Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Things I would Love to see added in MLB 11 (Front Office Wise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I can't remember why, on potential being uneditable.....they did tell me.

On how it won't be a problem....I really cannot say any more until I get the OK.
Like I've said way too many times....Kolbe...Jeff...Aaron simply hear what we're saying and make it happen in a way that they can. It's not always exactly what we "want"....but they do it within what works for the game if they can.

M.K.
Knight165
Which is a good thing, just a small question don't know if you are allowed to say or not, but will there be any updates on franchise other than just game play? Like I said earlier its the stuff on franchise (Front office mostly) that really gets a big part of my interest

Teams For Life:
MLB:New York Yankees
NHL:New York Rangers
Football(Soccer):F.C. Porto
Old 12-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #290
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Four minor things I'd like

1. I'd like to be able to cycle through the foul ball animation.
2. Be able to change time of day for franchise games ... I really prefer to play in the daytime.
3. Pop-up alerts. About things happening around the league. "Pujols hits HR #35 in SF" "Cards 1.5 up in NL Central after win"
4. I would like more reward on the guess pitch/perfect swing. Reward = strength of contact, not a guarantee in a hit.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys, I love this site and mostly been lurking and reading what people want but I thought I'd throw my two cents in on what I want.

First, I'd love to have non-roster invites for Spring Training. I think that would really help on the realistic part of the game. A lot of non-roster guys make the opening day roster and I think it would be beneficial to have in a game.

Also, I'd like to have something you can edit to have a player eligible for the Rule V Draft. This really will help once a full minors roster is out, because all the real minor leaguers are there and it would be closer to the real Rule V draft instead of having guys like Joel Zumaya and Jason Grilli (who are not on the 40 in most rosters, but subject to the Rule V draft).

The last thing I would like to be perfected would be the option years. If they could solidify it and make it how it is in real life, then I think this game would be perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #292
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Knight, a difficulty "trade" slider is a genius idea. But the slider would have to work for all teams and not just the user controlled (I guess if the slider is global). I hope they implement this idea.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #293
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Knight, a difficulty "trade" slider is a genius idea. But the slider would have to work for all teams and not just the user controlled (I guess if the slider is global). I hope they implement this idea.
Well....I can't really take credit for it.
OOTP11 uses it and I have it set to very hard.
I cannot tell you how many times I've seen the "sorry, we won't take on a vastly overpaid aging player" when trying to move my older players.
It's also pretty crushing when you put your player on the "shop around" section(you can do 3 per day...that's it) and you get zero bites...
But it does make it "interesting".

I finished my 2011 season(I took over as GM after simming 2010 and firing Omar Minaya)...in forth place 11 games under .500. I couldn't move anyone except Franceour for Kuroda(Frenchy ripped it for L.A.....Kuroda sucked) anytime during the season even near the deadline.
In some ways it might be too much...but as long as you can move it back and forth...it works as intended.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #294
Banned

OVR: 2

things Id like to see..which may not be far off...batter calling time out and manual check swing appeals as a catcher...that would be a nice feature...we will never seen missed base appeals as they are so rare anyway and be almost useless to implement...except maybe at home plate where they make a play at home almost its own mini game..with specific things that could happen on a close play...oh and in RTTS have the pitcher actually cover the plate on passed balls..

Last edited by HFX007; 12-22-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 1
cool idea?

I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to play a RTTS with players already in the majors. For example, say I want to break the home run record with A-rod or just close games with Papalbon. It would be just like RTTS so if I wanted I could take whoever I am controlling to another team through free agency if I want.

What you guys think? I do believe Maddens superstar mode had this a few years back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #296
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: cool idea?

Manual catcher mound visits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »