Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #353
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

I was also wondering, if you can use custom rosters when playing a quick match online?

For example I have friends that live in different towns/cities, but we never get to hang out much. But I would like to play pick up (non-league) games with custom rosters.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #354
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
Curious about this as well.. Also if we are able to use the pitching meter from this year (and previous years) online as well. I'm assuming we are until told otherwise.
Just remember nothing gets taken away from you when new things are added. You would still be able to use the pitching meter.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #355
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
I was also wondering, if you can use custom rosters when playing a quick match online?

For example I have friends that live in different towns/cities, but we never get to hang out much. But I would like to play pick up (non-league) games with custom rosters.
I am sure at some point there will be a blog specifically about online, so I would save all your questions until then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 AM   #356
Rookie

Openroad_7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYanks26
Curious about this as well.. Also if we are able to use the pitching meter from this year (and previous years) online as well. I'm assuming we are until told otherwise.

The league stuff all sounds great.. Interested to hear more about this weather situation too. Will we have real rain delays where you are possibly forced to remove your starting pitcher?!
I am wondering what will differ between offline and online. For instance camera angles will probably not make it online, do we finally get the behind the pitcher view for online?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #357
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Just remember nothing gets taken away from you when new things are added. You would still be able to use the pitching meter.
Figured as much, they are very good with keeping stuff in. Just wanted to make sure we can still use them in an online league if we wanted to. I'm sure more info will continue to pour out but I love how they gave the leagues so much more control now.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #358
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone notices that in the screen shot looking out into McCovey Cove with the Giants due up, it says San Diego behind each player due up?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #359
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick10
Has anyone notices that in the screen shot looking out into McCovey Cove with the Giants due up, it says San Diego behind each player due up?
Probably just placeholder graphic for that build.

Those SCEA guys like to convince people that San Diego is the best place to watch a baseball game.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #360
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Well, having been to two Pirates games, I can't agree with that. With the way the lighting is inside the stadium the city backdrop is very visible. Im wondering if they could cheat a little bit..It is a videogame afterall
Ya seriously the view of the city is amazing inside PNC because the outfield walls are short except for the clemente wall or in modern terms. . .pedros porch.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »