Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #73
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

This will easily become my favorite game of ALL TIME. I have never been so excited for a game.

Last edited by The Chef; 12-15-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Enough of the crude slang
Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

if its not in the game, Id pay for a create stadium download.
Other than that, custom cameras, rain, zone hitting. Dont think this game will leave my ps3.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 10

I really like the new information that has come out, with the custom camera's, especially with your RTTS player, I think it would be cook to have the batting camera with the picture of Joe Mauer in the picture of the article, that way it really looks like it is you up to bat and your looking out to the pitcher and can have the depth of the walls....looking forward to hearing more about the game in the next coming days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #76
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Holy smokes.

If everything they've implemented is tuned to full working order, which I have full faith in SCEA doing, I don't see how this won't be the greatest sports game ever made.

The only things left unchecked on my wishlist would be the inclusion of classic teams, the ability to modify/create custom divisions and a full-blown Teambuilder-esque create-a-team feature.

Russ.. you may or may not be able to comment on this (I don't know how restricted you are for the time being).. but do you know if any of the media outlets will be posting video alongside their information?

Last edited by beau21; 12-15-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #77
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
Holy smokes.

IF everything they've implemented is tuned to full working order, which I have full faith SCEA in doing, I don't see how this won't be the greatest sports game ever made.

The only things left unchecked on my wishlist would be the inclusion of classic teams, the ability to modify/create custom divisions and a full-blown Teambuilder-esque create-a-team feature.

Russ.. you may or may not be able to comment on this (I don't know how restricted you are for the time being).. but do you know if any of the media outlets will be posting video alongside their information?

No we haven't let anyone take any footage of the game yet. There will be a couple of video interviews posted on Thursday though they may have small snippets of video.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 6

wow...so excited. Really.

My only little disappointment : look at Cody Ross picture, the twins are back. I understand maybe they can't get ride of them completely but is it possible to at least don't sit them too close.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #79
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Wow! I wasn't expecting Analog controls, so this came as a nice surprise to me.

Russell, can you tell us if there will be a slider for the "window" when using Analog Hitting? I know in EA's NCAA Baseball games you could change that slider so you could hold back on the R-stick a little longer before pressing forward to make contact.

I like the sounds of Analog Pitching, too, with having to move the stick in the direction you are wanting the pitch to go.

The change in RTTS evaluations/goals is great!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 33
Re: MLB 11: The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
Not overly impressed with any of the new features. However, to be honest, I didn't have too many complaints with the '10 version and I know other tweaks will be upcoming that will cater more to what I want.

The best thing out of there to me is the chance that the play-by-play has been revamped since they added Karros and dropped Hud.
Hopefully the commentary is more dynamic as in NBA 2K11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »