Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #849
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I had no problem extending players with Roster Control. Here's what I did:

1. Load your roster(Knight's)
2. Go to Roster Control
3. Go to Player Movement
4. Pick the player you want to switch(I used Drew Stubbs)and a bad player in one of the 3 FA lists. Put your player in FA and the bad player on your roster.
5. Press square to auto fix the roster before you leave roster control.You may have to fix lineups later.
6. Save the roster once you've put all the players you want to re-sign in FA (i called mine R.
7. Start a new franchise with the R roster(or whatever you want to name it)
8. Go to FA once your franchise starts. Cut the bad player and sign your player in FA. Drew Stubbs was in FA and I was able to sign him to a 6 year, 17.88 million dollar deal.

It'll work for franchise, but I don't think it'll work for RTTS.I'll look at Roster Control and see if I can figure out a workaround for RTTS.
This will be a long process if you want to make all those contracts accurate.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 04-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #850
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

I narrowed down the 40 man roster for all teams to 25. I did this so that when I set lineups and rotations they won't shuffle after ending spring training in franchise mode.

I'm wondering if there is a way to let the CPU optimize the minor league rosters, for I don't really care if the minor league rosters are identical to real life. I'm using 30 team control and the only mode options I have set to manual are lineups/rotations, 40 man, and injury management. By having roster moves set to auto, I thought maybe the CPU would reshuffle the AAA and AA rosters after spring training but this isn't the case. In another test I tried setting lineups/rotations and 40 man to auto and the CPU still didn't promote/demote anybody in the minor leagues. Is this because the CPU only makes promotions and demotions when an injury occurs?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #851
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Knight another little accessory change for the Reds. No big deal if you include it or not. I guess Brandon Phillips changes his look every game lol because the first two games he had the high socks but today he has the low pants again. However, Aroldis Chapman does not have the high stirrup socks, he wears the low pants. Again, not a big deal and it's easy for us to change but I just thought I'd let you know. Your call if you want to include it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #852
MVP

OVR: 26

No, there's no way to extend players with roster control in RTTS that I can see. I was able to put the selected player in FA and keep the bad player on the roster, but you can't sign FA in RTTS. You might be able to use Import Player to import a player with the correct contract, and edit them into the player you want, but I have my doubts about that.

Scott, it took me about 15 minutes to do that with Drew Stubbs. I expect it would take 30 minutes to extend all the players on a 1 year deal on your favorite team. It's mostly switching players in roster control, cutting the substituted players, and signing them out of FA. It doesn't take long to do 1 team, but it might take a long time if you want to do it for all 30 teams.There's no problem extending players, but it might be difficult if you want to make the contracts accurate to real life.

Last edited by Mike3207; 04-03-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #853
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Hey Knight another little accessory change for the Reds. No big deal if you include it or not. I guess Brandon Phillips changes his look every game lol because the first two games he had the high socks but today he has the low pants again. However, Aroldis Chapman does not have the high stirrup socks, he wears the low pants. Again, not a big deal and it's easy for us to change but I just thought I'd let you know. Your call if you want to include it.
Some players keep the same gear throughout a season, some have a certain pattern that you can follow and manually edit if you really care, and some players are just utterly random and can't be kept up with. Theres really nothing that can be done with a Brand Phillips.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #854
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
That's how I'm doing it Hustlin and I'm coming up w/ one yr deals as well...this used to work last year from what I recall.
I've had some luck, but it's been hit or miss. Having to go to the 3rd page of free agents and I go way down the list to a random guy and swap them and then swap back.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #855
Rookie

OVR: 1

In Franchise mode, if i use 30 team control, can i have it so that the computer will still make their own trades? i want to start a franchise with the Jays but i like playing the odd game or two with other teams. I also want the computer to wheel and deal throughout the season. Keeps things interesting for me. So is there anyway for me to have the best of both worlds?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #856
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afslapshot
In Franchise mode, if i use 30 team control, can i have it so that the computer will still make their own trades? i want to start a franchise with the Jays but i like playing the odd game or two with other teams. I also want the computer to wheel and deal throughout the season. Keeps things interesting for me. So is there anyway for me to have the best of both worlds?
This interests me too.
I want the CPU to make reasonable trades without going overboard.
It starts looking like the fantasy draft after the first year.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »