Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #185
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
Looks like a good list of fixes, but sad to say that on my first game last night (X360), I locked up before I could even take the field. No problem after rebooting, but in the third inning I lost Carlos Pena for 9 days with a groin pull. Not too convinced that the crashes and injuries have been significantly improved given this small sample set.

Still ticked that the "Last Game's Score" still displays as double what it should be during the pre-game presentations. That bug's been there since 2K10 and it's driving me nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Was finally able to get a game in last night. The main thing I noticed was better hit variety from the CPU. There was even a dribbler back to the pitcher! I had never seen that before today.

As for baserunning, I know most of us jacked the baserunning aggression in an attempt to get the CPU to take the extra base when warranted. I had to go back and put it down to 60 from 75 when Ryan Braun tried to turn a triple into an inside the park homerun. It wasn't really that close, either. After I made the adjustment I didn't see any weird baserunning mistakes, though.

One other note about the baserunning, I have a feeling it's going to significantly effect the amount of runs I was giving up and scoring. The CPU definitely takes the extra base now, and they do try to throw you out if they think they might be able to get you. I know I'd had numerous occassions where my player was able to score easily because of the lackadasical CPU cut-off man. Not so anymore.

Also, it may be a statistical outlier, but I crushed the ball last night. Granted it was against an inferior pitcher, but I hit 4 HRs and 6 doubles last night against three different pitchers.

Thankfully it was the last game of the season for my Franchise, so I can start fresh the following year and adjust accordingly.

Overall, I'm happy so far with the patch.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #187
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
Was finally able to get a game in last night. The main thing I noticed was better hit variety from the CPU. There was even a dribbler back to the pitcher! I had never seen that before today.

As for baserunning, I know most of us jacked the baserunning aggression in an attempt to get the CPU to take the extra base when warranted. I had to go back and put it down to 60 from 75 when Ryan Braun tried to turn a triple into an inside the park homerun. It wasn't really that close, either. After I made the adjustment I didn't see any weird baserunning mistakes, though.

One other note about the baserunning, I have a feeling it's going to significantly effect the amount of runs I was giving up and scoring. The CPU definitely takes the extra base now, and they do try to throw you out if they think they might be able to get you. I know I'd had numerous occassions where my player was able to score easily because of the lackadasical CPU cut-off man. Not so anymore.

Also, it may be a statistical outlier, but I crushed the ball last night. Granted it was against an inferior pitcher, but I hit 4 HRs and 6 doubles last night against three different pitchers.

Thankfully it was the last game of the season for my Franchise, so I can start fresh the following year and adjust accordingly.

Overall, I'm happy so far with the patch.
I saw much of the same. Hit a dribbler back to pitcher myself.

I lowered cpu running aggression from 100 down to 80. They try to go first to third a lot now which is good. Makes the cpu manufacture more runs which they weren't able to do before.

I also hit with some more pop. I'm using 35/55 user batting and 60 cpu pitch success and I've hit 3 HR's in 1.5 games - One with McCann 80 power, Gonzalez 75 power and McClouth 68 power. Nice to see a lower power guy getting a HR.

I did have my franchise freeze last night which is probably the second time TOTAL I've had it freeze. Very odd it froze right after they did all those fixes to freezes lol.

The game plays smooth as silk now. Overall it was a very, very solid patch.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 05-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #188
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin2006
What were your contact and power sliders set at? Small sample size, but that sounds promising.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #189
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzgerald1
For example, they had a runner on first with no outs and hit a grounder in the hole between short and third. I threw to second to get one and tried to get the double play at first but he was clearly safe. The runner ran through the bag like usual but then took off for second, while my first baseman still had the ball. So easy tag out, double play.
Saw this as well. Other than this, I'm extremely impressed with the patch. Everything in general seems to flow more smoothly.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
What were your contact and power sliders set at? Small sample size, but that sounds promising.
I'll have to check when I get home from work tonight (shhh...don't tell my boss I frequent OSatwork.com ), but they are slightly down from the "Pro" settings, but not quite at All-Star. I think I have my power at 40, contact at 55? I'll double check though. I also have a pretty deep lineup in my franchise with a lot of power (I believe it was Vlad, Mark Reynolds, Matt Wieters [who hit a bomb btw], and Alan(?) Riemold). Everyone was 71 power or higher.

I also did what Blazzen did, upping the CPU pitch success so I don't get as many meatballs. However, there were a ton last night which contributed to the offensive success, but again, it was against their 5th starter and sub-par bullpen, so it will take a few games before I make a final decision on what adjustments to make.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #191
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Looks like a good list of fixes, but sad to say that on my first game last night (X360), I locked up before I could even take the field. No problem after rebooting, but in the third inning I lost Carlos Pena for 9 days with a groin pull. Not too convinced that the crashes and injuries have been significantly improved given this small sample set.
Really man? You get one pretty minor injury, and you're questioning the injury fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #192
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyways, a few impressions:

The fielding: WOW. That is a smooth transition. Much much much better. Pre-patch, the delay in response to hitting the dive (RT) button would cause me to miss a grounder by a good margin. Now the fielder will actually dive right when you press the button. I was able to make my first manual diving stop on a ground ball last night.

This was a franchise game (Rangers vs. A's). Cahill just absolutely dominated me through 7 innings, striking out 10. I could not time his offspeed stuff, and when he'd gun in at 94 MPH, I was late. Finally, with 1 out in the bottom of the 8th, I was able to string together a walk, and a few basehits to eventually win the game 2-0.

I had Colby Lewis going for me, and pitched a CG 5-hit shutout. The A's were definitely making contact, but they were aggressive as all hell with a lot of swinging strikes. I MIGHT change the CPU contact rate (can't remember what it is now). It is the A's though, so 5 hits might have been realistic. Colby Lewis is no slouch either, so it could have just been a great performance by Colby.

I'll report back more as I play.

Sidenote: I'm confused as to why they chose to temper the power of weaker CPU hitters. When I give up a HR, it's usually to a HR hitter. I don't know if I've seen any non-HR threats hitting jacks in my franchise. Anyone else feel this way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »