Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Can you set up your own custom tournament season/career?
Can you select any course to play in any tournament?
Can you use multiple courses in one tournament?
Can you add and use user-created courses in your tournaments?
Can you set the purse, the number of rounds and the cut?
Can you preset the weather, the course conditions, and the pin placement difficulty in each round of each tournament?
Can you create CPU PGA golfers and edit their abilities, and add them to your tournaments?
Can you preselect the size of the field and the specific golfers you want competing in each tournament?

All those features and options were available in past TW games. With the right edits and mods (like my updated CPU golfer file), we were once able to customize season/career mode in a way that makes the current status quo look like a kiddie's Mickey Mouse golf game in comparison.

This isn't the best career mode ever in a TW game, not even remotely close.
You did not have most of those options in ANY TW console game. Comparing the closed environment of the consoles versus PC Golf games regarding features of this nature is ludicrous at best.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #34
MVP

Quote:
As a customizable sports game, TW on the console is to "game options," what the IRS is to your pocket money: gone, goodbye, and never had it in the first place.
I'll agree to disagree. While I would like more options in the console sports games, not having them in this version doesn't hurt the experience I am receiving. Sorry you feel differently.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You did not have most of those options in ANY TW console game. Comparing the closed environment of the consoles versus PC Golf games regarding features of this nature is ludicrous at best.
Yes, it's ludicrous for anyone who is set on defending at any cost the ridiculous lack of customization features on the console version of the TW series. What you fail to point out -- given doing so would void everything you just wrote -- is that customization features in sports games have been a staple on the consoles for a dozen years. Play any 2K game for example. Or how about the PES series?

It's not ludicrous to expect EA to put these features back in the series. What is ludicrous is defending their reluctance to do so, year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #36
MVP

I am not defending EA or anyone. I am defending my opinion which I do not agree with yours. You have done nothing but slam this game with every single post and quite frankly if you hate the game so much, why do you bother posting about it? I think we all understand where you are coming from without the incessant criticisms, many of which are from a PC sports game to console game perspective and there is not a single console game I know of that has anywhere near the same customizations options as the same game on PC. Now if TW12 were a PC game, I would agree with you.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
You have done nothing but slam this game with every single post and quite frankly if you hate the game so much, why do you bother posting about it?
Ah yes Divotmaker, you run out of reasonable explanations to defend why it is this game is so lacking in customization features year after year. So you resort pulling out the old "you're slamming the game" card. Typical.

Last edited by peigone; 04-08-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #38
MVP

Feel free to troll on as it seems all you are here for is to dump on the game and now make it personal.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Feel free to troll on as it seems all you are here for is to dump on the game and now make it personal.
Okay, I'll back off now, I see your point actually. Sorry for making such a big deal of things. Just a game and all that.

Last edited by peigone; 04-08-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #40
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Can you set up your own custom season/career?
Can you select any course to play in any tournament?
Can you use multiple courses in one tournament?
Can you add select user-created courses to play in your tournaments?
Can you set the purse, the number of rounds and the cut?
Can you preset the weather, the course conditions, and the pin placement difficulty in each round of every tournament?
Can you create CPU PGA golfers and edit their abilities, and add them to your tournaments?
Can you preselect the size of the field and the specific golfers you want competing in each tournament?

All those features and options were available in past TW games. With all the user-created courses, CPU golfer mods and options that used to be available, we were once able to customize TW season/career mode in a way that makes the current setup look about as deep as Mario Bros. golf on the Gamecube.

This isn't the best career mode ever in a TW game, not even remotely close.
I don't agree w/ Divot on a lot of things when it comes to TW, but I do agree w/ him that the way you bash this game from a PC gamers' perspective instead of being rational and realizing that many of the the things you are asking for have never been present in console TW games in the past is ludicrous.

And yes, I do stand by my opinion that this is the best TW career mode I've experienced. Sorry if you disagree.

Quote:
Yes, it's ludicrous for anyone who is set on defending at any cost the ridiculous lack of customization features on the console version of the TW series. What you fail to point out -- given doing so would void everything you just wrote -- is that customization features in sports games have been a staple on the consoles for a dozen years. Play any 2K game for example. Or how about the PES series?

It's not ludicrous to expect EA to put these features back in the series. What is ludicrous is defending their reluctance to do so, year after year.
Does 2K allow you to set a salary cap? Build a stadium? Create a schedule down to the minute detail? Sure these games have customization features, and I agree that some of them do surpass TW in that area. But it's very much an apples to oranges comparison. Your distortion of the facts in numerous threads when it comes to TW on the consoles compared to TW on the PC continues to be wrong IMO. I appreciate your passion for the game, but to continue to harp on what this game doesn't have instead of appreciating the game for what it does have (do you even have the game BTW) just seems wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »