a sim because the gameplay looks, well, the same, as in bad.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »