Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #257
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezz2001
Hustlin,

Thanks for posting this, it's very helpful. One quick question--you wrote to keep trades, roster moves, and waivers "manual" for the CPU contolled teams. Does this mean no trades will occur or just that I will be notified about any trades or waiver signings before they happen?

Thanks,
Brian
that is just during spring while setting up franchise, once season begins you can move to manual
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #258
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekWWFan
Ha, considering all that you've been getting right, it's going to happen And hey, I just noticed he's pitching right now against the Yanks, he's wearing #55. I have a feeling the O's are coming back to Earth really quickly the next couple weeks. At least that's what Franchise is for!
You might be right. I still like their lineup though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
Sorry for the repost, but I'm still looking to see if anyone knows the skinny on this?
It won't. Progression happens during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchdogXC
This might be a dumb question, but say you want to play the spring training games with the 40 man rosters. Has anyone compiled a list of what level of the minor leagues each of the 15 extra guys needs sent down to in order to keep the minor league level lineups in tact?
I started to ...and then just set up my 2nd PS3 and changed it from there team by team.(I still made some mistakes...as I had to re-adjust a few lineups.) Sorry.
That's a lot of writing.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
that is just during spring while setting up franchise, once season begins you can move to manual
Umm can you repeat the part about the thingy?

I am confused?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #260
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I think you have this backwards. You meant to say Auto in the other 29 team profile, but Manual during ST (Do teams trade during ST?) If you set to Manual in the profile associated with the other 29 teams, trades will not be offered between the other teams.

There is still a 3 day trade window (versus 'Immediately'), an option you can choose when you begin a Franchise . This means that if you see a trade accepted amongst other teams, (that seems unrealistic) you can just go in and cancel it with the 3 days.

You do however want Manual in the profile controlling your main team.

Last edited by coreyhartsdaughter; 04-13-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #261
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
Umm can you repeat the part about the thingy?

I am confused?

1. First would be to make sure your profile user settings and a second created CPU profile have Injuries set to manual. Set-up CPU profile to be default.
  2. Mode Options have your profile set to manual/auto on the GM duties you want/don't want to handle.
  3. Now Mode Options for CPU created profile would have to be auto for all GM duties along with lineups/rotations, 40-man roster, roster moves, waivers, trades and free agency.
  4. Now select a "new" franchise and load a saved roster
  5. Press "Square" to control all 30 teams, but having your main team your profile and the other 29 teams the CPU created profile.
  6. Next a screen with all kinds of options... fantasy draft, CPU ROSTER CONTROL, etc. Now make sure the CPU ROSTER CONTROL IS OFF
  7. End spring training.
  8. Now first day of the regular season, for all teams adjust 40 man roster, basically add the 15 players that were removed (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=19H-...ut=list&num=50)
  9. After players added to 40 man roster next would be to DL those injured players
  10. Save once more, but create a new file. I always do this just in case any objectives are missed
  11. View today's games and sim all games, but your own in order for out-of-town scoreboard to work correctly. I would also suggest creating a CPU slider set with injury slider set @ 1 other wise simulated games will have a lot of injuries.
  12. Re-load your slider set and play your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #262
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
I think you have this backwards. You meant to say Auto in the other 29 team profile, but Manual during ST (Do teams trade during ST?) If you set to Manual in the profile associated with the other 29 teams, trades will not be offered between the other teams.

There is still a 3 day trade window (versus 'Immediately'), an option you can choose when you begin a Franchise . This means that if you see a trade accepted amongst other teams, (that seems unrealistic) you can just go in and cancel it with the 3 days.

You do however want Manual in the profile controlling your main team.
Cool, thanks for the help. So basically I just need to keep lineups as manual for the CPU and I can put everything else at auto without any problems? What about 40 man roster, should I leave this as manual as well?

Thanks again.

Brian
Old 04-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #263
Rookie

OVR: 6

Going through all this to get things set up, but aren't there going to be issues at the start of next season with lineups?

If I decide to control one team, and really just care about that one team, are things going to go weird on me? I know the CPU's rosters and lineups will change, but any other things to worry about.

I think some of the confusion is how to make this a simple franchise to play, to me it's a game, and I spend so much time making it realistic, that it takes the fun of the game away.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #264
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezz2001
Cool, thanks for the help. So basically I just need to keep lineups as manual for the CPU and I can put everything else at auto without any problemsDynasty? What about 40 man roster, should I leave this as manual as well?

Thanks again.

Brian

No. You're going to want at least injuries to manual (this is the notifications, NOT the option if they happen) too.

This is required to make DL assessments / assignments, as well as decide decide what to do with a player after he is no longer injured (the move to bench or auto-fix) message.

Here's what I run on the second profile:

Lineups/Rotations: Manual
40 Man: Manual
Roster Moves: Manual
Waivers: Auto
Injury Management: Manual

Everything else for the CPU teams is Auto.

Like I said, with manual you can still say 'auto-fix' if it won't screw something up (like a lineup or injury at AA), but if Jon Lester is injured for a few days, you'll want to know when he's healthy so that you can re-order that pitching rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »