Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #249
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
i updated my link to make it public too - my bad on that

sucks that you can sort players alphabetically in the game - the list i compiled has all the right players but it's a pain to process them because of the sorting limitations in the game
Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #250
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything with the search..

What are you guys doing about the teams that are starting the season with a 4 man rotation. For example, I was just playing the Brewers, and they were attempting to plug Saito in as a stater. I don't follow the Brewers closely, but I'm assuming they started the season with a 4 man rotation, due to injury/days off.

I would've though that this would be something the AI could handle.. I don't really care if they have to call someone up from the minors to fill in, even if it's not what the real life team is doing. I just don't want a set up guy with practically no stamina getting the start.

Anyone else seeing problems like this? Or am I missing something here? I know that I can fix the problem with 30 team control, but I thought the AI would be able to handle this in a somewhat realistic fashion. I have a separate profile for all of the cpu teams with basically everything set to auto.. what's the best way to deal with this particular situation?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #251
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
Because there are two completely separate and different ways of going about it, and an infinite number of options/choices/decisions based on what one wants to control or care about there after.

If you read through the thread there have been several itemized descriptions on the process already. There are also a handful of threads in the general forum, as well as on the front page of the the Spring Training version outlining the process.

I feel the real issue is that many of the users asking for specific instructions have not taken the time to investigate or play around with the options, user settings, or profile options before asking a very broad question for a very detailed and itemized process. I can understand a direct question like 'where is option X located?', 'how do I create a custom profile?, or 'what happens if I leave option Y selected?'...

...yet many of the questions are more along the lines of 'how do I get everything perfect with minimal effort and not knowing where any of the the options you're referencing are located...'

I've always been one of the first guys to reach out and help others understand as much about the game / processes as I possibly can (including responding to dozens of PM's), but please do everyone that genuinely wants to help a favor by researching / searching before asking a question that has probably been answered dozens of times before.

The OS Forum has a wealth of information available. Although it may be time consuming to research or search for an answer I'm positive it is already here.
You've certainly tried to help me along with HustlinOwl but there is something I'm doing wrong and have read the entire thread and just can't find the answer and it's probably my fault. Here's what I've been doing and I hope someone can tell me what step I'm missing:

1. DL HustlinOwl's roster and save.
2. Create 2 profiles. Custom1 (me) and Custom2 (29 other teams) and have everything like lineups, rotations, etc to manual. Things like travel I set to auto
3. Start a new season with 30 team control with my team to Custom1 and 29 remaining to Custom2
4. Go to March 30 and simulate to date
5. Go to 'Manage Rosters' to add 15 players to my team and see only 25 players on MLB roster. Hit RL to 40 man roster and see only 25, hit RL again to ALL and see same, and no one on triple A roster.
6. simulate to 'end of spring training' and repeat process and have same result. ditto for start of regular season. I did this with the Custom1 profile which is also the default profile.
7. Tried to add players to other teams (still in Custton1 profile) and get the same results.

I can only find the original 25 man with no other players to add. What is this IDIOT doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Want to remind you I'm playing a season and NOT a franchise. Btw, just simulated my first regular season game and ALL lineups on ALL teams are intact but still there's only 25 man MLB rosters, 25 on 40 man, etc.

Last edited by blueduke; 04-13-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #252
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
Is this the best way to go?? Because I plan on skipping spring training and just jumping into my franchise.
Yes. Perfect.

I prefer the first paragraph, myself.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha....I'm only laughing because I was looking for a player to put the last guy in(Drese maybe?)...and I hadn't seen his name on the AAA roster and figured he might be on the shelf.
Figures.

M.K.
Knight165
Ha, considering all that you've been getting right, it's going to happen And hey, I just noticed he's pitching right now against the Yanks, he's wearing #55. I have a feeling the O's are coming back to Earth really quickly the next couple weeks. At least that's what Franchise is for!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #254
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
When simulating through Spring Training games with only 25 players and no 40-man invites then are you robbing those 15 guys of any kind of "progression" experience?
Any do you burn out your regulars by having them start and finish all those Spring Training games?
Obviously in real life it would be asinine you roll out your 25-man squad to Spring Training and play them full time.
But does the game's logic engine recognize this and "penalize" you for it in anyway?
Sorry for the repost, but I'm still looking to see if anyone knows the skinny on this?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #255
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
  1. First would be to make sure your profile user settings and a second created CPU profile have Injuries set to manual.
  2. Mode Options have your profile set to manual/auto on the GM duties you want/don't want to handle.
  3. Now Mode Options for CPU created profile would have to be manual for lineups/rotations, 40-man roster, roster moves, waivers, trades and free agency. IIRC that is all
  4. Now select a "new" franchise and load a saved roster
  5. Press "Square" to control all 30 teams, but having your main team your profile and the other 29 teams the CPU created profile.
  6. Next a screen with all kinds of options... fantasy draft, CPU ROSTER CONTROL, etc. Now make sure the CPU ROSTER CONTROL IS OFF
  7. Will automatically auto-save, next in calendar Wed March 30th, sim to date. Prompt will be spring has ended.
  8. For all teams now adjust 40 man roster, basically add the 15 players that were removed
  9. After players added to 40 man roster next would be to DL those injured players
  10. Save once more, but create a new file. I always do this just in case any objectives are missed.
  11. Now you are ready to advance to regular season and away you go.
Hustlin,

Thanks for posting this, it's very helpful. One quick question--you wrote to keep trades, roster moves, and waivers "manual" for the CPU contolled teams. Does this mean no trades will occur or just that I will be notified about any trades or waiver signings before they happen?

Thanks,
Brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #256
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

This might be a dumb question, but say you want to play the spring training games with the 40 man rosters. Has anyone compiled a list of what level of the minor leagues each of the 15 extra guys needs sent down to in order to keep the minor league level lineups in tact?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »