Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

BTW, I had the game freeze on me last night for the first time in over a month.

It was at the "let's check out the league leaders in _____ graphic" in the 6th inning. I tapped A and boom. Frozen.

I blamed it on my wife who had just walked into the room
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #258
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
Mine are pretty evenly distributed. If you pitch away all the time, the homers are going to opposite field. If you pitch inside they will get pulled.
But that's not real baseball. The vast majority of HRs hit are pulled by players in real life. The only guys that show significant opposite field power are guys that hit 30+ HRs and even guys like Bautista still pull most of their HRs. Go ahead and pull the hit charts up on MLB.com for any player and track how many home runs are hit to the opposite field. It's rare for the average baseball player.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #259
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But that's not real baseball. The vast majority of HRs hit are pulled by players in real life. The only guys that show significant opposite field power are guys that hit 30+ HRs and even guys like Bautista still pull most of their HRs. Go ahead and pull the hit charts up on MLB.com for any player and track how many home runs are hit to the opposite field. It's rare for the average baseball player.
True, but the majority of pulled HR's in real life are from pitches that were middle of the plate or on the inner half. It's much harder to pull an outside pitch. 2K did a pretty good job of reflecting that in this game, though it's not perfect because guys that have a ton of power can pull outer-third of the plate stuff, but even so, I'm guessing the majority of Bautista's homers weren't on pitches on the outer-third.

Regardless, this is something that is kind of hard to perfect in a baseball game, and I think the system in 2K11 is pretty good especially since it provides such nice hit variety in general. If this is one of the biggest gripes, then clearly we have a pretty darn good game on our hands.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 5

^^^^

Exactly.

A couple of years ago everyone complained about how it didn't matter where you threw the ball, players were pulling HRs on the outside of the plate and hitting ones to the opposite field on the inside of the plate.

I think they have it very close to correct, now.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #261
Banned

OVR: 0

Is there any footage or video of this game post patch? I'm thinking of picking it up again, but not sure if it's worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #262
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic34
Is there any footage or video of this game post patch? I'm thinking of picking it up again, but not sure if it's worth it.
If you can't find anything, let me know. I could make a video of the PC version.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #263
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
If you can't find anything, let me know. I could make a video of the PC version.
thanks man. I actually can't find anything. If you could do that that would be great.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow 2k great patch I am loving this game that's right loving not loathing. Somebody else said this already but I agree it's sim and pick up and play! Thanks again!

PSN maestro3445

Celtics,Pats,Bruins NHL ,and Red Sox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »