Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #329
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Seems like only yesterday we were all running all over town looking for the Best Buy that had the mlb 10 kiosk set up. Now with this info on MLB 11, I have this urge to check my local Best Buy just to make sure they don't have a MLB 11 Kiosk set up, even tho I know they don't. SCREW IT, IM RUNNING UP THERE TO CHECK ANYWAY
LOL, I think you may be a little early with that one!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #330
RE2PECT

NYYanks26's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks good.. Just a quick question, I briefly searched through the thread but couldn't find a definite answer. I know Russ said we have the option of using all the old controls online, but does that include the pitching meter? Will I be able to use the same pitching meter from MLB 10 in MLB 11?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #331
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

any scoop on getting some real brands in this year? nike, mizuno, under armour etc etc? thats one thing I hate is that all the players have all the same equipment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #332
Rookie

OVR: 0

The one thing I hope they change this year in the presentation, is when there is a foul ball by the batter the screen swipes back to the pitcher and catcher view. Why can't they just let it play out. No swipes. And why can't the batters step out of the batters box on ever pitch to setup for the next pitch on both CPU and Player control side like they do in real life that would be great. EVerything I am hearing about MLB11 sounds great. And in regards to the addition of Eric Karros in the booth, they better atleast do something like 2k did and not have one liners and make funny or stupid statements that has nothing to do with the game like last year. I hope they have rainouts this year and have double headers and also a playoff mode where we can pit any team up against eatch other...Will see
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #333
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm also hoping for a playoff mode!
Besides that there's allready so much crossed of my wishlist...and it's only the first batch of info!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #334
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

First I have a very busy day at work and so I won't be on much but wanted to pop in to ask this:
With the adjustible cams: Will I be able to get a view like a hybrid of the high cam and broadcast cam? I'm assuming yes...

I really want to be able to pitch from that type view. I'm sure some will wonder "How are you going to pitch from that view??"
Same as I can't hit from the pitcher view..I'm confident I can pitch from the High or broadcast view just using feel etc... And it will be just another challenge to overcome.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #335
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
And I believe, depending on what part of the PCI makes contact, will be the effect on the ball. Center obviously most solid, top edge underneath the ball will more than likely pop it up, same for getting on top for a grounder, etc.
I hope that's how it works. I know a lot of people not only griped about the lack of whiffs when the PCI wasn't over the ball, but also solid contact when it was poorly aligned. Hopefully the changes alleviate both issues and give us top-notch bat/ball interaction.

And my excitement is despite the fact that I struggled to align the PCI in '10. Never imagined my offense could be even worse in '11...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #336
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm in support of the new hitting mechanic, I'm just not sure that I will be very good at it, especially if I have to move both the left (for PCI) and right sticks.

Knowing the MLB devs, there will be plenty of options so I can either go back to the old way of doing things, or find a happy middle ground.

Adjustable cameras is awesome. Hopefully someone will post settings for all 30 teams in terms of pitching views.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »