Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters Review (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
realizing that many of the the things you are asking for have never been present in console TW games in the past is ludicrous.
I will never understand that perspective, sorry. There have been many, MANY console games over the past decade that have offered deep season/career/franchise and CPU opponent customization options. To say that it's ludicrous to expect the TW series to do the same, is, well, a ludicrous counter-argument IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #42
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm not saying it is right, but many of those features have disappeared from many sports games since the 360/ps3 generation.

Tiger isn't the only game to lose a bunch of features this generation.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #43
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I'm not saying it is right, but many of those features have disappeared from many sports games since the 360/ps3 generation.

Tiger isn't the only game to lose a bunch of features this generation.
Exactly, and some of the things he's talking about (complete customization of schedule, create a stadium, etc) are only feasible on the PC for all games. Compare the customization options for the PC version of NBA 2K11 to those of the console version. It's one thing to argue that these things should be in, but when certain things have never been in for the console version of ANY game is a flawed argument.

And for what it's worth this years game does add more customization than in the past when it comes to AI scoring, allowing DLC in career mode (even if it's not a perfect solution), and amt of rounds for career mode.

And then there are factors like individual sports games vs team sports games, etc that make it hard to take your argument that a certain level of customization should be in just b/c it's in team sports games at face value.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
I will never understand that perspective, sorry. There have been many, MANY console games over the past decade that have offered deep season/career/franchise and CPU opponent customization options. To say that it's ludicrous to expect the TW series to do the same, is, well, a ludicrous counter-argument IMO.
It is not surprising that you do not understand the console perspective. You seem to be stuck thinking that console sports games should be just as customizable as PC Sports games and that just is not going to happen in large part due to market demographics. The console games are targeted to the younger audiences as well as many who just want to jump in and play a quick game. The consoles have NEVER tried to emulate the customization options that PC games have because the audience is not crying out for it in large numbers. If there were a large and loud cry out for such features in console sports games, the Developers would listen and react to that feedback. You seem to think that because these features are not in console games that the Devs and Publishers are lazy or not caring and that could not be further from the truth. They create games that appeal to the widest possible audience and hardcore simulation users who want to tweak and customize every aspect of their game is a very small % of that audience. If this were not the case, then you would be seeing the options you mention because the market would be demanding it and in this and the vast majority of console sports games, the largest segment of the market is NOT demanding it.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #45
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

i have never played video games on the computer b4 so i do not pretend to know exactly what options are available for the computer that are just not feasable on the consoles, but the fact remains that insofar as what we had available to us on the consoles we did lose alot of options with this generation of consoles that we had b4.

EX: in Madden 05, you had the option to create your own plays, had the option to upgrade your stadium in the off-season and then see those upgrades visually the next time you played the game. yo uhad the option to set consession and parking prices etc...

in TW (original xbox), you used to be able to create your own courses, pick the color of the trees, the bunkers, the fairway, have more courses for free...etc.

like i said because i never played on the PC i dont fully understand capacity of the gentleman's arguements versus the options on the consoles...but to some degree im guessin it boils down to someting like this and this doesnt just apply to tiger but to many of the sports games this generation esp EA's

how could i used to have something and then that something be taken away from me, and yet while its being taken away from me im being lead to believe that i've never had it or that having it was essential to enjoying the experiences so just get over it.

now for some people the getting over it part is easier than it is for other, however let me throw this anology out there for everyone because to me this is what this gen of games and done to some degree

Let's say you have a GF or a wife and one yr she just stops sleeping with you as much as she used to, now your relationship is still works in a functional manner and she's even gotten better as a person in some regards...but you still have alot of desires that used to be fullfill that are not being fullfill now to your liking....for some ppl this could be a sticking point that ends a relationship while others can get over it and move on and appreciate the other improvements she has made in life...

How would you handle these circumstance? (a self question, no need to answer it to the boards)

i guess what im saying is some folks just cant understand the logic of why you used to have certain feature in games on the last generation that we just dont have anymore on this generation, yet the reason we dont have them just doesnt seem good enuf to justify not having them. and like i said i guess there are others who can just accept that those features are not a part of this generation of sports gaming and get on with it...

but there's a part of me that thinks that the folks who have accepted things should not be critisizing the folks who cant get over it; because these are the folks who are most likely going to get said features back....

sorry if the anology is off, i think it applys tho

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 04-08-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #46
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

also i see that alot of folks disagree with the review, so what is the conclusion here from those that disagree...

bottom line, regardless of the review, is the game worth the price of purchase or not?

and is it against the board policies for someone is unbias to post a more accurately reflecting review?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 04-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
but there's a part of me that thinks that the folks who have accepted things should not be critisizing the folks who cant get over it; because these are the folks who are most likely going to get said features back....

sorry if the anology is off, i think it applys tho
Who said anything about "accepting things"? And who is criticizing others who aren't? You can disagree with someone without criticizing them which is what has taken place here for the most part. If certain features that were in PC Sports games never were in console Sports games, how exactly is fair to criticize console Devs who have never had those features in their games? And since the console and PC Sports game markets ARE different, how is any comparison or analogy "apples to apples"? The analogy is "off", but I respect your opinions....
Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #48
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Meterless putting is lunacy with a tiny thumbstick. 10 feet on the green is tiny millimeters of pressure on the stick. I could go out on a PGA Tour Green for real and do better.
This is my biggest complaint with the putting. To make the short putts I'm barely even moving the analog stick. They need to remap the putt swing in a way that makes sense that
has more movement or something. Links 2004 still has the better swing but I found the putting in that a little difficult for short putts as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »