Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11: The Show First Look

I think i am more excited for this game than i was for Mlb 10 The show. I cant ask more for it sounds like our wishes have been granted..Weather really makes a difference..
Old 12-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #98
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Honestly, I know the hardcore are going to eat this stuff up but I am not impressed. I am not sure how much farther they can go with this on the PS3 with their current engine and team. How about making the world series actually appear **** as it is in real life. That was one thing that was just seriously lacking in last year's and every year's game. I doubt they have done nary a thing to fix their presentation problems. Personally I play with the announcers off. Good choice to change it up but I doubt it is going to really affect what was already there.

I still see that ugly as sin player's choice crap in Target Field replacing the elegant budweiser sign. Not sure which guy on the team does stadium detail but he needs more help. These stadiums need proper attention and they are just not getting it imo. The least they could do would be to mimic the sign for christ. This hardly looks any different to me at all.

Weather I would say is great but in all honesty it doesn't make that much of a difference. I expect the same horrid stats and stances and the same need to redo everything. I spent more time correcting rosters on 10 then I did playing the game. I am not about to do it all over again at the end of the 2011 season. I will be doing opening day rosters for 10 and I will be fine. These stadiums and players will never be up to my personal standard so I am fine with what is in 10. Their ad placement is so terrible in some stadiums that I do really hope they have improved that but AT&T looks almost EXACTLY the same which isn't bad. I noticed the name of the park is the right color. Hope those new trons work out. I will definitely be comparing the demo.

The twins are going to be adding stuff to their stadium so I doubt any of that will be in and that is just another reason I don't need another sports game with a few new features that I don't care to use. As a Twins fan, the 10 edition definitely needs some help but it's pretty good overall. One thing I would like changed for 10 is the color of the grass and walls for stadiums. Target Field doesn't quite have that Target Field vibe. The grass is very green there and yet in the game it just isn't even close to what it looks like. Same with the dirt. I like the controls just fine the way they are. I don't see them improving the animation system to the point I need to spend any more of my hard earned dollars. I'll wait to see if this is worth picking up for cheap but unless it has a drastic increase in animations and stadium detail I don't need to bother.

I am sure the game will be great but what was there pretty much satisfies me. Keep up the good work though. This game will be nuts on the PS4.

Last edited by khronikos; 12-15-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Yummm...

Rock and Fire style pitching...

True analog batting, and true zone hitting...

Co-op play...

Weather...

Team Broadcast cameras...

Stadium specific scoreboards...

Karros...

New Player Models (look at the arms and shoulders in the pics, they are, *sniff* *sniff* beautiful)!!!

etc etc etc
What's your understanding guys of the Team Broadcast cameras ? we can customize it per team or they're is a set of predefined broadcast view per team ?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #100
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

YES!!!! Nothing like some early MLB:The Show info to warm up the bones when it's 20 degrees outside! I swear that I had to read the paragraph about co-op play 3 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Co-op play is something I've been wishing for in The Show for many years, and it appears that my wishes have finally come true (thank you SCEA for your unparalleled awesomeness). I am confident that this addition alone will add TONS of fun when playing with friends & family. Everything touched on in this preview sounds amazing and I'm sure that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have never been a big fan of analog stick controls in a baseball game, but I know many people wanted this feature and I will surely give SCEA's take on it a legitimate tryout. Besides, as long as there's still the option to play using the old school buttons, it's all gravy. This write-up totally made my day, it feels like Christmas came on Dec. 15th this year!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #101
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Honestly, I know the hardcore are going to eat this stuff up but I am not impressed. I am not sure how much farther they can go with this on the PS3 with their current engine and team. How about making the world series actually appear **** as it is in real life. That was one thing that was just seriously lacking in last year's and every year's game. I doubt they have done nary a thing to fix their presentation problems. Personally I play with the announcers off. Good choice to change it up but I doubt it is going to really affect what was already there.

I still see that ugly as sin player's choice crap in Target Field replacing the elegant budweiser sign. Not sure which guy on the team does stadium detail but he needs more help. These stadiums need proper attention and they are just not getting it imo. The least they could do would be to mimic the sign for christ. This hardly looks any different to me at all.

Weather I would say is great but in all honesty it doesn't make that much of a difference. I expect the same horrid stats and stances and the same need to redo everything. I spent more time correcting rosters on 10 then I did playing the game. I am not about to do it all over again at the end of the 2011 season. I will be doing opening day rosters for 10 and I will be fine. These stadiums and players will never be up to my personal standard so I am fine with what is in 10. Their ad placement is so terrible in some stadiums that I do really hope they have improved that but AT&T looks almost EXACTLY the same. Hope those new trons work out. I will definitely be comparing the demo.

The twins are going to be adding stuff to their stadium so I doubt any of that will be in and that is just another reason I don't need another sports game with a few new features that I don't care to use. I like the controls just fine the way they are. I don't see them improving the animation system to the point I need to spend any more of my hard earned dollars. I'll wait to see if this is worth picking up for cheap but unless it has a drastic increase in animations and stadium detail I don't need to bother.
Really?!?!? Wow, hard man to please here. Maybe there is another game out there for you that you can enjoy....good luck finding it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #102
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
What's your understanding guys of the Team Broadcast cameras ? we can customize it per team or they're is a set of predefined broadcast view per team ?
I get the feeling that you can set the camera to anything you want, but they will also have some preset ones based off the real team's camera angles to choose from
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #103
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos

Weather I would say is great but in all honesty it doesn't make that much of a difference. I expect the same horrid stats and stances and the same need to redo everything. I spent more time correcting rosters on 10 then I did playing the game. I am not about to do it all over again at the end of the 2011 season. I will be doing opening day rosters for 10 and I will be fine. These stadiums and players will never be up to my personal standard so I am fine with what is in 10. Their ad placement is so terrible in some stadiums that I do really hope they have improved that but AT&T looks almost EXACTLY the same. Hope those new trons work out. I will definitely be comparing the demo.

The twins are going to be adding stuff to their stadium so I doubt any of that will be in and that is just another reason I don't need another sports game with a few new features that I don't care to use. I like the controls just fine the way they are. I don't see them improving the animation system to the point I need to spend any more of my hard earned dollars. I'll wait to see if this is worth picking up for cheap but unless it has a drastic increase in animations and stadium detail I don't need to bother.
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #104
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
Here:

Quote:
a camera editor that enables you to customize any pitching or batting camera to your own personal specifications. There are even the exact broadcast views for every MLB team so you can play the game as your favorite team from the exact same viewpoint you watch them play for real. Amazing.
From what it sounds like, when you watch TV and where the camera is behind the pitcher of a live broadcast, the camera's will be placed in the exact location.

Also there is custom pitching and batting cameras this year to boot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I get the feeling that you can set the camera to anything you want, but they will also have some preset ones based off the real team's camera angles to choose from
Exactly what it sounds like to me too.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 12-15-2010 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »