Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

It's awesome that they added coaching carousel, but a few things are missing that are greatly needed. Scouting coordinators, the ability to hire and fire your own defensive and offensive coordinators, medical redshirts, off season weightlifting program (coaches, etc.), and spring practices. Add these in and we'll have a complete dynasty.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #138
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

Hopefully they added more sliders to the coaching philosophy page and teams have more distinct playbooks this season. This would help compensate for the lack of coach ratings.

In NCAA 11
Nick Saban had:
Run offense/Pass offense: 50
Off. aggressiveness: 60
Off. Subs: 55

while Ron English (Eastern Mich) had:
Run offense/pass offense: 50
Off aggressiveness: 52
Off. Subs: 55.

Since both schools both had "one back" offenses and very similar playbooks the differences between the two on field were minimal.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: game informer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Will never understand why people actively defend microtransactions.

I mean I can understand if you choose to buy it and don't consider it a big deal (even though, IMO you're the reason they're able to get away with charging people.)

But trying to defend and rationalize why they do it is a whole different animal. No it's not like getting a free PC game, it's like being charged $67 instead of $60 if you want the full OD feature set.

Oh well, here's looking forward to more microtransactions in the future.
No one said it was like getting a "free pc game", it costs $7, and thats not required to give you the full OD feature set as you can advance and play games from your console without it. I'm a network admin, I know servers cost money to buy and run, and I look at it that the added cost, without a way to recoup that they aren't going to put those types of features in so yeah I'd rather have the feature with a small cost than not have the feature at all, which is most likely what would happen if they were just going to eat the costs of keeping it running.

Its a niche feature that, as has already been mentioned on this thread, a lot of people aren't even going to use, so I disagree that its part of the full OD feature set. Its an add-on product. Lots of industries do the exact same thing but because we are used to it happening our entire lives its OK. If Ford decides that everyone is unhappy that they have to pay extra to get nice rims on their new car they aren't just going to start including the rims for free (unless it offers them a competitive advantage), they'll just not offer the option. Same here.

If they were charging for something internal to the game that required no additional costs on their end for you to use once it was developed I'd agree with you, but every person who takes advantage of this feature is going to cost EA additional ongoing money, so I don't blame them for trying to cover those costs, if they didn't, and they decided they were going to lose money on adding that feature, they just wouldn't add it and we'd be without it.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #140
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Can we control a school without being the coach? Can I be Miami, but not be Al Golden so maybe fire years down the line I can fire Golden, and bring in an Air Raid offense, or triple option? I am hoping I don't have to be locked into a coach.

Also, I hope the blog shows some examples of the Coaching Carousel in action maybe 5 years down the road. I'd like to see what offenses some schools are running. Is Georgia Tech still running the triple option or did Paul Johnson maybe move on to a bigger school. Who will be the head coach after Joe Paterno and Jim Tressel? I hope it works good because it could be a lot of fun if it does.
No I'm pretty sure you have to be the coach in dynasty. You don't have to be the current coach though, you can create a guy and go to Miami with the Air Raid or triple option. What your talking about would probably be considered an AD mode.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #141
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Nobody said its like getting a free PC game. Its a more or less an add-on PC game that costs $3 to $7 bucks. And most importantly, its optional.

That's not really an opinon, more fact.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Nah.

It's just supersimming the game from your computer instead of from your console. That's like saying online recruiting is a add-on PC game. Luckily for us that "game" is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
Its a niche feature that, as has already been mentioned on this thread, a lot of people aren't even going to use, so I disagree that its part of the full OD feature set. Its an add-on product.
All I know is they spent dev time on both time that could've instead have been spent on things included in the $60 game. If you want access to the full OD feature set they worked on it's a $67 game not a $60 one. If you're fine paying $67 then ok, good for you. Just don't try to make it something it's not.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-23-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #142
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
No I'm pretty sure you have to be the coach in dynasty. You don't have to be the current coach though, you can create a guy and go to Miami with the Air Raid or triple option. What your talking about would probably be considered an AD mode.
I hope we are still able to start a "new career" mid-dynasty and take over another coach - I like to manage multiple teams.

It would also be very lame if you took over JoePa and after 2 years your dynasty just ended. You should be able to pick up in 2013 with a new coach
Old 05-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #143
Rookie

MrMiller84's Arena

OVR: 0

This is the best news EA has ever brought into this series. This will be the best sports game of the year. I don't think this game will leave my console until MW3 comes out. The ability to recreate my high school days is insane. To play on both sides of the ball.For Dynasty mode or Team Builder, does anyone know if we will see conf. football patches when you import teams or jump conferences. For example, if Georgia Tech moves into the SEC will they replace the ACC patch on the jersey with the SEC patch like they do the logos on the field.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
JACKSON STATE TIGERS
DALLAS COWBOYS
CHICAGO BULLS
ATLANTA BRAVES
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 0
"No conference creation or BCS playoff-style tournament" I'm sold!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »