Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude106
Marlins rated lower than the Mets? Are you kidding me? /facepalm
Yes, the Marlins at least have to be somewhere in the 1x's and definitley higher than the Mets...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #122
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

Ok...both my teams this year are in the same position...

Orioles

&

Cubs

Gonna be a tough season - a lot of timely base hits, & surprising pitching outings hopefully is in my video gaming future. Work those sticks!
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0
the philies should be 5th or even maybe a little lower all they got is good pitching and overated batters
honestly if howard isnt hitting homeruns hes striking out
Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #124
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Marlins should be 12-16 somwhere in that range
Old 03-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal
What last year showed was good pitching beats good hitting.
No, what last year showed was that when a team has the magic, nothing will get in its way.

The Giants had a special ora that almost every championship team has had. Everything went right for them. Look at Game 6 in Philly. Sanchez absolutely imploded and had a meltdown right in the middle of arguably the best home field in baseball, couldn't get out of the 3rd inning, and they STILL won the game on the bat of none-other-than Juan Uribe, who hit a nasty, say again, nasty changeup away, after seeing 2 straight heaters inside, to the opposite field. What that means is he was LATE on a changeup, and still muscled it out. When was the last time Uribe hit anything the other way, let alone a opposite-field homerun. That is what happens when you have the karma, the magic, the mojo, whatever it is. It was what the Giants had last year and it was unstoppable.

Now for rankings, they are always awful, so whatever. In '09 after the Phillies won the series, they were ranked 4th overall, behind the 1. Red Sox, who were beaten y Tampa Bay in the ALCS, 2. Yankees who didn't even make the playoffs, and 3. Cubs who were SWEPT by the Dodgers in the NLDS.
The Rays ranked 7th after being in the World Series, behind the Mets and Angels.

The Giants should be #1 since they won the series and didn't lose anyone of consequence.

After that, the rest of the top 4 is probably right, but maybe not in that order. The Yankee lineup is ridiculous and they have maybe the best player in the league in Cano. The Red Sox lineup is also beast and their pitching could be close to the Giants and Phillies. The Rangers, well they're young, fast, and have a great lineup, but I don't know about their pitching.

I would go Giants - Phillies - Red Sox - Rangers - Yankees

And yes, I'm a Phils fan, but I'm being totally objective here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #126
Crunchy

Mabster's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
The Giants should be #1 since they won the series and didn't lose anyone of consequence.
Except the game 6 savior himself and the World Series MVP.

I'm just sayin...
Old 03-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabster
Except the game 6 savior himself and the World Series MVP.

I'm just sayin...
The fact that Uribe was game 6 savior and Renteria was WS MVP is proof that they had the mojo working overtime.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:13 PM   #128
Rookie

B-Man1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerex41
the philies should be 5th or even maybe a little lower all they got is good pitching and overated batters
honestly if howard isnt hitting homeruns hes striking out
Ummm...even with ALL the injuries the Phillies had to deal with they still won 97 games last year...most in babseball...Yea they lost Werth who batted a whopping 0.157 with runners in scoring position and 0.333 with no one on base so they lose some home runs but it's not like they are going to need to score over 5 runs to win most of the time anyway...Phils have 4 pitchers that will go atleast 7 which leaves two good setup men in Contreras and Madson in the 8th with a spotty closer in Lidge.

Red Sox bullpen is horrible and they didn't upgrade...Yankees have 1 ace...1....forget about their bullpen which will be coming out in the 4th most of the time...

Giants were a product of what the Phillies were in 2008. Everything that needed to go their way to win the WS did. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »