Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #625
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Sorry to go a bit off topic, why is Knight and Roster being written like this: *****?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #626
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscenter22
Thanks alot for that post, I agree with the moves you were posting.

When reg season starts, wont i have to redo the line-ups to what I like? I tried the 25 man rosters but I guess I was doing something wrong.
So I just re-did the Yankees r o s t e r, I did mlb aaa aa and a, And I know this has been addresses numerous times, but i cant for the like of me figure out how to get the rosters and line-ups to stay intact after spring training.

I have tried the 30 team control also. I guess ill try hustlin's 25 man, but then ill have to re-do all my yankee edits.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #627
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Thanks alot for that post, I agree with the moves you were posting.

When reg season starts, wont i have to redo the line-ups to what I like? I tried the 25 man rosters but I guess I was doing something wrong.
Yes. But it's YOUR team, and easy to change.

I like making my own lineups anyway, so no biggie.

Personally, emphasis on the 'personal,' I prefer the 40 man version. This way, the CPU teams will have a full 40 once the season starts, otherwise they will only add them when injuries occur throughout the season.

I also don't care if the CPU lineups shuffle. Seriously, I could care less. Year 2, they're gonna change ANYWAY. The benefits of the 40 man far outweigh the benefits of the 25 man, in MY opinion.

Now that the P A T C H is addressing the trade logic for 30 man franchises (from how I understand Ramone Russell's post), I prefer to run a 30 team controlled franchise (YOUR profile attached to NYY, and a second profile with roster setting set to AUTO for the other 29 teams). This way, I can step in and handle business for the CPU...like trades, etc...but let them handle themselves, for the most part, day in and day out.

Remember to sim all games on the schedule before you play yours, for the day of, in order to see the games progress on the in-game ticker.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #628
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
So I just re-did the Yankees r o s t e r, I did mlb aaa aa and a, And I know this has been addresses numerous times, but i cant for the like of me figure out how to get the rosters and line-ups to stay intact after spring training.

I have tried the 30 team control also. I guess ill try hustlin's 25 man, but then ill have to re-do all my yankee edits.
I'm telling you from experience. As much as I admire and respect the 25 man/lineup workaround, the hassle of handling all the rosters simply for a few weeks of 'correct' lineups is not worth it.

It's not anyone's fault that the CPU doesn't appropriately add the remaining 15 players themselves. It's just the nature of the beast. My suggestion would be to use the 40 man version.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 04-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #629
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I'm telling you from experience. As much as I admire and respect the 25 man/lineup workaround, the hassle of handling all the rosters simply for a few weeks of 'correct' lineups is not worth it.

It's not anyone's fault that the CPU doesn't appropriately add the remaining 15 players themselves. It's just the nature of the beast. My suggestion would be to use the 40 man version.

Ok sounds good, thank you for your help.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #630
Rookie

sportscenter22's Arena

Quote:
Ok sounds good, thank you for your help.
1 thing i forgot to ask you. SO you set your line-up after spring training, then let the cpu teams jumble. So in your chise guys like strassburg and wainwright are back in MLB correct? If so I guess all that matters is my team being right.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #631
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry to go a bit off topic, why is Knight and Roster being written like this: *****?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #632
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Does anyone else find it ironic, that this poster wants all the ducks in a row...spot on perfect....yet his post(which took two minutes to type) is one of the sloppiest in this thread!?
Sorry....

M.K.
Haha yes! However, I don't, think, that enough, commas, were used,. Wow, it took me a half hour to get through his post and i wasn't even answering his questions lol. As for the lineups being complained about I think everyone just needs to chill out. You have already said that this isn't the opening day set. Also, to put this in perspective a little bit, "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN said this morning that Terry Francona used 143 different lineups last year alone. So a lot of the time managers don't even know their own lineups until gameday. Let's just all enjoy this roster set and appreciate all the hard work that went into them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »