Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #97
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

3pm EST now, so 2 hours to go, or less i hope.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #98
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

while were waiting, going to run some injury slider tests in franchise, 50 default, 25, 10, and 0, to see if any differences
Old 05-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0

guys this will undoubtedly be a terrible/dumb question, but i'm really new to video games after a bit of a hiatus. so i do NOT have xbox live. how do i get the patch?? do i simply plug in my PC's ethernet cable into the xbox or something and start it up?? i read something like that but not sure. also i'm not sure i have a tv screen near any of my ethernet cables so will it update the xbox without me needing to actually do anything with my xbox controller on the screen??

does that make sense? please DUMB IT DOWN. thanks. i'm obv not a tech guy either..
Old 05-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #100
Rookie

galactic hobo's Arena

OVR: 0

someone posted this on gamefaqs

Quote:
2k Destroyed the game with the New Patch
Mueller Fan Posted 5/18/2011 1137 AM
1) CPU hitting is now WAY too good.
2) CPU runners are overly aggressive and know EXACTLY what base you are throwing too.
3) AI managers now allow starting pitchers to give up 8 runs before yanking them
4) Doesn't matter how good you are at pitching, you will give up unrealistic amounts of hits.
5) Human power decreased DRASTICALLY
6) Hitting anything slightly outside of the zone is nearly impossible.
7) Madden-esque Comeback AI has been instituted .
8) Umpires have gotten WORSE
9) CPU hitters hit EVERYTHING
10) Human pitchers have gotten LESS accurate
11) CPU hitters can foul ANY pitch off at ANY time
12) Human players catch foul balls about 1/3 of the time. The other 2/3 they hit the player on the head.
13) Human OFers now take AWFUL routes to the ball.
14) CPU catchers have UNGODLY pop times to 2nd base.
15) Game will randomly switch which fielder you control.
16) CPU OFers have incredible range, while your OFers struggle to catch anything they have to move for.

Good lord, the BAA was already bad enough with all the damn bloop singles that the CPU ALWAYS got, now they're just shelling gap to gap. There is a RIDICULOUS amount of triples. If it goes to the wall in the gap, it is a triple. I have yet to successfully hold a CPU runner to a 2B. Even a hard hit line drive off the wall in Left Center will end up being a 3B.

Good news is: the fatigue problem has been fixed.

Overall this patch UTTERLY blows. I'm sorry, but the score of a game should not be 8-5 through 5 innings. WAAAAY to many hits for the CPU.

The CPU is back to taking pitches that almost bounce to the RF gap and just running all day because your OF wants to pat his glove every time he touches the ball. I was having a lot of fun with 2k11 prior to this patch. Now it is just frustrating to play. What started out as a mediocre baseball game with potential has turned into an absolutely awful experience.
is any of this true or does this guy just suck at 2k11?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHootar
guys this will undoubtedly be a terrible/dumb question, but i'm really new to video games after a bit of a hiatus. so i do NOT have xbox live. how do i get the patch?? do i simply plug in my PC's ethernet cable into the xbox or something and start it up?? i read something like that but not sure. also i'm not sure i have a tv screen near any of my ethernet cables so will it update the xbox without me needing to actually do anything with my xbox controller on the screen??

does that make sense? please DUMB IT DOWN. thanks. i'm obv not a tech guy either..
You'll need to plug directly from your router to your XBOX. Your router is the device that your PC connects to to get access to the internet. You do not need a "Gold" account to get patches and updates, but you will automatically get a free "Silver" account just by signing into XBOX Live (you won't have to buy anything) once you're hooked up. I think you have to provide your email address and things like that.

Once you've created the Silver account, just start up the game and it will prompt you to download the patch. Hit A and let the waiting begin

Once you're done with the patch, you can disconnect your XBOX from the router.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #102
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic hobo

Well, considering no one else seems to be saying this stuff, Im thinking maybe this guy just needs to relax and learn to play better.

Also, in his "list" items 1,4, and 9 are the same thing.

I wouldnt worry about ranting posts like this...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #103
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic hobo

He sucks, after playing 4 games all of that is untrue. Only odd thing I saw was Carlos Guillen being a little too aggresive on the basebaths. He actually got a triple off me because I didn't realize he went for third. He left second just as i got the ball back to the cut off man. Didn't think there was any possibility of him going to third lol.

But yeah, that guy is a troll.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [Still Awaiting Patch No

I'm hoping he's just a whiner. I know I finally got the sliders tweaked to optimal enjoyment for me, so I would hate to readjust everything again.

I think we've all had those games where the CPU seems to hit everything and you just suck. I think this guy just had one of them and likes to complain.

I'm hoping that's the case anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »