Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #921
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
My questions are: If I use these rosters and only control one team, let the CPU control the rest, what happens to the CPU rosters? Will they automatically fill the 40 man at the end of spring training or in the first offseason? The lineups will be messed up correct (ex. Pujols leading off)?

Thanks!
Yes. The CPU will fill the 40 man per whatever algorithm it uses, and also arrange the CPU batting orders as it sees fit.

This is all on page 1 in Knight's conveniently written first post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #922
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone420
I appreciate these roster. The creators are awesome. That said, I do have some constuctive criticism.

1. Why is there so many "A" rated user created players? Some of these guys are like 33 to 39 years old and there is no way they should have "A" potential. For example, Casey Fossum on NY Mets is like 33 years old and in real life he is probably at most a "C" rated player but somehow in these rosters he is rated "A". There any many of these kinds on players on 2/3 of the teams and I had to remove all of them based on unrealistic player ratings.
I think someone mentioned you can export SCEA created players...so maybe this will work for the players you mentioned above? If that's the case it'll take you about 10 minutes to "fix."
Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #923
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

This year I was determined to just use SCEA rosters. I spent all last year starting my franchise over and over every time a new roster came out. And I was disappointed, feeling that my Giants farm system was always under-rated and would take too long to progress.

This year I figured I'd wait until the opening day SCEA roster came out and added Brandon Belt. I downloaded it today. Belt was lower rated than I expected and had a pretty generic look and stance. So I downloaded OSFM just to take a look.

Holy cow! This roster this year is amazing. Knight and company, you have completely outdone yourselves. I couldn't believe how much better the minor league rankings look this year. The faces, stances, everything... just amazing. I know the Giants system pretty well, and I have to say, whoever did that team nailed it.

Thanks so much for the wonderful job you all did this year. I couldn't be happier.

Just wondering, what is on tap for future releases? Is there a final OSFM roster to come out before people start on with the pitch/ratings edits for SCEA players?

Thanks again!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #924
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Questions;
Where are they now!?

Nick Green(I have him with Baltimore)
Clay Rapada(Bal)
Chad Coredero(Bal)
Brian Stokes(Tor)
Merkin Valdez(Tor)
Scott Posednick(Tor)
Jason Bergmann(Bos)
Dallas McPherson(ChiA)
Steve Holm(Minn)

I just don't want to start overwriting these guys...and creating new ones...can't get them back otherwise.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #925
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
Jesus guys. It's on the first page...

3.-The obvious....wait until DAY 1 of the regular season and set the CPU team lineups/rotations....they will stay and only be changed for fatigue.....be aware...you will have to reset them due to injuries for the CPU teams...
So there really is no simple way to to do this then lol.

Last edited by BlingBling19; 04-04-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #926
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nick Green(I have him with Baltimore) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Clay Rapada(Bal) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Chad Coredero(Bal) - Sent to Toronto AAA on 3/27 (rehabing shoulder)
Brian Stokes(Tor) - Looks like he was released by Toronto
Merkin Valdez(Tor) - Last week he was competing for spot on Dodgers AAA roster
Scott Posednick(Tor) - With Blue Jays still, has injured foot (return unknown)
Jason Bergmann(Bos) - Showed at Red Sox camp with shoulder injury. His minor league contract was voided. He's a Free Agent and has no prospects on horizon.
Dallas McPherson(ChiA) - Cut on 3/22 by White Sox. Appears he was released.
Steve Holm(Minn) - Catching for the Baltimore AAA team. (expected to split time with Rene Rivera)
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #927
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
Nick Green(I have him with Baltimore) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Clay Rapada(Bal) - Appears to be in AAA for Baltimore
Chad Coredero(Bal) - Sent to Toronto AAA on 3/27 (rehabing shoulder)
Brian Stokes(Tor) - Looks like he was released by Toronto
Merkin Valdez(Tor) - Last week he was competing for spot on Dodgers AAA roster
Scott Posednick(Tor) - With Blue Jays still, has injured foot (return unknown)
Jason Bergmann(Bos) - Showed at Red Sox camp with shoulder injury. His minor league contract was voided. He's a Free Agent and has no prospects on horizon.
Dallas McPherson(ChiA) - Cut on 3/22 by White Sox. Appears he was released.
Steve Holm(Minn) - Catching for the Baltimore AAA team. (expected to split time with Rene Rivera)
I haven't heard anything about McPherson being released. I expect him to be in Triple-A for the Sox, especially because there isn't anyone to play 3B at that level. No way that Jon Gilmore skips Double-A. Next few days we should find out for sure though.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #928
Rookie

OVR: 1

http://archive.chicagobreakingsports...rson-gray.html

Is the latest news but he may end up in AAA as their current roster does not reflect any 3rd basemen.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »