Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #337
Pro

OVR: 18
Sounds great. Im always anxious to hear about the presentation improvements - not that The Show needs too many when you set it next to other sports games of the day. I like the dynamic weather and cloud coverage thing. I like the additional camera controls. And of course the new analogue stick controls could be a lot of fun.

I would still LOVE to see a weekly (or nightly) wrap-up show in Franchise mode. Much like NBA2K11 does, a nice slick highlight show with news from around the league would be very cool. I wonder if this will happen?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #338
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Would like to hear what online mode would specifically get vs the single player game. Last year some of the views weren't available for online. Also, are we going to get specific rooms for Guess Pitch off like we had in MLB09.

Hope the Scout now is fixed, it was a rare occasion that you searched and connected to someone to play.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #339
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Always we would never force you to play the game a certain way.
Russell, when playing online, does each opponent have to use the same control scheme (Analog or Buttons) like base running and guess pitch in previous games?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #340
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
"They're baaack!"

LMAO - first the cow, now the flashing sign!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #341
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
"improvements include flexible divisions in leagues (2, 4 or 6), custom roster support for league play"

Hmmm...this is something I want to hear much more about!! I hope it is available for those not playing online as well. This hints at the ability to create custom leagues just like the good old days of the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc. I know Knight is listening!

I do hope that since they have included this option that they also have a way to make Knight's job that much easier with the creation of classic teams...because I'd love to replay a season from the 1960's when 1 division in both leagues!! Please say there is a way to make classic teams much faster than current functionality/editor allows...

Great job as always SCEA!! Above and beyond...

C
I want to know if you can trade in the online leagues w/ custom rosters? Was this how it was in the leagues in the past? I never played online, but this might make me play. I always hated editing players accessories, to only go online and have generic accessories.

Now all the work that Knight puts in, and the little tweaks I make on accessories afterward can translate online.

So again, can anyone confirm if you can trade among users in online leagues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #342
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Is timing based hitting still in the game. I'm excited to try the new hitting, but am concerned it may be too difficult for me. So hopefully timing based hitting is still in the game
Well according to IGN preview the new analog swing is timed based only. The batter will automatically adjust to the height of the pitch, you just have to dictate whether your swinging in or away.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #343
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Well according to IGN preview the new analog swing is timed based only. The batter will automatically adjust to the height of the pitch, you just have to dictate whether your swinging in or away.
MVP NCAA was the same way as they described in the article. If you played that you would probably have a head start on the system.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #344
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
"improvements include flexible divisions in leagues (2, 4 or 6), custom roster support for league play"

Hmmm...this is something I want to hear much more about!! I hope it is available for those not playing online as well. This hints at the ability to create custom leagues just like the good old days of the 50's, 60's, 70's, etc. I know Knight is listening!

I do hope that since they have included this option that they also have a way to make Knight's job that much easier with the creation of classic teams...because I'd love to replay a season from the 1960's when 1 division in both leagues!! Please say there is a way to make classic teams much faster than current functionality/editor allows...

Great job as always SCEA!! Above and beyond...

C
I took it to mean only online but I really hope im wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »