Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #209
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Wonder if this double play glitch could be tied to base runner aggression slider? What are you guys using?
I was about to say that I was using default All-Star, but I might have still had my old sliders going, which had runner aggression pushed way up.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #210
Rookie

Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy
For those using the PC version, what controller are you using to play the game with?
Keyboard and I'm fine with it.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm hoping the double play glitch is tied to the base running aggression slider as well....it did say in the notes that the sliders were re-tuned so maybe they're more sensitive now....that is my hope at least
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #212
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
Sidenote: I'm confused as to why they chose to temper the power of weaker CPU hitters. When I give up a HR, it's usually to a HR hitter. I don't know if I've seen any non-HR threats hitting jacks in my franchise. Anyone else feel this way?
I thought the same thing. The only HRs I ever gave up were to the big hitters and that was with power at 75 for cpu. Part of this is because there is too much of a gap between the contact and power swing. I wanted this to shrink and now they tell us the bigger guys just got more powerful? You'll never see a player with under 60 power hit a HR against you anymore (very rare pre-patch).

I like a lot of the patch notes but this area scares me to the point that I am kind of glad the PS3 hasn't got the patch yet. I want to see some impressions after more than just a few games from you guys. If this becomes an issue I may pass on the patch. Fixing fatigue isn't worth it if the game becomes less sim.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #213
Banned

I played first two games of franchise and shocked that Placido Polanco hit a home run in both games! I have both contact and power at 50 for me.

Baserunners are very aggressive. Auto fielding is nice but Utley and Rollins making errors in the first two games does not seem right, Utley on a throw to second when he's between 2nd and first.

Very nice to see auto baserunning yield two stolen bases in one game. Game summary shows zeroes instead of real stats. Edit lineup screen shows batting averages but not energy level.

Line-drive outs seem to have been fixed, doesn't happen anywhere near as often as before.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I played first two games of franchise and shocked that Placido Polanco hit a home run in both games! I have both contact and power at 50 for me.

Baserunners are very aggressive. Auto fielding is nice but Utley and Rollins making errors in the first two games does not seem right, Utley on a throw to second when he's between 2nd and first.

Very nice to see auto baserunning yield two stolen bases in one game. Game summary shows zeroes instead of real stats. Edit lineup screen shows batting averages but not energy level.

Line-drive outs seem to have been fixed, doesn't happen anywhere near as often as before.
People keep saying that the game summary shows zeroes. I played another game today and saw the correct stats during and after the game. I have the game installed to the hard drive and am in the middle of a current franchise I started back in March. Is this causing the difference?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #215
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollienyy
People keep saying that the game summary shows zeroes. I played another game today and saw the correct stats during and after the game. I have the game installed to the hard drive and am in the middle of a current franchise I started back in March. Is this causing the difference?
Having the game installed to the HDD may be why your seeing stats. The game is always caching within the HDD

Sent from my Awesome Phone via tapatalk

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 05-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #216
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Having the game installed to the HDD may be why your seeing stats. The game is always caching within the HDD

Sent from my Awesome Phone via tapatalk
I also have the game installed on the hard drive, so that is not the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »