Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #313
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Do u have any tips for hitting the target? I can never really locate the ball when move the right stick up,, wonder if it's my controller ?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #314
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Just be thankful we have patches now a days, back in the day you just dealt with game breaking bugs, and no way to fix them.

I also think SCEA-SD is some of the best in the biz at delivering not only feedback, but great fixes in their patches. And this game truly is one of the least buggy out of all the sports franchises, and does much more in it, than same said franchises.
Didn't they do this last year though? I seem to remember getting the first, second patch for 2010, it worked fine. Then the third patch dropped and word got around that it shouldn't be downloaded. In fact I found information on it...(http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/05/18...atch-3-details)

I'm such a believer in the Show that I went out and bought a PS3 for the 2010 version. This truly is an amazing baseball series but I don't appreciate the silence. I'm patiently waiting for the 3rd patch for the 2nd patch, I have no problem playing offline until they fix the problems but you say they are the best at feedback. Why haven't we heard anything? I've looked all over. This is a MAJOR franchise issue. On top of it, I seem to recall people saying the new patch wouldn't affect franchises that started before the patch released. This misinformation from the community could have been avoided with a little communication from someone at SCEA-SD. Instead many of us could be stuck with broken franchises.
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #315
All Star

OVR: 0
Interesting change in logic following the patch

The starters stay in the game longer. I just played a series with the Dodgers to open 2012 and in two of the games their starter threw 130 pitches, both times with the Dodgers leading big.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #316
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Didn't they do this last year though? I seem to remember getting the first, second patch for 2010, it worked fine. Then the third patch dropped and word got around that it shouldn't be downloaded. In fact I found information on it...(http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/05/18...atch-3-details)

I'm such a believer in the Show that I went out and bought a PS3 for the 2010 version. This truly is an amazing baseball series but I don't appreciate the silence. I'm patiently waiting for the 3rd patch for the 2nd patch, I have no problem playing offline until they fix the problems but you say they are the best at feedback. Why haven't we heard anything? I've looked all over. This is a MAJOR franchise issue. On top of it, I seem to recall people saying the new patch wouldn't affect franchises that started before the patch released. This misinformation from the community could have been avoided with a little communication from someone at SCEA-SD. Instead many of us could be stuck with broken franchises.
I play my franchise from pre-patch with no problems.
Also....you guys love to throw the word MISINFORMATION around a lot. I don't think you truly grasp what misinformation is. That would be DELIBERATELY giving false information to people. Do you think that's the case?....because there are a handful of (unfortunate) people who are having problems with loading previous franchises....while most don't. Obviously something might be amiss....but there is no way that SCEA deliberately misinformed anyone.
Sorry....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #317
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
True. But games like God of War do not have the variables that a sports game has. While not necessarily linear, there are no where near the options or choices that even a low tier sports game would have.

Fight, fight, fight move left fight some more move right......Boss battle. Just look at the choices that can be made in one half inning of a baseball game or a four down series in football. It is no wonder that bugs and problems pop up. Everybody plays their way and every second can be different than someone else.

I don't blame developers for missing some things and honestly I don't see have the bugs and glitches that a lot of you all do. I don't know if it is me just being clueless or just relaxing and having fun with it. I am done with year one of my RTTS and in June of my Franchise. I haven't had any save problems and everything for me is running smooth, I have no complaints.

These guys care more about our opinions and our game than a whole lot of other companies do. My belief is that if they can fix something they will. If not then I personally love this game and think it is just about as perfect as it gets.

Just my two cents.
I like this post.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #318
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Interesting change in logic following the patch

I have seen that in games pre-patch. The logic of the game seems pretty flawed.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #319
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
you guys love to throw the word MISINFORMATION around a lot. I don't think you truly grasp what misinformation is. That would be DELIBERATELY giving false information to people. Do you think that's the case?....because there are a handful of (unfortunate) people who are having problems with loading previous franchises....while most don't.
This is a good point. As frustrating as it is (I don't have the particular problem myself), if the glitch doesn't occur to a vast majority of people, it is likely a bug that's hard for them to reproduce. SCEA must first reproduce the bug themselves and recognize it exists, and then work on how to fix it without breaking everything else that's working. Maybe it's one of those glitches.

The best we can do is to let them know in detail how a glitch happened, ways to reproduce it, and then hope it's something they have resources to fix. Patience is a virtue.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #320
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I play my franchise from pre-patch with no problems.
Also....you guys love to throw the word MISINFORMATION around a lot. I don't think you truly grasp what misinformation is. That would be DELIBERATELY giving false information to people. Do you think that's the case?....because there are a handful of (unfortunate) people who are having problems with loading previous franchises....while most don't. Obviously something might be amiss....but there is no way that SCEA deliberately misinformed anyone.
Sorry....

M.K.
Knight165
Knight, love your roster and your input into the game. You misinterpeted what I meant by some people, and I do know what misinformation means. Let me clarify. I mean some users/posters said franchises would be unaffected. I was not implying SCEA-SD has lied to us, they're just not saying anything. There are some people who want to be the guy who breaks the information first. I believe someone just threw it out there that everything would be fine when they had no idea what they are talking about. I was merely looking for a post from Russell or someone from SCEA-SD because I trust them and we never got one.

And how do I know I won't be affected by the patch? If you can answer this I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not being a smart XXX. Can I download the patch to try it, load up my franchise and if it doesn't work delete the patch somehow without 'corrupting' the file?
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »