Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #361
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
Ya seriously the view of the city is amazing inside PNC because the outfield walls are short except for the clemente wall or in modern terms. . .pedros porch.
Well that's true, but the point is that the light from the inside ends up nearly sucking all of the light from the outside of the stadium that it becomes not as easy to see stuff that you normally would if none of the lights were on. This includes stars, the dark blue/purple sky (depending on cloud cover), and yes, even far away objects.

Consider this wonky night transition that I will show you of PNC Park. Maybe this is around the start of a game (beautiful look by the way):

Then maybe you'll get the third inning right here:

But then once you hit the 5th inning and on, all of the sudden you get that "pitch black" look and the ambient light kicks in. While you can still see the buildings, it's not quite as clear anymore:

Now remember, this has more to do with the fact that you are inside the lit up stadium and less to do with because it's just night time. Look at any other night time downtown Pittsburgh shot without lights in your face:

But that's neither here nor there, they capture the ambient light thing rather well already, before they had wonky transition issues though (going to a strange grayish sky then suddenly shooting to black). It looks like they might be going a different route this year though, and if that's true that means they are currently batting 1.000 with every improvement that I might have brought up. These guys are on fire! There's a reason to nitpick you know.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wonder if that sound effect when you foul a ball straight back is gone. I know its small but its really annoying to hear what sounds like the baseball hitting a chain link fence when you foul it straight back into the backstop
Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #363
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I'm in support of the new hitting mechanic, I'm just not sure that I will be very good at it, especially if I have to move both the left (for PCI) and right sticks.

Knowing the MLB devs, there will be plenty of options so I can either go back to the old way of doing things, or find a happy middle ground.

Adjustable cameras is awesome. Hopefully someone will post settings for all 30 teams in terms of pitching views.
I read that you can use the new controls or the old ones...they're all included as options...

I'm probably going to stick to classic pitching, because I'm always really, really happy with the results, but I'd like to try this new hitting system, although I'm kind of wondering if it's going to be a steep 'adjustment curve' after so many years with the previous system...

Anyway...game looks like it's going to 'set the bar' again for sports titles...

YAY!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #364
Rookie

how does check swings work under swing stick, if at all? Over the past 2 years i've become extremely good with check swinging, but quite frankly i'd rather use the swing stick than face buttons to hit.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #365
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac
how does check swings work under swing stick, if at all? Over the past 2 years i've become extremely good with check swinging, but quite frankly i'd rather use the swing stick than face buttons to hit.
Pull back or don't press forward all the way. The check swing you trigger (if you trigger one at all) will be determined by how far forward you swing and the batters ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #366
Rookie

OVR: 3
I think I'm getting a clue! A REALLY BIG clue!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #367
Go Braves!!

AtlantaBraves22's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
"They're baaack!"

Lol. Us braves fans are very picky. Lol. I already sent pictures in for the out of town score board. Turner field gotta a new one at the beginning of last year. So they have no reason not to put it in.

PSN: AlabamaRollTide8 (Add me if your a braves fan, or Alabama Fan!)
Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #368
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Pull back or don't press forward all the way. The check swing you trigger (if you trigger one at all) will be determined by how far forward you swing and the batters ratings.
So even just releasing the stick and moving it back to the center position wont swing through? That was one of my main problems with swing stick in 2K baseball.....even just letting go of the stick on a pitch you dont want to hit becomes a full swing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »