Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

I love how the game is played in SF. It's the Giants...

Buster Posey, Cody Ross and Mark Derosa are up next to bat....All Giants players

And there is a San Diego thingy behind them in the middle of inning screen...
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #114
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
true zone hitting: THAT'S what I've been waiting for.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
I'm not trying to sound down and out here I am just saying what I feel. I have never been a year to year sports guy. I think it is the unreal expectations I have from the game because it is good that I prepare myself to be underwhelmed. I really do expect animations and stadiums to be much improved but I am not sure how far they will go. It doesn't, for me personally, look like they will reach the plateau I would want for spending another 50 or 60 on this. 10 was already a pretty damn good game. Little improvements here and there don't really make a difference. I would love for the Twins logo behind the batter to be changed to the TC and the grass to be as green as it is in real life or for the HoF numbers in the outfield to be in the right order but I am certainly not going to pay 60 dollars for it. The buildings and cityscapes imo need a lot of improvement but again I am just not expecting those kind of things. They had other priorities and I doubt much optimization went into textures and colors of the grass and walls and signs. Would it be that hard for this team to use Pitch F/X and actually make this game a sim instead of having us do it? How about all the crazy stances and motions that aren't even close. These are legitimate concerns. I don't have another 100 hours to put into doing stuff that I want done by the people actually making the game.
khron, no need to explain as i am with you, in terms of not being a yearly sports game purchaser.

for me to grab 11 it HAS to have a new UI, from the menus, which in franchise are a jumblegluck, right on down to the in game banners.
from the looks of the pic, the banners are the same with just white added instead of full black.
not what I was hoping for.

navigating franny is a chore for me.
i honestly dont need any more features in my franchise mode, its already stacked.
I just want a new look to the whole affair.

also with baseball being a stats game, i want to see that brought to life in stat pop ups in game.
not the paltry overlays we had last year.

i have no problem sticking with 10, too deep into it all to jump into another version unless the tv presentation is overhauled which will breath life into the experience, at least for me.

as far as the first news of whats added...aint nothing wrong with what i see, but i am still waiting for stuff to show up from MVP days of yore.

I might just dive back in when the gates open up in 2012.
tho, i will be monitoring the news of 11 as it comes out, you never know it might have the stuff i am looking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #116
Rookie

Vanman2425's Arena

OVR: 3

Giants fans: It looks like they have added the players' names on the backs of the batting helmets by the looks of the Torres screenshot, and B Weez no longer has blonde hair! Also, I'm very excited for the authentic scoreboard displays. AT&T's looks spot on.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
Why would they? That would be a waste of everyone's time.
they did it in 2k with clark kellogg lol
but yea, i dont think they will.
imagine that, Karros spewing out rexs old nuggets
lolol
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #118
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
khron, no need to explain as i am with you, in terms of not being a yearly sports game purchaser.

for me to grab 11 it HAS to have a new UI, from the menus, which in franchise are a jumblegluck, right on down to the in game banners.
from the looks of the pic, the banners are the same with just white added instead of full black.
not what I was hoping for.

navigating franny is a chore for me.
i honestly dont need any more features in my franchise mode, its already stacked.
I just want a new look to the whole affair.

also with baseball being a stats game, i want to see that brought to life in stat pop ups in game.
not the paltry overlays we had last year.

i have no problem sticking with 10, too deep into it all to jump into another version unless the tv presentation is overhauled which will breath life into the experience, at least for me.

as far as the first news of whats added...aint nothing wrong with what i see, but i am still waiting for stuff to show up from MVP days of yore.

I might just dive back in when the gates open up in 2012.
tho, i will be monitoring the news of 11 as it comes out, you never know it might have the stuff i am looking for.
You have to take into account at what stage the pics and version the guy doing the preview was exposed to. From past experiences, presentation type material gets added at the very end, not saying that it will have what you are looking for just keep in mind what you are seeing is not close to the end yet.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #119
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

They had me at co-op.

And real quick...Having new models isn't all about the "look" its also about how the players themselves shift their shoulders, etc., If they truly got rid of the boxy movements, damn we'll be in business.

OK enough of that now just give me the game so I can pitch(and dominate) with the four horsemen. SCEA SD have raised the bar once again.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #120
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4

Scoreboards, depending on how realistic they are, will be quite nice. It's the details like the little helmet names you just mentioned. Why isn't this carried over to all teams? It just seems like it is the team on the cover and a couple others that get special treatment. I think all that is going into this game is much needed and it makes me happy that they are listening and improving things. All the glitches that are still in last year's game like freezes are really disappointing and I hope they have ironed out those kinks as well. One of these years I want them to use pitch F/X on every pitcher and actually get them right. I did kind of enjoy doing my rosters from 4.3 but it was a lot of work and I don't have the time to do it again. The 2012 year might be my year but then again the PS4 is inching closer by then and I might have to just wait until they get it running on that We'll see. I look forward as I do every year to all the improvements being slowly announced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »