Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #945
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuhlman1
Also I was wondering if there was anyone that was going to fix the problem with every team having several older lifetime minor leaguers that are A potentials because they had to be created. The way I understand it these guys don't progress as much as other A's but I feel this is a little bit of a problem in franchise mode as the teams that own these players are hesitant to put them in trades, take them off their 40 man rosters, etc whereas in real life this wouldn't be the case.

An easy way to fix this is just to download the most recent SCEA roster and use the made up minor league players, edit some of them with C and D potentials and then export those players and import them into the OSFM replacing those players that are A's and shouldn't be. I realize this could be a lengthy process and I am willing to help with it if need be. Or you could do thise same thing and create different players that are in the minors for these teams and export them into the OSFM and get rid of the undeserving A potential guys completely as almost none of them will sniff the majors again or make a contribution. I was just wondering if anyone was going to attack this or am I the only one that's really bothered by this?
No need to do that. I just downloaded the new online roster and exported about 10 players. Colon, Hannrahan etc... to test and guess what works like a champ. You get potential, face, and mlb experience as well as contract. I'll go through and do all when Knight has a complete opening day set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #946
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Knight, Padres released all their minor league rosters, David Newhan and Mike Koplove don't appear to be found on any of them. Not sure where they are but just a heads up.
Found this on Baseball America's weekly transactions list.

San Diego Padres
Released:
RHP Alessio Angelucci, RHP Dexter Carter, RHP Geoff Geary, RHP Mike Koplove, RHP Rod Scurry, C Justin Echevarria, 2B Kevin Frandsen, OF Kellen Kulbacki, OF Oscar Salazar, OF Houston Slemp, OF Gunnar Terhune
Traded: RHP Erik Davis to Nationals for SS Alberto Gonzalez
Traded: 1B Allan Dykstra to Mets for RHP Eddie Kunz
Recalled: RHP Samuel Deduno, OF Cedric Hunter
Optioned to Triple-A: LHP Wade LeBlanc, SS Everth Cabrera, OF Aaron Cunningham

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...22/#more-11198
Old 04-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #947
Rookie

OVR: 2

Knight, just a couple of changes for the Nationals roster.

Tyler Walker is a free agent
Kevin Mench is a free agent
Joe Bisonius was released
Jonathan Van Every was released
Ryan Mattheus is on the free agent list but is playing for Harrisburg AA for the Nationals

If you want suggestions who to replace the players with feel free to ask. Otherwise thank you and the rest for an outstanding roster.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #948
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Knight, since you CAN export players from 4/4/11 update, is there any advantage or difference to exporting Bartolo Colon?

The announcers say his name is "Bart Colon" in your rosters, do they actually say BARTOLO in the SCEA Roster? If so can you export him from that and put SCEAs Colon in your final roster?

Small thing but just wondering.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #949
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
No need to do that. I just downloaded the new online roster and exported about 10 players. Colon, Hannrahan etc... to test and guess what works like a champ. You get potential, face, and mlb experience as well as contract. I'll go through and do all when Knight has a complete opening day set.
I just did that as well for the players that were added in the 4/4 roster. It worked out great however there are still several that need changed. For instance in one of the franchises I had I was just testing and the Tampa Bay rays would not trade me 31 year old 2b rey olmedo for Brandon Phillips!! just because olmedo was an A potential. I guess to me this is an issue and was wondering if anyone is going to address this in time for the opening day release. Knight is this going to be addressed? Just wondering because if not I am going to fix it myself on my own rosters. It will take a little time but I'm a perfectionist lol. Let me know thanks!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #950
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you again, Knight and everyone who helped out with the rosters. They were amazing! There were a few small things that were missing, as in a few players and such, but that could easily be fixed, I'm sure. I'm going to take this time to post a few things that I've noticed on the Philadelphia Phillies roster and a few other things. Hopefully you can fix/add them!

Recent transactions: Atlanta Braves sign Scott Proctor; Philadelphia Phillies release Dan Meyer; Baltimore Orioles release Danny (Daniel) Figueroa; Kansas City Royals sign Jeff Suppan; Cleveland Indians release Preston Mattingly; Atlanta Braves release Brett DeVall

Now... on to the Phillies...

AAA and AA rosters were released. There are pretty many of those players missing from the game, so here are the links.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/d...ster4211.2.pdf (AAA roster)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/d...r_(4-4-11).pdf (AA roster)

Lineups (I believe this is for both right-handed pitchers and left-handed ones):

CF: Victorino
3B: Polanco
SS: Rollins
1B: Howard
LF: Ibanez
RF: Francisco
C: Ruiz
2B: Valdez
P: Pitcher

Oh, and Drew Carpenter is a starting pitcher whereas he's a relief pitcher in the game. Ross Gload is a right-fielder, but plays first base every now and then. Delwyn Young is technically a right-fielder, but plays center-field in The Show. That's about it. Thanks again for the incredible roster updates.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #951
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
I created a spreadsheet of all the players to DL and add back to the 40 man rosters if you're using Hustling Owl's 25 man version of these rosters.

Can this link be added to the first post?

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-5...thkey=CPyP7-wC
thanks! that'll be a big help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #952
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Knight, since you CAN export players from 4/4/11 update, .
I was kinda wondering if you were going export/replace the 32 guys created for the 4/4 rosters. I've looked back a few pages and didn't see a definitive answer.

If anybody else knows the answer or I missed something obvious from and earlier post go ahead and criticize but be kind enough to say yes or no.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »