Home

Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

This is a discussion on Living in the Past with NBA 2K11 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 24
Why on the OS front page is this labeled "An NCAA Football dynasty idea"?

Very misleading....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #42
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
I didn't really watch NBA games until the Thunder came about, but it's cool that you went back and changed things into what could have been.

I've done the same thing in Madden games, like picking Suggs and Big Ben for the Jaguars instead of Leftwich and Williams.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0
man im domianating in my current season and i absoulute love how every year they make the games look even real i mean who knows how the games could look in lets say 2013 and by the way im dominanting with the pheonix suns trading for shaq lebron dwayne wade and im tryna add mj to this pretty mutch a new fantasty dream team
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

Great topic for a great game. I'm still playing quick games to get my timing down, but to have the tools to create fantasy line ups makes me feel like a kid again. For fun I decided to pair Kobe up with Shaq again, and a chubby out of "retirement" Magic to challenge the 96 Bulls in a best of 3 Match up.

One thing that people forget about the old Bulls team is how great they were at rotating on defense. Most people just remember MJ and Pippen's dunks, Rodman's rebounds, and Kerr and Kukoc's 3 pointers. But when these guys wanted to lock you down, they did it.

Another thing I started doing was recording games to DVD's and I'll be darned if it's not like watching the real deal. A tip for recording is to keep gameplay speed at 40 with the Broad Cast view at 5 zoom-5 height (default). If you're running play's, you'll be amazed at how accurate it looks just watching your recorded sessions again.

Anyway, just want to thank 2k for knocking it out the park with what they have available technology wise. By 2020, if they're still making improvements, it's gonna be scary with the accuracy of players etc. Also GREAT idea having signature plays after the game to relive every player's moments CGI style after each game. That's like the ultimate pay off for all of your work during the game lol.

One final thing. Any B-ball game without MJ just feels incomplete, so keep bringin him back. 86 bulls, 91 bulls, and 97 bulls should keep everybody happy (along with accurate kicks of course).
Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Living in the Past with NBA 2K11

I'm playing with the old Lakers. I've mixed in a bench that I think compliments the starters well. Chris Duhon, Peja, Ebanks, Sean Williams, & Steven Hunter. It's interesting to match the Lakers precision offense against the much more athletic teams of today. When I start my association I'm replacing the current Lakers with the old. I'm sending Kobe to the Clippers (not a bad team. ) Im putting in the old Pistons with Prince at sf & some of the current bench. Same with the Bulls & Utah. I'd put Bird & the Celtics in but the current team is too good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »