Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #113
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Injury test: test franchise(Atlanta Braves):

Simming entire season from spring training till September, will post amount of injuries based on injury slider setting.

Default 50 - 20 total injuries( maybe 5 serious with long DL stints)
25 - 14 (maybe 3 serious with long DL stints)
10 - 8 (maybe 2 serious with long DL stints)
0 - 0 - atleast still works,
I was under the impression the excessive injuries were occuring during played games... not simmed ones.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #114
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I was under the impression the excessive injuries were occuring during played games... not simmed ones.
Either way the injury slider effects it, and before patch i had slider at 10 and didnt see any crazy amounts of injuries in game or simmed. So all I wanted to test if slider works, and it does, so if they did not do anything with this in patch, as far as toning down, than there is still a solution.

Basically bored waiting on patch notes.

Really takes this long for patch notes, really??? This is starting to concern and irritate me.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [Still Awaiting Patch No

Yeah the injuries never really bugged me, and you're right, most of the injuries were playable (something I don't think occurred to most of the people complaining about them). Yes there were a number of long injuries that required DL time, but I never had the rash of long term injuries I've seen people writing about.

Interesting note though, I normall sim 5 and play 1 during the season. During the playoffs, I have not had one injury (one win away from winning the WS). Not sure what that's all about, but just thought people would like to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Really takes this long for patch notes, really??? This is starting to concern and irritate me.
Really, what does it take, 15 minutes to type out the notes? It's not like they don't have a working copy of the fixes being done. All they have to do is have an intern type it up and post it on FaceBook. "Need approval?"

That's just stupid. If there was something they posted but then had to retract later, I don't think people would really break out the pitchforks over it.

Seriously, what the hell does Ronnie do all day?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #117
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Either way the injury slider effects it, and before patch i had slider at 10 and didnt see any crazy amounts of injuries in game or simmed. So all I wanted to test if slider works, and it does, so if they did not do anything with this in patch, as far as toning down, than there is still a solution.

Basically bored waiting on patch notes.

The only problem with having to turn the injury slider down to 10 to get normal injuries in PLAYED games, is that then there are hardly injuries in SIMMED games. Of course you could leave the slider at 50 to get normal injuries in SIMMED games, but then you have the opposite problem of excessive injuries during PLAYED games.

Basically... we shouldnt HAVE to turn the slider down to 10 to get normal injuries. You should be able to leave the slider at 50 and have normal injuries in both simmed and played games.

This is what Im hoping the patch will accomplish. We'll see... :P

The patch notes taking this long is lame IMO on 2K's part. Obviously there is some discrepancy with whats listed in the patch notes and with what the patch succeeded in fixing. So hence.... they are probably feverishly editing the patch notes before releasing them to cover any inconsistencies.

Pretty lame if you ask me. If everything with the patch and the patch notes was "A-OK" they would just release them... Obviously something is wrong.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #118
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

2k has always been..... difficult and odd about PR. It's almost like for Ronnie to post something he has to ask his boss, who asks his boss, who asks his boss and so on. It's like he has to file paperwork to get permission to ask the Dev team a question. And to release something he has to get Executive authority from the CEO of Take-Two before he does it, and he can't have his golf game interrupted.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [Still Awaiting Patch No

Im Starting a Cash Prize or Authentic Jersey Prize in an online league now that patch has gone thru...30 teams...162 gm season active.....winner of the FALL CLASSIC GETS CASH PRIZE!!!! if i cant get 30 serious people who wont quit that would b great...SO GET AT ME IF U WANT IN EBOMB29 is my GAMERTAG!! lets get this started!!! I will use paypal...more details for those who want to join
Old 05-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #120
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

after the game when you go to "game summary", it has a (0) for any errors, doubles, triples, HR etc. that were hit during the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »