Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #129
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [Still Awaiting Patch No

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Well, the fact that the other game is made by SONY surely helped them get their patch out quicker on PSN......don't blame 2K for a PSN problem.
Well...other games got a patch during the process. I mean, dont blame 2K for not releaseing the notes is kinda funy IMO. I just find it really horrible that no explanation or timeline has been given to the PS3 owners "officially" and that for everyone the notes are buried under of ronnies good intentions. This is a patch impressions so i will stop crying over what wont happen, I am jsut speaking for the PS3 owvers in case a 2K dev accidently wanders off the reservation and comes into this forum.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #130
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Patch notes added to OP.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #131
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [Still Awaiting Patch No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Well...other games got a patch during the process. I mean, dont blame 2K for not releaseing the notes is kinda funy IMO. I just find it really horrible that no explanation or timeline has been given to the PS3 owners "officially" and that for everyone the notes are buried under of ronnies good intentions. This is a patch impressions so i will stop crying over what wont happen, I am jsut speaking for the PS3 owvers in case a 2K dev accidently wanders off the reservation and comes into this forum.
I didn't say anything about the notes.....you originally said it was garbage that 360 gets the patch before PS3...I'm just saying if 2K could release the PS3 patch at the same time as the 360 patch then they surely would. 2K isn't withholding the PS3 patch on purpose. It was submitted to Sony at the exact same tme as the 360 patch was submitted to MS, so unless Sony rejected the patch because they found something wrong, there's no reason to blame 2K for the hold up.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-18-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

I just skimmed the notes (which are now out) and have played 2 exhibition games with the patch. I'm really, really liking this game...

One question for you guys: I saw the notes have extensive information on how CPU baserunning has been tweaked (a LOT). I've had my CPU baserunning aggression set at 100 - now it seems like it's too high as guys are going all over the bases...

Anyone else seeing this and think it may now be a tad overdone? Just curious... Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (Patch Notes Added)

I notice they said the fixed PITCHER fatigue in Franchise. Please, don't tell me they didn't fix the everyday players

I also didn't see anything about players being invisible on your roster after coming back from rehab assignments unless you let the CPU autoadjust your lineup (When they have a green cross next to their name, they counted against your roster but you couldn't put them in lineup or rotation).

The baserunning logic is good, though. That needed a bit of a tweak, except now I'll have to adjust my sliders again

Last edited by cardswin2006; 05-18-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 4

No PS3 patch yet?

Crap! Looks like I've been getting excited all day about nothing. Oh well, as long as the PS3 version GETS a patch I'll be happy. If 2K pulls a stunt like they did last year with NHL2K10 (No patch for PS3) then I'm done with them. Period.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #135
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I copied/pasted the notes in post #2 of this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...notes-out.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
why would you expect it to be? Patches aren't for graphical fixes or upgrades. They're fixes to the codes that correct things that shouldn't have been wrong in the first place. If there's something about a stadium or player model you don't like you have to wait till next year. It's been that way in every single baseball video game ever.
^Almost in every single sports video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »