Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 3
Things I would Love to see added in MLB 11 (Front Office Wise)

Don't get me wrong I love playing games, my Franchises I never simulate one game I always have to play all 162 games and all the playoffs game, however one thing I love, and am passionate about is the front office stuff. I think MLB 10 the show improved a lot which was great making arbitration available and all was really a neat feature. I think they could still add even more and make it a lot more fun.

Things I think would be cool:
-10-5 Clause/No Trade Clause- there have been games that had this, I think they would have to work a bit on it because you wouldn't want the player to always say no to every trade you tried doing that could get annoying too, but have it out there.
-Make Negotiations with Japanese players more real life like. Like the whole bidding process and then trying to offer a contract, I think this would be really cool since in the game you pretty much only get Asian players through the draft picks if I'm not mistaken.
-Incentives- I think this would be another great addition, so much could be done use incentives for players salaries to go up based on season performances, while others would activate a player option like in real life.
-Better trade negotiations a little like OOPB where teams might get back to you saying they would be more interested if you threw in this player, or that player, etc...
-Add in a player to be named, I think it can work in NHL games you can trade draft picks so I think it could be similar.
-Also add in cash considerations
-Luxury Tax- I play as the Yankees so chances are I would have to pay a lot of them but I still think it would be really cool to have it.
-Better negotiations with players, like for example if you made them an offer and they didn't like it much their agent sends you mail telling you how your offer can improve.

Wouldn't have to be all of those things but some would be nice, regardless I love how the Front Office stuff is right now but I think it would be even more fun with some of those additions.

Sorry if a thread of this has already been made

Teams For Life:
MLB:New York Yankees
NHL:New York Rangers
Football(Soccer):F.C. Porto
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #282
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Things I would Love to see added in MLB 11 (Front Office Wise)

Good suggestions, I like them all. I really like the one about incentives. For a gamer who like to play every game this would be great. And for your simmers this may intrigue them to actually play out more games because they will be playing for something instead of leaving it up to the computer.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #283
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I see someone has been playing a lot of Out of the Park Baseball!!

Yes...I too would love all of those additions.
Add in a player search and to me maybe the one thing that would really help out the GM portion of the game....a trade difficulty "slider".
One other thing I also think would help the franchise portion of the game is the ability to edit the team budgets(at any time during the franchise)
While ALL portions of the game get attention every year...I think it see-saws from heavy on franchise(last year) to gameplay/graphics(at least that's the way it seems to me).....so we'll have to compile a good list for Kolbe and Co. to add to the franchise mode.
The fact that they pay attention to our requests has me encouraged for additions like these.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #284
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Add in a player search and to me maybe the one thing that would really help out the GM portion of the game....a trade difficulty "slider".
One other thing I also think would help the franchise portion of the game is the ability to edit the team budgets(at any time during the franchise)
While ALL portions of the game get attention every year...I think it see-saws from heavy on franchise(last year) to gameplay/graphics(at least that's the way it seems to me).....so we'll have to compile a good list for Kolbe and Co. to add to the franchise mode.
The fact that they pay attention to our requests has me encouraged for additions like these.

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah I gave OOP 8 a try because it was free and I wanted to see how it was and I really liked how the front office was done in that game.

I think that incentives might actually be easiest to add out of all my suggestions just because if an inferior game like that 2k game MLB Front Office or something like that can do it, than I'm sure so can The Show granted the other one was more about front office

Teams For Life:
MLB:New York Yankees
NHL:New York Rangers
Football(Soccer):F.C. Porto
Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #285
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
Editing budget is a good idea. For those who were invited at Community Event last year, did you get good feedbacks they're willing to enhanced roster editing ? ( Players potential, ability to move a player to one team instead of having to switch him with another player ). I imagine we won't be able to edit physical attributes of real players 'cause of MLB licensing issues.

One little change I would really like to see is to add one column in the Roster Vault so we can see who posted it !!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #286
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
Editing budget is a good idea. For those who were invited at Community Event last year, did you get good feedbacks they're willing to enhanced roster editing ? ( Players potential, ability to move a player to one team instead of having to switch him with another player ). I imagine we won't be able to edit physical attributes of real players 'cause of MLB licensing issues.

One little change I would really like to see is to add one column in the Roster Vault so we can see who posted it !!!!
I can't say much and while I don't think you'll be able to edit potential(it's nearly a guarantee you won't)....neither of those things will be a problem this year.
You'll see is all I can say at the moment.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #287
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
I can't say much and while I don't think you'll be able to edit potential(it's nearly a guarantee you won't)....neither of those things will be a problem this year.
You'll see is all I can say at the moment.

M.K.
Knight165
thanks Knight. But just curious. Did they give you a reason with the Potential can't be change ? And don't understand why they won't be a problem this year.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #288
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
thanks Knight. But just curious. Did they give you a reason with the Potential can't be change ? And don't understand why they won't be a problem this year.
I can't remember why, on potential being uneditable.....they did tell me.

On how it won't be a problem....I really cannot say any more until I get the OK.
Like I've said way too many times....Kolbe...Jeff...Aaron simply hear what we're saying and make it happen in a way that they can. It's not always exactly what we "want"....but they do it within what works for the game if they can.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »