Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

Review should be titled Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: PS3 NON - MOVE review.

The game is an entirely different experience using the MOVE controller versus the controller. If you have a PS3 why bother playing this game if you don't have a move controller? The move makes this game a REAL golf game.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #50
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Who said anything about "accepting things"? And who is criticizing others who aren't? You can disagree with someone without criticizing them which is what has taken place here for the most part. If certain features that were in PC Sports games never were in console Sports games, how exactly is fair to criticize console Devs who have never had those features in their games? And since the console and PC Sports game markets ARE different, how is any comparison or analogy "apples to apples"? The analogy is "off", but I respect your opinions....
my reply wasnt directed towards you or anyone, it was just a blanket statement in general about this gen of consoles

but honestly i dont care about the PC versions, only the consoles, and we have lost many features across many games for reasons that dont seem to justify the reasons.

like i stated i have no knowledge of PC gaming....

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 04-08-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #51
Rookie

Turbo Lax 33's Arena

OVR: 3
I completely disagree with the reviewer. This is a solid golf game. I have played many golf games in my life and many TW golf games. This is as solid of an experience as I have played.

I simply disable the caddie and use my own shots. Yes, the caddie is still there and I can easily see what he recommends but I have chosen to ignore the caddie in almost all scenarios.

Is the game perfect, heck no but is it a 6.5, hell no! I am enjoying the game immensely and am about to embark on the PGA tour. This weekend though, it's all about the Masters. I have played the first two rounds and have found the game to be extremely challenging.

If you're on the fence about whether or not to purchase the game please don't base your opinion solely on the review by the OS guy or the score he gave. Rent it, download the demo, whatever but it's a game worth giving a chance to, especially if you enjoy video game golf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #52
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

The problem with turning off the caddy is that you don't have enough info to make the shot yourself (yardage to the pin, elevation, etc). If it is a relatively flat shot you can do ok with what they give you but with elevation, planning your own shot is difficult. With the true aim camera it is impossible to judge elevation (at least for me).
Old 04-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #53
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Some like the game some don't. Why does it matter?
I have fun with the game but still realize it's got room for improvement and won't appeal to everyone.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #54
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Some like the game some don't. Why does it matter?
I have fun with the game but still realize it's got room for improvement and won't appeal to everyone.
I usually don't put too much stock into reviews and tend to go more on impressions from folks here than anything. But some people do look at reviews, and OS in particular, as a gauge of how good the game is. Overall I don't think this review was a fair representation of what the game presents. He gave it too much flak b/c he didn't like the caddy feature, and either didn't mention or didn't review other elements of the game that are improved from years past, such as the ability to control AI score in career mode.

And seeing as how it's labeled a PS3 review, awfully strange that there's only one line devoted to the PS3 Move component of the game. Like I said, OS is usually pretty fair with the reviews, which is one of the reasons why I love this place. But it just seemed like to me either the reviewer isn't a big fan of golf games in general or was just rushing to get this one done and over with and move onto the next game, which is not what I expected from a review under the new system.

Other than that, I do agree with your general sentiment.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
What this franchise has always needed is a pulse. Where are the roars when players(player and CPU) make birdie/eagle? If I'm on the 12th green let me hear distant roars from 14th green...etc. There should be cut shots in between your shots to other players(CPU) when they make birdie and or struggle. Show the scoreboards changing to reflect current simulated tournaments you are playing. Change your gallery size depending on your performance. Have the announcers acknowledge the other golfers play and scores already posted. Maybe some cut scenes to past tournament winners. Come on EA! You are close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #56
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
This is the first golf game I've owned on my PS3 so I don't suffer from any comparison issues. Having said that, I think the game is great and deserves a higher rating than a 6.5, but I don't care so much about the rating as it doesn't mean I enjoy it any less.

I really enjoy the caddie. All you have to do is push a button to turn it off, so I don't see what the problem is. Yes, if you use the caddie, it tells you where and how to swing (and with what club). Sure it would be nice to have options on how much information the caddie provided, however it hardly takes that much from the game.

If we're going to complain about where the caddy tells us the ball is going, then the same person should also believe it's not "realistic" to have an indicator on the game showing where your shot could land. Or...maybe the game shouldn't even tell you how far you can hit the ball with each specific club.

My point is, where do you draw the line.

Just play the game and have fun. I know I'll have no problem doing so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »