Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #937
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Knight, keep in mind when making the minor league rosters, AAA teams are allowed 24 players, AA 23 after a month here, however they are allowed 12 or so backups. Only 24 and 23 can be active. You maybe know this, but to other people as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #938
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
Seriously?
Create 2 different profiles, one for you and one for the other 29 teams.
Set up each of those profiles however you'd like. Start with Manual and then change it back to Auto later once you have the regular season started.
Actually, you won't want to change it back to AUTO after the season starts, then you'll miss the injury/40 man notifications that happen in-season (and lineups/rosters will become a wreck.)
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #939
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
This year I was determined to just use SCEA rosters. I spent all last year starting my franchise over and over every time a new roster came out. And I was disappointed, feeling that my Giants farm system was always under-rated and would take too long to progress.

This year I figured I'd wait until the opening day SCEA roster came out and added Brandon Belt. I downloaded it today. Belt was lower rated than I expected and had a pretty generic look and stance. So I downloaded OSFM just to take a look.

Holy cow! This roster this year is amazing. Knight and company, you have completely outdone yourselves. I couldn't believe how much better the minor league rankings look this year. The faces, stances, everything... just amazing. I know the Giants system pretty well, and I have to say, whoever did that team nailed it.

Thanks so much for the wonderful job you all did this year. I couldn't be happier.

Just wondering, what is on tap for future releases? Is there a final OSFM roster to come out before people start on with the pitch/ratings edits for SCEA players?

Thanks again!
Thanks.....the guys really did do a tremendous job. That was juicer who did S.F. Really nice.
I think JaSnake is going to try and tackle SCEA edits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
Nick Green(I have him with Baltimore) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Clay Rapada(Bal) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Chad Coredero(Bal) - Sent to Toronto AAA on 3/27 (rehabing shoulder)
Brian Stokes(Tor) - Looks like he was released by Toronto
Merkin Valdez(Tor) - Last week he was competing for spot on Dodgers AAA roster
Scott Posednick(Tor) - With Blue Jays still, has injured foot (return unknown)
Jason Bergmann(Bos) - Showed at Red Sox camp with shoulder injury. His minor league contract was voided. He's a Free Agent and has no prospects on horizon.
Dallas McPherson(ChiA) - Cut on 3/22 by White Sox. Appears he was released.
Steve Holm(Minn) - Catching for the Baltimore AAA team. (expected to split time with Rene Rivera)
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSpalehoseCWS
I haven't heard anything about McPherson being released. I expect him to be in Triple-A for the Sox, especially because there isn't anyone to play 3B at that level. No way that Jon Gilmore skips Double-A. Next few days we should find out for sure though.
I'll wait on McPherson...at any rate...I was just going to FA these players not delete them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Knight, Padres released all their minor league rosters, David Newhan and Mike Koplove don't appear to be found on any of them. Not sure where they are but just a heads up.
I'll keep an eye on that when I get to S.D.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
I created a spreadsheet of all the players to DL and add back to the 40 man rosters if you're using Hustling Owl's 25 man version of these rosters.

Can this link be added to the first post?

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-5...thkey=CPyP7-wC
Will do!...Thank you!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #940
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Cubs minor league rosters set

http://www.kcci.com/r/27426954/detail.html

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/164...ing-Day-roster
Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #941
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Just transactions....but I saw you wanted me to look at a player...who is it again...I'll adjust him. I can't go on a wholesale change though...and don't forget to take into account...these players were rated....not against other minor league players..but if they were to go against MLB players.
Ok Thanks for clearing that up for me. There were just a couple reds players I thought should be tweaked b/c I felt there overall franchise rank was way too low. Dave Sappelt and Mesoraco should be rated as only a year or less away from the majors. Cincy's beat writer and others have all said they will both be sniffing the majors this season. Sappelt hit .342 last year in the minors and went through 3 levels. Mesoraco also progressed through 3 levels and would probably be on the major league team if the reds cathers werent as productive and if you look at a guy like Hank Conger for instance he is rated much higher than Mesoraco and many prospect rankings have Mesoraco rated much higher. If you could at least look at those two guys and consider them I would appreciate it.

Last edited by kkuhlman1; 04-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #942
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Srudoff...Thanks for putting this together. Stupid question but I take it not all teams fill their 40 man roster? First thing I noticed is most teams on your list didn't have 15 players listed.
This is due to several reasons, namely DL assignments and the players that may have been placed on the DL prior to openeing day currently on Hustlin's 25 man, as well as players being added to the 40 man after the last roster release.

An example would be Jeremy Reed of the Milwaukee Brewers, he took the 40th spot on the 40 man on March 31st.

At any rate, Studoff it's a great exercise, and one I'll be doing following the next roster / Hustlin release. The only missing piece is to annotate the length of DL assignments for manually injuring said players.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #943
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also I was wondering if there was anyone that was going to fix the problem with every team having several older lifetime minor leaguers that are A potentials because they had to be created. The way I understand it these guys don't progress as much as other A's but I feel this is a little bit of a problem in franchise mode as the teams that own these players are hesitant to put them in trades, take them off their 40 man rosters, etc whereas in real life this wouldn't be the case.

An easy way to fix this is just to download the most recent SCEA roster and use the made up minor league players, edit some of them with C and D potentials and then export those players and import them into the OSFM replacing those players that are A's and shouldn't be. I realize this could be a lengthy process and I am willing to help with it if need be. Or you could do thise same thing and create different players that are in the minors for these teams and export them into the OSFM and get rid of the undeserving A potential guys completely as almost none of them will sniff the majors again or make a contribution. I was just wondering if anyone was going to attack this or am I the only one that's really bothered by this?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #944
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
Actually, you won't want to change it back to AUTO after the season starts, then you'll miss the injury/40 man notifications that happen in-season (and lineups/rosters will become a wreck.)

See this is why I am confused. Once the season starts what should I do? I am sure this is a stupid question but I tried everything I could to make sure my team was manual while all other teams were on auto but I could not find a way to do that.

If it's as simple as making my team Custom profile 1 and make all the other teams custom 2 then that is what I will do but I haven't found a way to get confirmation all the other teams really are on auto.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »